Its ageed after 200 battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
164 replies to this topic

TKGhoul_ #81 Posted Jan 27 2013 - 16:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23094 battles

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Oct 15 2012 - 20:00, said:

After close to 200 battles with the T32 I can honestly say it is total and complete crap.  Below are points of reference for the unbelievers,

Took me 111 matches to finish the grind to the M103. T32 does not fit your style, just that. It's a surprisingly great tank with a adequate gun that can fight any other tier 8 and most tier 9s w/o any real issue if you know the enemy tanks. Granted, it's not very forgiving for anyone starting the game, but both T32 and VK4502A are two of the most fun tier 8 tanks you can get. They have good armor, move very well and have decent guns. Yes, you need to load gold every now and then. But that's not an issue anymore.

Mattar19K #82 Posted Jan 28 2013 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9168 battles
I am just under 200 battles in my T32, and I absolutely love playing this tank.  I like it so much that I tend to get too aggressive and end up dead because of it, but I'm usually taking well over 10-15 hits before it happens.  My overconfidence comes from the fact that so many times the tank itself has pulled my chestnuts out of the fire.

Hull down, it's just brutal.  People have to burn gold to get me to move if there isn't any artillery that can hit me.  Yesterday, I had several games with four kills.  I am very happy if I get three on a tank, as I focus more on inflicting damage, and four or more makes me ecstatic.

The gun works for me.  I am happy with it, and I enjoy the fact that it has a decent rate of reload.

My only concern is that I hope the M103 lives up to the high expectations I have of it after driving the T32.

Mobility is good enough.  I am not driving a medium, but the T32 moves well enough when I need it to do so.

nabrendel79 #83 Posted Jan 28 2013 - 17:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 10954 battles
I have a love/hate relationship with my T32. In City maps, going hull down is nearly impossible unless you find the good rubble spots or a nice hill. But, if you aren't top on the match you have to support and hang back. I know the M103 is going to be different and I've been trying to decide to get either that or the Patton, as my first tier 9.

KnightFandragon #84 Posted Jan 28 2013 - 20:30

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View PostMattar19K, on Jan 28 2013 - 16:15, said:

I am just under 200 battles in my T32, and I absolutely love playing this tank.  I like it so much that I tend to get too aggressive and end up dead because of it, but I'm usually taking well over 10-15 hits before it happens.  My overconfidence comes from the fact that so many times the tank itself has pulled my chestnuts out of the fire.

Hull down, it's just brutal.  People have to burn gold to get me to move if there isn't any artillery that can hit me.  Yesterday, I had several games with four kills.  I am very happy if I get three on a tank, as I focus more on inflicting damage, and four or more makes me ecstatic.

The gun works for me.  I am happy with it, and I enjoy the fact that it has a decent rate of reload.

My only concern is that I hope the M103 lives up to the high expectations I have of it after driving the T32.

Mobility is good enough.  I am not driving a medium, but the T32 moves well enough when I need it to do so.

No, the M103 will disappoint you horribly if you even dream of adopting T32 tactics.  Hulldown doesnt work, the M103 cant brawl a loltraktor and not come away beat all to hell.  If the Durability of the T32 impresses you, dont go to the M103, its made of ammo rack, instapens, permatracks, blood from a 100 dead loaders and the empty shells of thousands of medkits and repairkits.  Oh, and the M103 disinegrates under artillery fire..

The only thing going for hte M103 is the good gun, but that is a moot point when the tank isnt alive to use it.

T32 is a better tank then the M103 in almost all regards except for straight up gun power and agility/acceleration.  T32 is faster and tougher, and all in all a more versatile tank then the m103.  M103 is a purely sniper, attempts to use it any other way, results in a burning hulk.  T32 can brawl almost any tank save for like a Maus or E100, maybe not hte IS7 or 4, but anything else, the T32 can stick its turret in your face, gun up your @$$ and fire till the matter is settled.  T32 all in all, I gotta agree with the masses, is the best US Heavy tank in the line.  It fixes the T29s faults and just makes a bad ass tank.

cmdrnarrain #85 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 18:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27660 battles
WOT does adjust tanks, maybe they have made some adjustments to this tank.  I don’t know, but then again I have no plans to find out either.

