Tutorial: How To Make Your Own Tank Sounds In Wot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

FryaDuck #41 Posted Jan 06 2011 - 21:58

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10974 battles

View Postrolly, on Jan 03 2011 - 17:39, said:

Hey awesome video!  Though did they actually use full charge?  I'm thinking probably not since 88mm replacement barrels are not easy to come by.

They are blanks using black powder which are not representative of propellant used in live ammunition. Having served on several different artillery pieces using both live and blank ammo I can advise that they don't sound the same. Those samples also are affected by wind and the source should be 5m away from the mic, standard testing parameters. This doesn't mean they are any worse than the samples in the game which are terrible at best.

whitew0lf #42 Posted Jan 06 2011 - 22:18

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have it all in .wave , but it´s the same shit^^

Build started  0: (3_sec_silence.wav) [processing]

ERROR: Subsound 0 (3_sec_silence.wav) failed: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

2: (hangar_test_music_longer.wav) [processing]

3: (Ambient_1_garaz.wav) [processing]

1: (8_sec_silence.wav) [processing]

ERROR: Subsound 2 (hangar_test_music_longer.wav) failed: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

ERROR: Subsound 1 (8_sec_silence.wav) failed: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

ERROR: Subsound 3 (Ambient_1_garaz.wav) failed: Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

ERROR:

Build failed: C:/Users/Andi/Documents/FMOD SoundBank Generator/Bank/music.fsb

Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

BodhiWanKenobi #43 Posted Jan 06 2011 - 23:11

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postwhitew0lf, on Jan 06 2011 - 22:18, said:

Build failed: C:/Users/Andi/Documents/FMOD SoundBank Generator/Bank/music.fsb
Internal error from FMOD sub-system.

It could be a number of things. If for example your music tracks are too long, like a couple of minutes, FMOD will get an error. If you run other applications while building the bank FMOD might get an error. You might also run into memory problems with FMOD, although I don't know a fix for those. You might also get errors with odd sample rate files or any odd format files. I've found 16-bit 44.1 kHz WAV files to be the most reliable for building banks. You might wanna check out the FMOD forums as well http://www.fmod.org/forum/

BodhiWanKenobi #44 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 00:12

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Note: For anyone trying to edit the ingame_voice.fsb, it seems that after the latest 0.6.2.7 patch the files can no longer be extracted without artifacts, neither with FSBextract of Musicplayer EX. (The other banks seems to work though).

Colditz #45 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 01:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
hey Bodhi, do you know the correct order of the weapons.fsb ? :)  *hint hint*  :o

BodhiWanKenobi #46 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 01:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostColditz, on Jan 07 2011 - 01:02, said:

hey Bodhi, do you know the correct order of the weapons.fsb ? :)  *hint hint*  :o

Sorry mate, never got around to working on my weapons mod. But if you use Musicplayer EX to extract the sounds to WAV, you will get them extracted in the right order. Although you get a generic naming, it's pretty easy to figure out which sounds belongs to what. You don't have to rename them to build the bank, as long as you put them back in the same order it should work.

Colditz #47 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 01:24

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBodhiWanKenobi, on Jan 07 2011 - 01:21, said:

Sorry mate, never got around to working on my weapons mod. But if you use Musicplayer EX to extract the sounds to WAV, you will get them extracted in the right order. Although you get a generic naming, it's pretty easy to figure out which sounds belongs to what. You don't have to rename them to build the bank, as long as you put them back in the same order it should work.
I'll give that a try ;)  Have some nice recordings of a live firing range.  :Smile_honoring:

BodhiWanKenobi #48 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 01:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hopefully, by release time, the developers have decided to raise the sound quality of the game sounds way above the currently very low bit- and sample rate so that we don't have to put all this effort into modding...  *wink wink*  :Smile-bajan2:

Samurai2_de #49 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 19:28

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
You can still listen to the files from ingame_voice.fsb, you only need a little trick:
1. open the wav file with a hexeditor like Hex-Editor MX,
2. edit line 2 of the file where you find "69" into "11",
3. save the file.

Now you can listen the files again using VLC Media Player.

And tomorrow, I'll try to edit the sound files to german speech.  :)

whitew0lf #50 Posted Jan 07 2011 - 21:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSamurai2_de, on Jan 07 2011 - 19:28, said:

You can still listen to the files from ingame_voice.fsb, you only need a little trick:
1. open the wav file with a hexeditor like Hex-Editor MX,
2. edit line 2 of the file where you find "69" into "11",
3. save the file.

Now you can listen the files again using VLC Media Player.

And tomorrow, I'll try to edit the sound files to german speech.  :)

Das wär Geil :D / That would be great ;)

Samurai2_de #51 Posted Jan 08 2011 - 16:56

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Does anyone know a free soundfilter that makes the speech sound like a radio message?

_DC_ #52 Posted Jan 11 2011 - 19:36

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Can anyone confirm that tha vehicles.fsb still is modable? When I play the fsb file in musicplayerex its all ok but when i extract it wih FSb extract and try to play the seperate files in musicplayerex I get "artifacts"

I replaced the Tiger idle sound, tried to sort the list(probably wrong) and created an fsb file. but when starting a game, the whole game just lags, ping of 999.

