Jump to content


Why only tier IX discounts?

Dont have any unlocked

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

fire4418 #1 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:18

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10840 battles
  • 25
  • Member since:
    01-02-2012
Seems to me that the discount on tier IX vehicles while nice, will only apply to a small percentage
of players that have those tanks unlocked. Would it not make more sense to offer say a 50% discount
On all tanks? Or at least a wider tier range like say tier's 6 through 10? So more players can actually
benefit on the sale. Don't get me wrong they are giving out some nice stuff and i know that they don't
Have to give us anything at all, but seeing that i will not have any of said tanks unlocked by then the discount does me no good at all. Anyone else agree? Disagree? Probably won't make a difference anyway
but i figured I'd throw it out there.

VladimirsRevenge #2 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 9087 battles
  • 5,055
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
Simple: They want everybody to get into tanks they can't possibly afford, start using gold rounds they can't afford and wind up breaking out the VISA to pay for it all.

r4y #3 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 2766 battles
  • 2,111
  • Member since:
    08-04-2012

fire4418, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:18, said:

Seems to me that the discount on tier IX vehicles while nice, will only apply to a small percentage
of players that have those tanks unlocked. Would it not make more sense to offer say a 50% discount
On all tanks? Or at least a wider tier range like say tier's 6 through 10? So more players can actually
benefit on the sale. Don't get me wrong they are giving out some nice stuff and i know that they don't
Have to give us anything at all, but seeing that i will not have any of said tanks unlocked by then the discount does me no good at all. Anyone else agree? Disagree? Probably won't make a difference anyway
but i figured I'd throw it out there.

^this

andyraptor #4 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 31700 battles
  • 2,048
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Probably because the normal discounts are in the lower tiers .... see this weekends special.

Offering T9's has not been done before  :Smile_mellow:

Simple

Zedzded #5 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 674 battles
  • 1,069
  • Member since:
    02-23-2011
Buying a tier 8 and below doesn't really put as much stress on your credits as tiers 9&10.

If you keep up with the news, there are plenty of specials on lower-tier tanks. I bought my T-25/2 and my Pz III/IV just recently on 1/2 off specials - and many other lower-tier tanks as well.

I think it's also a great reward for those who have been around long enough to have a tier 9 (or two) researched, but not enough credits to buy yet.

bashotokoro #6 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14229 battles
  • 1,096
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
because they always do the discount on lower tier tanks

Naughtius_Maximus #7 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 20392 battles
  • 7,092
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011
Even if you don't have the ability to buy a tier 9 tank, equipment is 50% off. That is a pretty big deal, not to mention it's also fairly rare.

Turtle240 #8 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9806 battles
  • 460
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Quote

Offering T9's has not been done before
It was when the T10 meds and Tds came

VladimirsRevenge #9 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 9087 battles
  • 5,055
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
That's bull.

It's VERY clear that they've become so thirsty for money that they're pulling out all the stops to make it. They've alienated everybody that actually spent money on the game by nerfing the premiums they paid 50 bucks or more for, then nerfing their ability to make money at all, then nerfing the damage they did so they'd buy gold rounds, then upping the cost of the repairs so they again would break out the VISA to pay for it.

Rather than leave a good thing alone, they've tried like loan sharks to squeeze more and more money out of people.

You can't get blood from a turnip...and when you screw the people that paid for their tanks out of the performance of the tank they bought, they are NOT stupid enough to spend money again.

All they're doing now is a desperate act to get the people that don't have the money to spend into T9 tanks they KNOW they can't afford in a VAIN hope that they'll get so frustrated they'll break out the VISA just once. It's doomed to failure.

There's a good reason WOB and WOW haven't been released yet. It isn't because they're working out the bugs. It's because they have to find a way to make more money on this game first. If they don't, then it's not worth releasing for free.

shadowhazcookie #10 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 9568 battles
  • 5,113
  • [I404I] I404I
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

fire4418, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:18, said:

Seems to me that the discount on tier IX vehicles while nice, will only apply to a small percentage
of players that have those tanks unlocked. Would it not make more sense to offer say a 50% discount
On all tanks? Or at least a wider tier range like say tier's 6 through 10? So more players can actually
benefit on the sale. Don't get me wrong they are giving out some nice stuff and i know that they don't
Have to give us anything at all, but seeing that i will not have any of said tanks unlocked by then the discount does me no good at all. Anyone else agree? Disagree? Probably won't make a difference anyway
but i figured I'd throw it out there.

Buy anything over tier 7? Expensive as all hell.

Squeesher #11 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22608 battles
  • 71
  • [-NWO-] -NWO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

VladimirsRevenge, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:32, said:


All they're doing now is a desperate act to get the people that don't have the money to spend into T9 tanks they KNOW they can't afford in a VAIN hope that they'll get so frustrated they'll break out the VISA just once. It's doomed to failure.


I think you sorely underestimate how stupid the general populace is...

TheLeader2002 #12 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6237 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    12-29-2011
Why not discount on AMX1390 or IS-3

andyraptor #13 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 31700 battles
  • 2,048
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

VladimirsRevenge, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:32, said:

That's bull.

It's VERY clear that they've become so thirsty for money that they're pulling out all the stops to make it. They've alienated everybody that actually spent money on the game by nerfing the premiums they paid 50 bucks or more for, then nerfing their ability to make money at all, then nerfing the damage they did so they'd buy gold rounds, then upping the cost of the repairs so they again would break out the VISA to pay for it.

Rather than leave a good thing alone, they've tried like loan sharks to squeeze more and more money out of people.

You can't get blood from a turnip...and when you screw the people that paid for their tanks out of the performance of the tank they bought, they are NOT stupid enough to spend money again.