I do see one in battle, once in a while and can confirm the following,

1.    It is still tracked very easily
2.    Once tracked, it dies soon afterwards
3.    It has been able to pen to me, but has more to do with how common gold rounds are now than anything else

People who love the T32, generally fall into two buckets.   Someone way back when, who played before they nerfed the gun and the average pen on most guns was only 200.  Armor and pen have both increased a lot sense then.   Or, someone who has never played any other T8 hvy tanks.

Oh, am sure there are a few professional T32 driver out there, just like professional Amx40 drivers but why bother?

Get over it.  The tank is crap and needs a better gun and the tracking problem is just stupid.  You are doing a disservice to all of the noobs by saying it is a good tank.

KnightFandragon #86 Posted Jan 30 2013 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Jan 30 2013 - 18:38, said:

You are doing a disservice to all of the noobs by saying it is a good tank.

Because it really is atleast a decent tank.  I liked it for the most part.  Just gotta play a little smarter with it.  Sure, I cant argue with it needing a better gun, a 212pen 90mm would be purely blissful, but what it is now, imo, the T32 is the best US Heavy in terms of armor and mobility.  The T5E1 is a slacker in T9 and T10, but atleast in those tiers, you know it, so play differently.   In T8 the gun does ok for itself vs atleast the IS3, I have ripped apart a few IS3s from straight on the front with the T5E1 in the last few times I played(months ago).  I think they made the T5E1 better.  Then, the increased RoF and acc on the T32 makes it less annoying to use.  The tougher armor and higher agility makes it more able to play in the flanker heavy role it needs to.  The hull isnt cheese like the T29, atleast not quite as cheesy.

Yeah, the T32 has obvious things wrong with it, but it does ok for itself.  its got less weaknesses tier for tier then the M103 and T29.

M103 has no armor, cant adopt any kind of flanker role with it, cant push with it, can only snipe with it.  Cant even reliably hull down with it, the turret is to weak.

T29, its only strong point is the frontal mantlet.  The gun is fickle and unreliable, its kinda slow and sluggish, even upgraded.....T29 is only a good bully tank, other T7s can shred it quite easily.

T32?  It has atleast one segment of armor you can rely on.  Its fairly fast with pretty good accel, the gun is more reliable then on the T29.  It can bounce rounds and hold its own against other T8s and maybe some T9s, depending on the situation.  T32 can 1v1 anything in its tier and maybe above its tier.

rex2497 #87 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 04:51

Private

• Players
  • 20338 battles
  • [-A0A-] -A0A-
all the other tier 8 can penn 225 plus i think if they took the small 120 mm from the M103 and it would fit right in at tier 8.

bobfart #88 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 04:53

Captain

• Players
  • 16318 battles
this post screams NOOB

KnightFandragon #89 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:50

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postrex2497, on Jan 31 2013 - 04:51, said:

all the other tier 8 can penn 225 plus i think if they took the small 120 mm from the M103 and it would fit right in at tier 8.

No, that would be far to much for T8.  254pen is it?  Yeah, just no.  I have and always will vote to give the T32 a 212ish pen 90mm like the DCA45. It will never happen, but I will always have that much hope for the thing.

Admiral_Karl_Donuts #90 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 14:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14359 battles

People who love the T32, generally fall into two buckets.   Someone way back when, who played before they nerfed the gun and the average pen on most guns was only 200.  Armor and pen have both increased a lot sense then.   Or, someone who has never played any other T8 hvy tanks.

Or - and stay with me here, this is a crazy theory - they are good players.

