BEEBOOP doesn't mean stop and hide!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

mld0806 #1 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7287 battles
  • [WAL] WAL
Okay, so what is the deal with everyone stopping immediately when they hear the "enemy spotted" noise, even if it's on the other side of the map?

If you hear that noise, look down at your mini and look at where the enemy spotted is and KEEP MOVING.

Just got out of a battle where I uncovered a TD, who tracked me.  Okay, so he's fired his shot, he's pointed AT ME, but everyone else around just STOPS?!?  You know where he's pointed, you know he's reloading.  Maneuver around him and flank him out!

Another great example is the valley in Karelia.  I don't know the number of times where one team or the other is moving down there, and BEEBOOP, someone gets spotted and the whole push just stops and hides!  The other team, who doesn't stop moving, gets the entrance to the hill and then proceeds to eat up the side that stopped one by one as the push tries to get going again.

Other great examples are people moving to the east side of the pond in Malinovka who freeze when someone is spotted creeping up the WEST side of the map, people who freeze in the valley leading up to the ice road on the Mountain Pass map because someone was spotted on the south approaches or across the bridge, etc.  

The simple fact of many, many losses is that a superior force will stop when they hear BEEBOOP instead of continuing the maneuver, and where they could have easily taken another gun out of the fight, instead they allow the support for whoever they just spotted to come up and get in position while they freeze like a deer in the headlights.

The other side to this BEEBOOP freeze is the complaint from many scouts that they get left hanging.  Yes, your scout just uncovered an enemy.  KEEP MOVING and you can get up to support him!  I can't count the number of times as a light tank where I light 3 or 4 people, dodge around, get back to cover, and notice the rest of the team following me JUST STOPPED and are waiting for me to lead the push!  I did my job, possibly took some damage, now engage them!

Biggest point is this...if you're in someone's sights when you hear BEEBOOP, there's nothing you can do.  You're basically hit already.  If you stop, that's even more guaranteed.  Keep moving, assess the situation, and THEN move for cover if need be or change your track to flank out whoever just got spotted.

My BEST games in my TD have been when I'm on a rampage, moving and firing and keeping going with some support to keep my flanks covered.  My most dismal games are when I've got 3 people moving with me, I take out the one enemy and then notice they all pulled BACK to the nearest rock and now I'm surrounded and overwhelmed, then they come out one by one after I've hit whatever I can before I go up in flames.

And, yes, I know this isn't always a rule to follow.  Keeping moving in a straight line down a street in Himmelsdorf is a good way to get killed.  But that is based on YOUR location.  Freeze on the railroad tracks on the same map...

Skpstr #2 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 21:43

Major

• Players
  • 13075 battles
But, but, I have to stop! I can't drive and look at the minimap at the same time. If I don't stop, I might drive into a lake!

BeepBoopBeep #3 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 21:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 11116 battles
What?!?  Are you accusing me of having something to do with this madness??  It's witchcraft I tell you & I deny all accuastions!

Dieago #4 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 21:48

Captain

• Players
  • 10366 battles

View PostBeepBoopBeep, on Nov 06 2012 - 21:47, said:

What?!?  Are you accusing me of having something to do with this madness??  It's witchcraft I tell you & I deny all accuastions!

You win the thread lol. /thread

The_Boom_Baptism #5 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 22:09

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4137 battles
how funny, ROFL

And please....................................stop the witchcraft BeepBoopBeep, some WOT witch in Russia is loosing her mojo............... :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Warrnock, Nov 06 2012 - 22:10.

Dunfalach #6 Posted Nov 06 2012 - 22:28

Major

• Players
  • 11791 battles
  • [CS7] CS7

View PostSkpstr, on Nov 06 2012 - 21:43, said:

But, but, I have to stop! I can't drive and look at the minimap at the same time. If I don't stop, I might drive into a lake!

There might be something to that. A surprising number of people on Assault Malinovka's attacking team manage to drive into the lake in the opening minutes.

Dieago #7 Posted Nov 07 2012 - 00:05

Captain

• Players
  • 10366 battles

View PostDunfalach, on Nov 06 2012 - 22:28, said:

There might be something to that. A surprising number of people on Assault Malinovka's attacking team manage to drive into the lake in the opening minutes.

Meh, I do it too when it's the first tank spotted but I don't turn my turret or stop. I just hold the turret in place and look around. I'm guessing the only people that do it are the people who can't decide by looking at the minimap that the target is in or out of their line of sight.

Papa_J_Smash #8 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 07:25

Private

• Players
  • 1033 battles
  • [-BDB-] -BDB-
It's like drivers in traffic hitting their brakes in sequence cause one guy who was ten cars ahead scratched his foot and accidentally brushed the brake. That's the mental image I have when that sound goes off!