Jump to content


Installing updates is always a problem.


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

kungfubear #1 Posted Nov 01 2012 - 18:47

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16931 battles
  • 26
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012
It seems that every update for WoT the update does not install properly. I always need to finagle something in order to get it to work. Is any one else having this issue? Why is this happening? This last update 8.1, "critical error. failed to obtain the list of updates. the application can not continue. for details, see log file."

they lost me at log file.

rtp099 #2 Posted Nov 01 2012 - 19:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 6977 battles
  • 5,604
  • [STAND] STAND
  • Member since:
    09-19-2011
I had an issue earlier today, and I downloaded the patch and installed it directly. You can download it here:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/update

roflcopterdown #3 Posted Nov 01 2012 - 19:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22049 battles
  • 174
  • [SM0KE] SM0KE
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
Sorry bro, I can honestly say I have never had a single issue with any patch in this game. Bad luck I guess.

SuperCowWet #4 Posted Nov 02 2012 - 03:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16641 battles
  • 16
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012
Me too I always have problem for the patch. Automatic downloader never worked. Always had to manually download it, sometimes directly, sometimes from torrent file and in the end almost always had to download the entire updated game, no patching. As we speak, I had to reinstall 8.0 version 4 times already, trying to patch if from various sources, and it never work. First time, the patch kept installing in loop (automatic download), second and third time patch freeze at 80% (from manual update) and fourth time using "WoT_internet_install_us.exe" but it will be takin over 12 hours to download.

Really frustrating.

5O_Shades_of_Steel #5 Posted Nov 02 2012 - 10:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14485 battles
  • 387
  • [RABIT] RABIT
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011
If you're overclocking your CPU, be sure to set it back to stock settings while running the launcher. I had launcher update problems while overclocking in WOWP Beta and this for some reason didn't allow me to finish the update without errors. WOT ran fine until this last update. I started getting the same error while trying to update WOT so I reverted back to stock settings and this solved my problem.

Once installed go back to overclocking your CPU as you see fit.

Edited by Silverturtle, Nov 02 2012 - 10:13.


TEXASRAIDER #6 Posted Nov 02 2012 - 22:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12573 battles
  • 15
  • [B-A-R] B-A-R
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011
after resart password didnt work an go mess   login rejedted no baseapp response total reinstall sme thing changed password several times all most work just say invalid pass or email. all been same for over year

TEXASRAIDER #7 Posted Nov 02 2012 - 22:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12573 battles
  • 15
  • [B-A-R] B-A-R
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011
whats login rejected no base app response been playing over year

rjww #8 Posted Jan 23 2013 - 16:41

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 7304 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    04-13-2012
FUUUUUUUU, i'm trying to download a minor update, but half way through downloading the update, my whole computer crashes and i get the blue screen of death!!!!!!1

alx52590 #9 Posted Jan 25 2013 - 16:45

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2610 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View Postkungfubear, on Nov 01 2012 - 18:47, said:

It seems that every update for WoT the update does not install properly. I always need to finagle something in order to get it to work. Is any one else having this issue? Why is this happening? This last update 8.1, "critical error. failed to obtain the list of updates. the application can not continue. for details, see log file."
they lost me at log file.
the log file is, by default, located at C:\Games\World_of_Tanks in your directory. It's called WOTLauncher.txt
I have the same problem, including it trying to download the entire game. After talking to someone who had a working version of the game, i tried slapping the update files that he had into my updates folder to see if that fix the problem, and it almost worked (reached ~70% completion, further than i got before). So the following updates are all in my updates folder:
wot_81.141_launcher.patch (everyone should have this one regardless of updating or not, it's the same for everyone.)
wot_81.1667_80.1506_client.patch (obtained from other player)
wot_82.1991_81.1667_client.patch (obtained from other player)
wot_83.2112_client.patch
wot_83.2113_82.1991_client.patch (obtained from other player)
wot_83.2113_83.2112_client.patch
wot_83.229575_content_en.patch (everyone should have this one regardless of updating or not, it's the same for everyone.)
The two without comments are the files that want to patch the entire game, however, according to my log file, i have repeatedly had issues with corruption in the second of the two files.