It's a smaller, faster, and more agile T29.  Awesome?  Yeah, that's the right word.  Awesome.

cmdrnarrain #91 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 18:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27660 battles
I said "generally".  It is hard for me to judge which posters are just plain awesome plyers and which are not.

KnightFandragon #92 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 19:13

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postcmdrnarrain, on Jan 31 2013 - 18:34, said:

I said "generally".  It is hard for me to judge which posters are just plain awesome plyers and which are not.

The generally good players are probably the ones who think the tanks are good.  The ones who claim the T1HT is a good tank, they are probably good player.  They took the weak tank and worked around it's weaknesses, learned the tank and have figured out how to make it work.

Midnitewolf #93 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 22:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7172 battles
Well at first I was very upset the T32 didn't get a gun upgrade over the T29 but now after about 70 battles, I realize that it doesn't need it.  I really do not have any major issues penning with the gun and am finding the the T32 is rapidly becoming my top performing tank.  I am even showing better stats than I did on my IS-3.

I think the issue with the T32 is it, like many other tanks requires quite a bit of thought to play well.  You have to very concious of the terrain and always be aware of where and how your going to be vulnerable.  Other tanks, like the IS-3 for example, are just easier to use in general because they perform well in any terrain and any situation.  They just don't require as much skill to play.

I think the best way to look at it is "learning curve"  Those tanks that generally have good performance combined with a small learning curve are generally going to stand out becuase it doesn't take much for an average player to stand out in them.  Other tanks, that have a much steeper learning curve are going to perform terribly for lower skilled players who may never understand the little details necessary to make the tank effective.  However, those that do get the details, may very well find that the tank becomes a top performer easily outclassing other tanks.

I think the T32 is a bit like the latter example, until you instinctively know how to use the terrain, great gun depression and inpenetratable turret to advantage, your going to struggle.  Also the 198mm of pen requires you to really be good at aiming and know all the weakpoints of enemies your facing.  Without this instinct and knowledge, the T32 is going to suck and there is no way to argue that.

CrabEatOff #94 Posted Jan 31 2013 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 46189 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostMidnitewolf, on Jan 31 2013 - 22:31, said:

Well at first I was very upset the T32 didn't get a gun upgrade over the T29 but now after about 70 battles, I realize that it doesn't need it.  I really do not have any major issues penning with the gun and am finding the the T32 is rapidly becoming my top performing tank.  I am even showing better stats than I did on my IS-3.

I think the issue with the T32 is it, like many other tanks requires quite a bit of thought to play well.  You have to very concious of the terrain and always be aware of where and how your going to be vulnerable.  Other tanks, like the IS-3 for example, are just easier to use in general because they perform well in any terrain and any situation.  They just don't require as much skill to play.

I think the best way to look at it is "learning curve"  Those tanks that generally have good performance combined with a small learning curve are generally going to stand out becuase it doesn't take much for an average player to stand out in them.  Other tanks, that have a much steeper learning curve are going to perform terribly for lower skilled players who may never understand the little details necessary to make the tank effective.  However, those that do get the details, may very well find that the tank becomes a top performer easily outclassing other tanks.

I think the T32 is a bit like the latter example, until you instinctively know how to use the terrain, great gun depression and inpenetratable turret to advantage, your going to struggle.  Also the 198mm of pen requires you to really be good at aiming and know all the weakpoints of enemies your facing.  Without this instinct and knowledge, the T32 is going to suck and there is no way to argue that.

you have basically figured out WoT. strong work. now that hard part is making all the tanks you play automatic and THEN freeing up your brain for tactics and higher level decision making. its a fun road.

Saxton_Hale #95 Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14804 battles

View PostKnightFandragon, on Jan 28 2013 - 20:30, said:

No, the M103 will disappoint you horribly if you even dream of adopting T32 tactics.  Hulldown doesnt work, the M103 cant brawl a loltraktor and not come away beat all to hell.  If the Durability of the T32 impresses you, dont go to the M103, its made of ammo rack, instapens, permatracks, blood from a 100 dead loaders and the empty shells of thousands of medkits and repairkits.  Oh, and the M103 disinegrates under artillery fire..

