How to add crew to a tank

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Loose_Stools #1 Posted Oct 29 2012 - 21:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 19575 battles
  • [AGOGE] AGOGE
OK, I admit it. I'm one of those guys who plays the game but doesn't understand much of the background stuff like finances, experience points, etc.

I did accumulate enough points to upgrade my T-34 to the T-34-85. But when I added the tank I didn't add the crew and now I don't know how to get guys from the barracks into my tank. And I can I use Germans and Americans?

Thanks.

paradat #2 Posted Oct 29 2012 - 21:56

Major

• Players
  • 28493 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
In the garage click on the empty crew spots to recruit crew. It will pull up crew you may have in the barracks as well.

Skpstr #3 Posted Oct 29 2012 - 21:57

Major

• Players
  • 12922 battles
No worries.

Select the T-34/85 in your garage, and click a crew position at the left of the screen. You will have the choice to recruit a new crewmember.

If you sold the T-34 but kept the crew, they will also appear as an option, but should be retrained.

If you still have the T-34 and want to use its crew, bring up that tank, right-click on a crewmember, and select "send to barracks"

You can only use crew from the same country as the tank.

THEassassin42 #4 Posted Oct 29 2012 - 22:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 8929 battles
Really man. you had to start a thread even though you could find this info in about 30 sec on the newbie guide (newcomers guide) or the wiki here you are obviously gonna need it again.
Newbie Guide:  http://worldoftanks.com/game/guide/en/newcomers-guide/newcomers-guide
WoT Wiki: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com

Loose_Stools #5 Posted Oct 29 2012 - 23:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 19575 battles
  • [AGOGE] AGOGE

View PostTHEassassin42, on Oct 29 2012 - 22:03, said:

Really man. you had to start a thread even though you could find this info in about 30 sec on the newbie guide (newcomers guide) or the wiki here you are obviously gonna need it again.
Newbie Guide:  http://worldoftanks.com/game/guide/en/newcomers-guide/newcomers-guide
WoT Wiki: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com
Yes, I really did. There is a lot of different pages with information on them.

Zakume #6 Posted Oct 30 2012 - 00:40

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 25469 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Skpstr got it right, also the wiki and you can train a new crew by doing what paradat said.

Lil off topic, but I keep wondering why so many newcomers don't research how to play a game before they play it. Not mad or anything, in fact I enjoy helping new people, but I always find it odd that one of these threads pops up a few times a week whether it's on how to buy a tank, research it, crews, etc. The way I go about playing a game is researching videos, guides, websites, booklets in the old days, etc. before I even touch the game or download it to see what is the path I want to take, or what is the most optimal path, or what have you. I'm guessing something has changed over the years, or maybe I'm getting exposed to more people on the internet, but from the SNES, Gameboy, PS2 everything in between and then to online games, that is how I and everyone I knew approached games. O.o

Patonb #7 Posted Oct 30 2012 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 18990 battles
Probably with most first person shooters you don't have this intricate background stuff going on.  Its Press battle and go.

But here, you have a lot morebehind the scenes, like load ammo.... Never forget that, else your m6 becomes a ramming scout!

Zakume #8 Posted Oct 30 2012 - 17:05

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 25469 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostPatonb, on Oct 30 2012 - 15:51, said:

Probably with most first person shooters you don't have this intricate background stuff going on.  Its Press battle and go.

But here, you have a lot morebehind the scenes, like load ammo.... Never forget that, else your m6 becomes a ramming scout!

Could be. Haven't played any of the modern B2P FPS games, but only free FPS like Warrock, AvA, SA, and BL:R. Even for those FPS games however I found myself reading the forums for which guns were good, what loadout was helpful, secret areas on maps, useful tips, etc. I wonder if those B2P FPS are completely played without any research...seems like the gameplay would be kinda stale if it were like that, wonder what drives everyone to play them. All of these newcomers can't be coming from those FPS games though, or could they? o.O