All they're doing now is a desperate act to get the people that don't have the money to spend into T9 tanks they KNOW they can't afford in a VAIN hope that they'll get so frustrated they'll break out the VISA just once. It's doomed to failure.

There's a good reason WOB and WOW haven't been released yet. It isn't because they're working out the bugs. It's because they have to find a way to make more money on this game first. If they don't, then it's not worth releasing for free.

Surely you'll benefit by this offer by being able to buy that T9 Russian TD at last?

And all this childish ranting about VISA card baloney will make you look .......... well sad really.

People will resort to plastic fanatastic .... and looking through some accounts you can see the blatant card warriors .... but really if they are'nt spending your or my money why turn it into a overt/covert conspirosy theory ?

andyraptor #14 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 31700 battles
  • 2,048
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

Turtle240, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:32, said:

It was when the T10 meds and Tds came

As a regular player ... I missed that one then and it cost me loads in Silver credits   :Smile_sad:

VladimirsRevenge #15 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 9087 battles
  • 5,055
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011
I don't have it researched yet...but already have the money for it. It doesn't concern me one bit as I've never spent a dime on the game. What does concern me is that the folks that do are getting screwed, and they are already leaving the game in droves, or have you not noticed how poor the public game play has become and how few high tier tanks are there anymore?

CynicalDutchie #16 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 09:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24809 battles
  • 1,668
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011
I want a discount on T8 vehicles, the non-premium ones.

andyraptor #17 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 10:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 31700 battles
  • 2,048
  • [BE] BE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

VladimirsRevenge, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:55, said:

I don't have it researched yet...but already have the money for it. It doesn't concern me one bit as I've never spent a dime on the game. What does concern me is that the folks that do are getting screwed, and they are already leaving the game in droves, or have you not noticed how poor the public game play has become and how few high tier tanks are there anymore?

The peak server pop has actually risen in the last 8 weeks.

Poor public game play is a whole big issue that we could debate for days.

High tier tanks.... jeez... plenty of those at T8 - 10 at any time of the day. ( I play from the UK and even with the 7K odd of accounts that have gone to the SEA cluster..... throughout the 24 hr period you can always get a battle for a T9/10 no problem)

Edited by andyraptor, Oct 27 2012 - 10:06.


Pink_Panzer86 #18 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 10:11

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26225 battles
  • 757
  • [NUGGS] NUGGS
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

VladimirsRevenge, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:32, said:

That's bull.

It's VERY clear that they've become so thirsty for money that they're pulling out all the stops to make it. They've alienated everybody that actually spent money on the game by nerfing the premiums they paid 50 bucks or more for, then nerfing their ability to make money at all, then nerfing the damage they did so they'd buy gold rounds, then upping the cost of the repairs so they again would break out the VISA to pay for it.

Rather than leave a good thing alone, they've tried like loan sharks to squeeze more and more money out of people.

You can't get blood from a turnip...and when you screw the people that paid for their tanks out of the performance of the tank they bought, they are NOT stupid enough to spend money again.

All they're doing now is a desperate act to get the people that don't have the money to spend into T9 tanks they KNOW they can't afford in a VAIN hope that they'll get so frustrated they'll break out the VISA just once. It's doomed to failure.

There's a good reason WOB and WOW haven't been released yet. It isn't because they're working out the bugs. It's because they have to find a way to make more money on this game first. If they don't, then it's not worth releasing for free.
& you see the reason why we want the neg reps back WG :Smile_glasses:
anyhow nobody twisted your arm to buy anything bub, second off i seriously doubt there are any hordes of players leaving, i get on every night & its the same 20k+ players on peak time & 8k+ off peak, be happy they're giving a discount on tier 9s coz this only the second time its happening, how do you know about them nerfing prem tanks when you said it yourself in a later post you dont own 1, yes every company has to make money in order to stay in business but as i said these "loansharks" aren't twisting your arm to get gold, & there are tons of ways to even do that, CW, tournaments, twitter quiz & all the other competitions............

thundersaver #19 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 10:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 3647 battles
  • 2,904
  • Member since:
    08-01-2011

VladimirsRevenge, on Oct 27 2012 - 09:55, said:

I don't have it researched yet...but already have the money for it. It doesn't concern me one bit as I've never spent a dime on the game. What does concern me is that the folks that do are getting screwed, and they are already leaving the game in droves, or have you not noticed how poor the public game play has become and how few high tier tanks are there anymore?

You mean the 10 thousand which transferred to sea who "left" the game? Money is indeed a business goal, but remember, if they charge higher prices, they get nothing, if they have more customers it would make them happy as they can charge lower but still make even more cash. So the question is, during certain specials, are the gaming population playing or spending in the game frequently during those periods?

WG wants customers to lower the cost of gold so that they can maximize revenue. Even the recent purchase of Bigworld engine license cost them millions, they obviously have to either pay back some capital they borrowed, or possibly they have to earn more profits so that they can pay their workers. They possibly even have to make more money for the company to survive.

If you think folks are getting screwed one by one, than look at the bigger picture. What happens when the whole World of tanks, or World of Series all closes down. Who gets screwed in the end? So many people, even more than it is now. All the consumers who invested their time, money, companies who lend money to WG, thousands, maybe even millions in loans or overdrafts, Maybe even shareholders if this company is a private limited one, what happens to their stocks. The owners will be the most screwed where all their money vanishes, do they declare bankrupt or start again from scratch?

Nothing in life is simple for everyone.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #20 Posted Oct 27 2012 - 10:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 6191 battles
  • 2,299
  • [LONER] LONER
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012
I think that a wider range of ingame discounts would have been better as it would have targeted a larger % or players.  There are a lot of tanks that very rarely ever go on 50% off and they could have selected those tanks.