The only thing going for hte M103 is the good gun, but that is a moot point when the tank isnt alive to use it.

T32 is a better tank then the M103 in almost all regards except for straight up gun power and agility/acceleration.  T32 is faster and tougher, and all in all a more versatile tank then the m103.  M103 is a purely sniper, attempts to use it any other way, results in a burning hulk.  T32 can brawl almost any tank save for like a Maus or E100, maybe not hte IS7 or 4, but anything else, the T32 can stick its turret in your face, gun up your @$$ and fire till the matter is settled.  T32 all in all, I gotta agree with the masses, is the best US Heavy tank in the line.  It fixes the T29s faults and just makes a bad ass tank.
The M103 is not the T32 for sure. But if you're having so much trouble brawling with the M103, you're not a very good tanker. You have to realize on the M103 the turret is strong only on the frontal area - if any tank can get a shot at your cheeks on the turret then it will penetrate. Wiggling the turret as you expect to be shot from a direction is great. Also, never expose the side of your turret - it's huge and easy to pen. M103 is a speedy tank with great armor and excels at brawling. Appropriate angling and peek-a-booing with it will return great results, and then brawling when needed. M103 is easily one of, if not the best tier 9 heavy. I enjoy the T32, but the M103 is a direct upgrade in almost every sense. It just trades the small profile for a large one, and this must be compensated for (The 110E5 is basically like the T32 is to the T29 - a smaller profiled, stronger armored tank with the same gun). My M103 bounces shots regularly, so it sounds like you're using it wrong if you don't bounce shots and deal tons of damage. The gun of course is excellent being a tier 10 gun with hardly any flaws worthy of mention. When I was in a clan, I used my M103 in clan wars and regularly helped the team to victory.

badsilisk #96 Posted Feb 01 2013 - 12:20

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 10099 battles

WOT does adjust tanks, maybe they have made some adjustments to this tank.  I don’t know, but then again I have no plans to find out either.

I do see one in battle, once in a while and can confirm the following,

1.    It is still tracked very easily
2.    Once tracked, it dies soon afterwards
3.    It has been able to pen to me, but has more to do with how common gold rounds are now than anything else

Oh, am sure there are a few professional T32 driver out there, just like professional Amx40 drivers but why bother?

Get over it.  The tank is crap and needs a better gun and the tracking problem is just stupid.  You are doing a disservice to all of the noobs by saying it is a good tank.

You are bad@tanks, the T32 is the best tier 8 heavy I have played so far.

Midnitewolf #97 Posted Feb 01 2013 - 22:21

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7172 battles

View PostCrabEatOff, on Jan 31 2013 - 22:35, said:

you have basically figured out WoT. strong work. now that hard part is making all the tanks you play automatic and THEN freeing up your brain for tactics and higher level decision making. its a fun road.

This is it exactly.  The skill behind WoT is not your typical twitch skills like in most FPS game.  It is more about knowledge and instinct which is why so many people don't get the game.  It is kind of like chess where you have to think 3-4 moves ahead to be good.  Not only do you have to have basic motor skills like manuvering, aiming and firing, but you have to understand the capabilites, strengths and weaknesses of not just of your tank but all tanks plus read the terrain.  Then you have to develop an extremely high level of situational awareness to the point you know whats going on, not just in your immediate vicinity but the entire map then read the ebb and flow of a battle so you apply tactics and make higher level decisions as you put it and then combine all this into an instinct that allows you to predict what the enemy will do and where they will be.  Then you have to do all this while reacting to enemy tank trying to kill you.  Basically it is not an easy game to master and most don't even reach an amature rating.

