• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Grimmblut #61 Posted Mar 18 2011 - 14:00

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBodhiWanKenobi, on Nov 16 2010 - 17:42, said:

Naming and order of sounds
Your new sounds needs to have the same name as the sounds you are replacing. They also need to be placed in the same order in the sound bank, or they will play back at the wrong time, i.e. Leopard getting the Tiger gun sound and so forth, or not play back at all. To figure out the order of the sounds you will need to audition the original sound bank and take notes of which sounds are played from first to last. This is the tedious part of making your own sound mods, lol. I will post lists of the correct order here whenever I mod a sound bank.

Hi Bodhi,

let me thank you first for the work you've put into this. I've spent some time on this issue, too. I have some experience in sound design and I own some basic hardware like a large-diaphragm microfon with which I actually planned to create some german voice outputs.

As you know, the ingame_voice.fsb file contains 470 sound files. I don't think that anyone of us can be honestly asked to synthesize a new FMOD design file by listening to the order of the sound files in the ingame_voice.fsb using MusicPlayerEx. We need the original FMOD design file (.fdp) from the developers. Maybe someone can ask them to release it in the WoT-Wiki. It's supposed to be just a few kB large and contains all the info we need, including the correct order of the files.

Cheers,
Grimmblut

Recca9999 #62 Posted Mar 24 2011 - 04:59

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 3126 battles
  • [GVN2] GVN2
Hi guys, i tried to extract the ingame_voice.fsb, and received 470 files, following to MrKenobiwan said: "For anyone trying to edit the ingame_voice.fsb, it seems that after the latest 0.6.2.7 patch the files can no longer be extracted without artifacts" But i don't think that is the artifacts, that is the actually voice of the crew with the different tone in the different cases. I tried to listen them with the EkszBox-ABX v2.0 and that is it.
So if someone (like me) want to mod the game's voice to their own mother language then you must record about 470 voice file (cause we have some silence files) or you can use 1 tone for a case as: We destroyed an enemy for every cases.
Anyone have same opinion?

heugan #63 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 2 battles
i extracted all teh audio banks, but i can only play the ones from MUSIC - none of the other banks will play :( can anyone help?

edit: i got it working but all i hear is crackeling noises- convert to MP3 from the WAV and it works :D then back to WAV and into FSB

edit 2: the MUSIC is a .fsb and that one works - the VEHICLES is a .fev and that does NOT work

HAOS_AKELLA #64 Posted May 29 2011 - 15:56

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
After extracting most of files sounds like random noise and very few of them are really usable =( Converting those .wav's into .mp3 also gives me the same random noise, but playable with any player  :) . Where da hell I'm doin' wrong? I actually need 'weapons' and 'vehicles' files extracted and ready to use, but I just can't make them sound like weapons and vehicles, only like some starship on start :D  Can u give me a piece of advice how can I get those stuff work? Thanks in advance  :Smile_honoring:

PS: srry about my english. Russian server says "hello"  :rolleyes:

VonKrieg #65 Posted Jul 08 2011 - 04:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15900 battles
hmmmm

I may have to dust off Goldwave and do a sound mod.

*cracks knuckles*

Varrakk #66 Posted Jul 08 2011 - 11:25

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11760 battles
  • [ATLAS] ATLAS
Arnold would be best with his Austrian accent.
And when your tank is destroyed, he will say I'll be back

ramp4ge #67 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 03:02

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles
So has anyone had any luck moding voices? I'm still trying and still getting nowhere. Whenever I repackage an fsb file, I get no voices ingame at all..

ramp4ge #68 Posted Jul 10 2011 - 21:46

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles
I found the problem. I don't know how to fix it yet but I found the problem.

When FMOD packages the files, it packages them as "start_battle_01.file" instead of "start_battle_01.wav", for example. I have no clue how to fix this but I'm going to keep trying, now that I know what the problem is.

ramp4ge #69 Posted Jul 11 2011 - 01:53

Major

• Special Beta Testers
  • 333 battles
Bit of an update.

This new version of fsbextract can extract the FSBs (Including ingame_voices.fsb) without artifacts. Awesome.

When it recompiles the FSB, tho, artifacts are back.

And FMOD still removes the .wav extension from my files so that's still a no-go.

I'm lost.

Grafh #70 Posted Jul 15 2011 - 04:15

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3741 battles
Hoping you can help out Bodhi.

I extracted the ambient.fsb but when placing the files into FMOD, the premFX_test_04 and Tiger_burn_00 are corrupt. I extracted the fsb a few times and no go. It's not a super big deal, but if you have those to files working could you upload them for me, or let me know what I sould do.

Also, very nice tut, I was hoping to chance the garage sounds and this works great.

aznnoodle727 #71 Posted Jul 20 2011 - 01:59

Captain

• Players
  • 6669 battles
If it helps any, my modded ingame_voice.fsb file only works in FMOD Event Player, but the voices are all jambled up, i.e. they're saying the ammo rack is hit when they're supposed to say it bounced off. Everything was put in the right order prior to this.

Nayr #72 Posted Jul 24 2011 - 13:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 4869 battles

View PostKameho, on Nov 16 2010 - 19:34, said:

You know what would be hilarius? Replacing the motorsound with a person mimicing motorsounds. hahaha. replacing all sounds for that. i would rofl so hard.

Someone should make up a Crazy Frog Sound Track for the game files http://forum.worldof.../Smile_harp.gif
http://forum.worldof..._teethhappy.gif

ir0nfist #73 Posted Jul 25 2011 - 01:41

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 5765 battles
I have the same issue with ingame_voice.fsb.  I tried to increase volume on a certain set and when I repackage it, it simply doesn't play anything.  No idea what to do about it though.

DDank_HunteR #74 Posted Aug 01 2011 - 12:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 6249 battles
hey i read your article before making a vrew voice pack. It really helped me but it didn't work for me properly. can you check mine? :)

bogoe #75 Posted Feb 22 2012 - 23:55

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I'm here to see the topic that you have placed here on how to change voices in the game, as I do not understand any English and I am a 0 to the left in English, I wonder if you could you not put me or indicate an al link a video that explains how and change the audio files from the World of Tanks, or if you could do me a video to explain this, so I can change the voices of the game into Portuguese, if I be able to help me thank a lot your help.

or if someone there has a video explaining how to move the files I would appreciate.

I am awaiting a response.

a hug
Bogoe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users