Which crew skills for T30 driver?

crew skill T30 T110E4 TD destroyer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Poll: What skills should I pick for T30 driver (soon to be T110E4) (21 members have cast votes)

I already have BIA and Repair, which skills should I go for next.

1. Camouflage (8 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

2. Firefighting (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Controlled Impact (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Off-Road Driving (9 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

5. Smooth Ride (4 votes [12.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.12%

6. Preventative Maintenance (1 vote [3.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.03%

7. Clutch Braking (11 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Hide poll

drewts86 #1 Posted Oct 28 2012 - 05:28

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 10654 battles
Okay, so I've already got my crew trained in Repair and Brothers-In-Arms; now I'm trying to figure out which skills I should go for next.

The tank is too slow for ramming, so Controlled Impact is more or less out of the picture.

This is a tank you're not often firing on the move from, so that eliminates Smooth Ride.

This tank rarely catches fire on me, so there goes Firefighting and Preventative Maintenance.

In summary, the 3 options I'm really looking at are Camouflage, Clutch Braking and Off-Road Driving.

How effective is camouflage on the T30? This has one of the worst profiles of any TD and has serious trouble hiding behind large buildings, let alone trees and bushes.

Clutch Braking would almost be nice to just help this behemoth turn the tank while simultaneously rotating the turret to line up the gun on a close quarters attacker (light/med tank)

Off-Road Driving would obviously get me across rough ground faster, and since this tank is so slow that just might be nice.

Iwantpie #2 Posted Oct 28 2012 - 15:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 8130 battles
Just keep in mind that the third skill takes forever to train.  With that in mind Camouflage is almost required for TDs, not sure why you choose repair instead.

SteelReign #3 Posted Oct 28 2012 - 16:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
6th sense for 1st commander skill, usually have it for all TD commanders. Then rest camo.
2nd skill I make brothers in arms, then 3rd skills I go for the little bonus ones like clutch braking and deadeye, etc.

a_Friendly #4 Posted Oct 28 2012 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 18819 battles
  • [NTR] NTR
Smooth Ride is good for peekaboo.

Cast_Iron #5 Posted Nov 04 2012 - 04:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 11174 battles
Please ignore

Edited by Cast_Iron, Nov 04 2012 - 05:44.

packet_loss #6 Posted Nov 05 2012 - 18:43

Captain

• Players
  • 8925 battles
You already have BIA... 6th sense is a must imo, even before BIA.  Not because it allows you to camp and snipe without worrying about arty retribution but because it lets you move to forward positions and know whether or not the enemy team knows of your presence.  This allows you to catch tanks off guard and get free side shots.

I'd save mechanic and camo for last or in place of skill options that have very little bonus (like the radio man skills).
Snapshot is a good skill for hopefully obvious reasons.
Anything to improve mobility is good - clutch breaking and off-road driving.  Get off-road driving first as it will improve hull traverse on bad terrain as well.

Camo is nice to have, but the T30's camo is not very good and the T30 does not really play well as a traditional TD especially with its crappy accuracy.
People are afraid of the alpha, use that to your advantage.  The T30 is very good at making tanks back off and finishing off tanks with less than 800hp left.
The T30 is especially good as a flanking heavy.  Not because you need to shoot at sides but because when you hit someone in the side for 750+ damage they will change position and it takes pressure off your teammates who are likely facing them head on.

If you focus on camo and you're playing the T30 like a sniper who hides in the back, then you're wasting the potential of this tank.

Ryacck #7 Posted Nov 24 2012 - 16:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16013 battles
  • [BR4WL] BR4WL
if its got a bad gun,how far can you snipe?

bubba105 #8 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 00:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 10971 battles

View Postpacket_loss, on Nov 05 2012 - 18:43, said:

You already have BIA... 6th sense is a must imo, even before BIA.  Not because it allows you to camp and snipe without worrying about arty retribution but because it lets you move to forward positions and know whether or not the enemy team knows of your presence.  This allows you to catch tanks off guard and get free side shots.

I'd save mechanic and camo for last or in place of skill options that have very little bonus (like the radio man skills).
Snapshot is a good skill for hopefully obvious reasons.
Anything to improve mobility is good - clutch breaking and off-road driving.  Get off-road driving first as it will improve hull traverse on bad terrain as well.

Camo is nice to have, but the T30's camo is not very good and the T30 does not really play well as a traditional TD especially with its crappy accuracy.
People are afraid of the alpha, use that to your advantage.  The T30 is very good at making tanks back off and finishing off tanks with less than 800hp left.
The T30 is especially good as a flanking heavy.  Not because you need to shoot at sides but because when you hit someone in the side for 750+ damage they will change position and it takes pressure off your teammates who are likely facing them head on.

If you focus on camo and you're playing the T30 like a sniper who hides in the back, then you're wasting the potential of this tank.

Based on your skill recommendations, I'm thinking rammer/gld/vents for equipment.  Is there any value using bino/camo net here?

SteelReign #9 Posted Jan 06 2013 - 03:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11848 battles

View Postbubba105, on Jan 06 2013 - 00:57, said:

Is there any value using bino/camo net here?
I wouldn't, but thats just me. I like to play my turreted TD"s as 2nd line support tanks.

Edited by SteelReign, Jan 06 2013 - 03:31.

IanSanJr #10 Posted Jan 18 2013 - 14:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34330 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
lol

T30 no need camouflage it useless skills, u are moving to enemy base without stop

for me
to use T30

=first skill for driver
  off-road driving
    for increases speed in terrain resistance ( sometimes like mud-river-water-sand it can be hard to rotate tank )
=second
  cluth braking
    make drive fast to rotate tank, if combine with BIA as result very fast to rotate tank
=third
   preventative Maintenance
     u will never mad at urself about forgeting to bring fire extinguisher, this only for engine.
     also reduce chance prevent engine fire