Desktop crashes on map sand river

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

NukinFuts #21 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 14:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25161 battles
  • [-TXT-] -TXT-

View Postmisscleo, on Nov 09 2012 - 00:29, said:

You're going to keep going in circles if you don't post the data I asked for, but GL bud.

EOFErrors and UnpicklingError have nothing to do with why the game crashed, if you see "unhandled (exception, error, etc.)", that would be an indication of why the game crashed. Because it's not logged in the python file, the cause of your crashes is unlikely to be WoT itself.

thanks for reply, i do not see any unhandled exception error's in the python log, only the one i have listed , i just find it really weird that the only 2 maps that crash me happen to be in the same spots where i crash each time, so i have learned to avoid those 2 area's on sand river and karelia and thus far all is ok.

EDIT: I have found the error report from my windows 7 as follows .....

Faulting Application Path: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\worldoftanks.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: worldoftanks.exe
Application Version: 0.8.0.0
Application Timestamp: 505b52ff
Fault Module Name: worldoftanks.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.8.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 505b52ff
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00543a23
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

i did try to use look for solution online but it said none was available.

Edited by NukinFuts, Nov 10 2012 - 14:18.

misscleo #22 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 21:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19807 battles
Late to be asking this, but do you have any mods installed? If so remove them and try playing those maps.

I still don't think the game files are the problem but just to be sure, try this:

Navigate to C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res\packages
Find 01_karelia.pkg and 28_desert.pkg, move them outside the res folder to some other location like your desktop.
Run the -integrity switch on your launcher again so it will download those packages.
Play the game. If it doesn't work, try downloading the whole client. Use the free version of Revouninstaller to uninstall World of Tanks, then do a fresh install. Don't use any mods, just try playing those two maps, in a training battle if you have to.

Also do all the following in the meantime, maybe I can find some specific solution for you:

Download and install either 7zip or winrar if you don't have a similar program already.

Go here and download screen317's Security Check. When it finishes downloading, run it and then follow in the onscreen instructions. When finished, a notepad document will open, copy all the text and paste it directly into a post on the forums.

Unplug your Ethernet cord or disable your network adapter temporarily to hide your IP. Press Windows key + R to bring up the run dialog, type msinfo32 and hit enter. Go to File -> Save... and save the NFO file to your desktop.

Navigate to the following folder: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue If you cannot find that folder, let me know.
You should see a bunch of folders with funny names, select them all and add them to an archive using 7zip or winrar.
Also include in that archive the NFO you created earlier.

Go to mediafire or some other host, and upload that archive, then post the link here.

If you don't understand any of that or need some help with something let me know. If you don't want to do any of that, the other option is to google c0000005 and look at some other suggestions listed. There's literally a million reasons why an access violation can happen and it's very hard to troubleshoot this stuff.

NukinFuts #23 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 01:54

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 25161 battles
  • [-TXT-] -TXT-
I have no mods installed or have ever used them as im really not good with that kind of thing, to be honest im really computer illiterate just finding the simplest of info is difficult for me, bit of an oldy here so i guess i will just put up with it for the meantime and avoid those 2 areas on sand river and karelia .

May i also thank you for your time and effort in trying to help me resolve this isue, your help is very much appreciated. thank you.

rondahustla #24 Posted Dec 03 2012 - 14:19

Private

• Players
  • 10308 battles

View PostNukinFuts, on Nov 07 2012 - 16:26, said:

Since 8.1 update i now get the same thing happen on Karelia map, from south end going into valley and boom desktop crash, come back to find a smouldering wreck by the rocks, strange as now sand river since the 8.1 update has no longer crashed me to desktop as yet. will update if it does.

Same problem here. That really sucks, especially if you Top Tier and the Team needs you. Hope 8.2 will fix that.

Edited by rondahustla, Dec 03 2012 - 14:20.