KnightFandragon #98 Posted Feb 01 2013 - 23:33

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View PostSaxton_Hale, on Feb 01 2013 - 08:19, said:

The M103 is not the T32 for sure. But if you're having so much trouble brawling with the M103, you're not a very good tanker. You have to realize on the M103 the turret is strong only on the frontal area - if any tank can get a shot at your cheeks on the turret then it will penetrate. Wiggling the turret as you expect to be shot from a direction is great. Also, never expose the side of your turret - it's huge and easy to pen. M103 is a speedy tank with great armor and excels at brawling. Appropriate angling and peek-a-booing with it will return great results, and then brawling when needed. M103 is easily one of, if not the best tier 9 heavy. I enjoy the T32, but the M103 is a direct upgrade in almost every sense. It just trades the small profile for a large one, and this must be compensated for (The 110E5 is basically like the T32 is to the T29 - a smaller profiled, stronger armored tank with the same gun). My M103 bounces shots regularly, so it sounds like you're using it wrong if you don't bounce shots and deal tons of damage. The gun of course is excellent being a tier 10 gun with hardly any flaws worthy of mention. When I was in a clan, I used my M103 in clan wars and regularly helped the team to victory.

Yeah, ive tried wiggling, angling, juking, my M103 was being penning smack on the front with regularity.  3-5 hits and boom, dead, along with dead ammo racks and a loader or gunner pretty much every time past 7.2 patch. Once, I even got shot right smack through the front of my turret by a T29, I might have wiggled a little to far, but either way.....it was annoying for a tank that supposedly has really good front armor.  Then, on top of the juking, dodging weaving, the rate at which the m103 loses its tracks...that made it even harder to survive...I would move to brawl or support, flank or w/e and bam, tracks, bam arty, ammo rack, gunner, loader, bam, dead.....I did my best in the M103, but the M103 has to hold up under fire, which it does not.  I can only do so much with the coding under the pixels.  T32 is a much more durable tank.

I had thought about playing with it more on Test server, get back in the swing of things, if I could get over the stupid of the players.

You can see my in game M103 stats on live.  Its not that I really did horribly in it, just the dying in 3 shots most matches got annoying after awhile.  Then toss in the constant and absurd number of internal shots along with the several games where I would get 3 kills, deal in excess of 3K dmg and still lose horribly due to bad teams.....In all honesty, how my M103 has a 56% win rate still is a true miracle.  It was almost 60% at one point though.

Edited by KnightFandragon, Feb 01 2013 - 23:35.

T3nno #99 Posted Feb 05 2013 - 05:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 3332 battles
i used to thing like this, back when i started out and was a huge noob, but when i got better at this game i went back too it and man is it an awsome tank! love, the only reason people hate it is there bad and should feel bad, playing the T32 should be mandatory to weed out bad players

Lithgow303 #100 Posted Feb 09 2013 - 20:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29498 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostCrabEatOff, on Jan 31 2013 - 22:35, said:

Bingo.

The T32 is a very potent weapon in the hands of a skilled tank commander along with a few other decent support tanks.  While it can't do everything on its own, with support and knowing the strengths/weaknesses of the tank, you can do very well with it.  Its not a tank you can just jump into and rush headlong into the enemy.  While your mobility is decent, its no where near as good as a fast medium so you have to plan your route a bit more carefully.  Also, knowing the map is important so you can take advantage of the turret mantle along with using the terrain to advance on the enemy to close the range to mitigate the average accuracy of the gun, along with hopefully opening up a flank shot on your enemy.

While my win rate in the T32 isn't where I'd like it to be, its averaging 900xp and about 1850 damage per battle right now.  Definitely the best stats I have for any heavy tank and partly the reason I haven't sold it yet even though I've got a brand new M103 sitting in my garage (trying to push the crew to their second skill before I move up a tank...)

Overall I think this tank does have some very positive attributes if you know how to use them.

Also tagged with Its, ageed, after, 200, battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users