Quote

25/01/2013 10:18:29  ERROR: pkg file(id = 2): what="extract file error", msg="name="C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\Updates\wot_83.2113_83.2112_client.patch" file="res\packages\34_redshire.pkg" to="C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\wargaming.net\wot\temp\wot_83.2113_83.2112_client.patch""
25/01/2013 10:18:29  ERROR: pkg file(id = 2): FAIL
25/01/2013 10:18:29  ERROR: Patch installation: FAIL

I'm also reporting this directly to the game makers as having numerous corrupt files in one of your updates is terrible. The game works fine if you already have the game installed since 8.0, but you can't download that version any more and the new version is defective.

xxtaylorxx #10 Posted Jan 25 2013 - 16:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2300 battles
  • 1,390
  • [GUNDP] GUNDP
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011
What are you all doing that I'm not?

I've never had an issue with WoT installing or updating or patching. And I have a lot of mods, skins, xvm, minimap doohicky things on top of everything else O.o

alx52590 #11 Posted Jan 25 2013 - 23:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2610 battles
  • 33
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View Postxxtaylorxx, on Jan 25 2013 - 16:48, said:

What are you all doing that I'm not?

I've never had an issue with WoT installing or updating or patching. And I have a lot of mods, skins, xvm, minimap doohicky things on top of everything else O.o
I think at some point more recently, the patch that they gave for new players to download that players who already have the game don't have to download, was corrupted and they aren't bothering to fix it is how i see it. I did originally install it and let it update and the initial update failed because of a corrupted file. It's my persistency that causes me to continue to hammer away and find where the corrupted files are cause, ya know, i wanna get this stupid thing to run.

Too bad it seems the mods don't check their own forums... or reply to tickets...

I half wanna dare someone with a working game to make a back up of it and then uninstall it and try a fresh install. See if i'm right on my theory.

biggie559 #12 Posted Feb 22 2013 - 18:30

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-20-2013

View PostMissJessicaRabbit, on Nov 02 2012 - 10:01, said:

If you're overclocking your CPU, be sure to set it back to stock settings while running the launcher. I had launcher update problems while overclocking in WOWP Beta and this for some reason didn't allow me to finish the update without errors. WOT ran fine until this last update. I started getting the same error while trying to update WOT so I reverted back to stock settings and this solved my problem.

Once installed go back to overclocking your CPU as you see fit.
what is overclocking & how do i access that menu?

biggie559 #13 Posted Feb 22 2013 - 18:33

    Private

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    02-20-2013

View Postalx52590, on Jan 25 2013 - 16:45, said:

the log file is, by default, located at C:\Games\World_of_Tanks in your directory. It's called WOTLauncher.txt
I have the same problem, including it trying to download the entire game. After talking to someone who had a working version of the game, i tried slapping the update files that he had into my updates folder to see if that fix the problem, and it almost worked (reached ~70% completion, further than i got before). So the following updates are all in my updates folder:
wot_81.141_launcher.patch (everyone should have this one regardless of updating or not, it's the same for everyone.)
wot_81.1667_80.1506_client.patch (obtained from other player)
wot_82.1991_81.1667_client.patch (obtained from other player)
wot_83.2112_client.patch
wot_83.2113_82.1991_client.patch (obtained from other player)
wot_83.2113_83.2112_client.patch
wot_83.229575_content_en.patch (everyone should have this one regardless of updating or not, it's the same for everyone.)
The two without comments are the files that want to patch the entire game, however, according to my log file, i have repeatedly had issues with corruption in the second of the two files.


I'm also reporting this directly to the game makers as having numerous corrupt files in one of your updates is terrible. The game works fine if you already have the game installed since 8.0, but you can't download that version any more and the new version is defective.
how do i get the 8.0 version im new to the game?