So the walkthrough so I am doing it right:
1) extract the fsb file with fsb extract.
2) Replace the sound you want the replace with the same name.(mp3 or wav)
3) Sort the list: Put original fsb file in the musicplayerex and try to put your files in the right order by listening.
4) put the sorted list in FMOD and press hammer button. Same fsb name as original fsb file.
5) copy and override new fsb file into the game.
6) play and test.

that somewhat right?

BodhiWanKenobi #53 Posted Jan 12 2011 - 03:33

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSamurai2_de, on Jan 08 2011 - 16:56, said:

Does anyone know a free soundfilter that makes the speech sound like a radio message?

There are a number of ways to do that. The easiest one is to set an EQ with a high pass filter cutting everything below 600 Hz, a low pass filter cutting everything above 3 kHz or to your taste, and then boost with a narrow Q at around 1 kHz and 2 kHz. You can also check at http://www.kvraudio.com/ and do a search for any plugin effects emulating a radio sound, but then you need a host audio editor for the AU, VST or RTAS plugin, like ProTools, Logic, Wavelab and similar.

BodhiWanKenobi #54 Posted Jan 12 2011 - 03:34

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Post_DC_, on Jan 11 2011 - 19:36, said:

Can anyone confirm that tha vehicles.fsb still is modable? When I play the fsb file in musicplayerex its all ok but when i extract it wih FSb extract and try to play the seperate files in musicplayerex I get "artifacts"

I replaced the Tiger idle sound, tried to sort the list(probably wrong) and created an fsb file. but when starting a game, the whole game just lags, ping of 999.

So the walkthrough so I am doing it right:
1) extract the fsb file with fsb extract.
2) Replace the sound you want the replace with the same name.(mp3 or wav)
3) Sort the list: Put original fsb file in the musicplayerex and try to put your files in the right order by listening.
4) put the sorted list in FMOD and press hammer button. Same fsb name as original fsb file.
5) copy and override new fsb file into the game.
6) play and test.

that somewhat right?

You're doing it right mate, it seems the vehicles.fsb has become "unmodable" as well since the latest patch. I've tried extracting it with both FSBextract and MusicPlayer EX, and both produces files with conversion artifacts.

I guess from hereon we need to find another tool for extracting the files from some of the FSB's. I'm not doing any modding myself anymore, but if I get around to doing some more I will investigate if there's another way to convert.

Cheers

D2_WON #55 Posted Jan 15 2011 - 14:43

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBodhiWanKenobi, on Nov 16 2010 - 17:42, said:

Note: For anyone trying to edit the ingame_voice.fsb, it seems that after the latest 0.6.2.7 patch the files can no longer be extracted without artifacts, neither with FSBextract of Musicplayer EX. (The other banks seems to work though).

Is There an extractor without artefact for ingame_voice.fsb?

_DC_ #56 Posted Jan 15 2011 - 21:43

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
patch v.0.6..3.0:
- Reassembled audio output libraries.

This means artifacts repaired?

BodhiWanKenobi #57 Posted Jan 17 2011 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostD2_WON, on Jan 15 2011 - 14:43, said:

Is There an extractor without artefact for ingame_voice.fsb?

I'm afraid not, as far as I know. Time permitting I'll look into that.

View Post_DC_, on Jan 15 2011 - 21:43, said:

patch v.0.6..3.0:
- Reassembled audio output libraries.

This means artifacts repaired?

The artifacts are due to a change in the audio format being used that the current software (that I know of) for extracting can not handle. Although reassembling the libraries could mean that another format will be used, the info is too short to tell.

ALI_Project #58 Posted Jan 20 2011 - 10:07

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
One creepy thing in editing ingame_voice.fsb is that FSBExtract truncates file names to 30 chars. So instead of "damage_by_near_explosion_by_player_01.wav" you get "damage_by_near_explosion_by_pl_1.wav" and it, of course, affects the result.
By the way, does anyone want an ingame_voice.fsb pack from the russian version? Since I'm from Ukraine, mostly I play the game on russian server and of course I do have a localised client.

DoctorJones #59 Posted Jan 21 2011 - 04:15

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3409 battles
  • [CSYNE] CSYNE
TF2 Heavy Sound Mod please! xD

Marseille #60 Posted Jan 23 2011 - 08:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11036 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostBodhiKenobiWan, on Jan 21 2011 - 07:44, said:

Note: Since the server split I won't be able to monitor this thread on the North American forums. Had to create a new account just to be able to view it, and login in to the NA forums while usually visiting the EU ones is a bit of a mess.

To be honest I don't see the point in splitting the forums along with the servers... especially when old threads like this get copied to NA/EU without the posters being able to follow up their threads. But maybe that's just me.

Anyhoo, happy modding all, see you on the flipside  :Smile_honoring:

BodhiWanKenobi

B-b-b-but you can still log in with your regular account in BOTH forums! I did it with mine.

Right now I wanna see if I can do an Earth Defense Force voice mod. Problem is getting the voices in the first place!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users