Note that all teams would start at 1200 in rating. Due to the current nature in which this system would be carried out, we would be forced to have stringent requirements on who could be rated. Thus the following requirements would be necessary (this is not optional during the test phase as we have to manually calculate rating changes):
- Team names are registered to team captains (in order to be rated for an event, the team must use the registered name)
- Teams must have participated in at least 5 events before applying to register (applications must include links to the events)
- Unrated teams would be considered at 1200 when playing against rated teams (this means, once you're rated, all your battles are rated).
- Rated teams are required to put their current rating in brackets next to their names, if they wish apply the present tournament to their results. This must be completed prior to registration closing.
Some details on what this system allows:
- Different weights for events, so Challenges are more important than Skirmishes, etc.
- Low, or newly rated teams can massively increase their rating by winning even a single battle against higher rated teams.
- Higher rated teams can lose rating if a battle (not just a round) is lost to a low rated team.
- Team captains must register their team in order to be rated. Registering team captains must meet the following requirements:< >Have participated in at least 5 eSports related events (Tank Companies & Clan Wars do not count)Have been a team captain in those 5 eSports events. All newly registered teams will receive an initial rating of 1200
- When a registered team competes against an unregistered team, the unrated team will be assumed at 1200
- Captains who register a team name,must use that team name during any subsequent eSports events if they wish to earn a rating for that event (unregistered team names will not be tracked, regardless of the team captain).
- Team captains may not register more than one team name.
- Team ratings will be publicly listed at the beginning of each week.
- Registered teams are required to include their current rating in brackets after their team name, in order to be rated for the current tournament. Example: Team Wargaming 
- Registered teams that fail to include their team rating along with the team name will not be rated for the current tournament.
- Rated teams involved in the following: unsportsmanlike conduct (such as excessive use of foul language, insults, etc.), griefing, racism, profanity, rude acts, vulgar acts, acts of belligerence, and disrespect of an official, streamer or caster, abuse of in-game bugs or exploits, violation of general tournament regulations and/or violation of tournament specific regulations, may be subject to penalties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Immediate disqualification
- Permanent team disqualification
- Offending member(s) permanent tournament ban
- Rating adjustments
- Forum bans
- Game bans
- Immediate disqualification
- ELO scores are only processed after a tournament concludes. Tournaments remaining in progress do not factor into scores. The World of Tanks Classic is the only exception to this rule as it is processed weekly.
- Opponent scores are based on the opponent's score when they entered the tournament. It does not reflect the opponent's current score based on other tournaments that have since concluded.
- When processing your team's score for the recent week, the score calculated against is based on the most current score. Note that this score can vary from the score entering the tournament.
- Tournament scores are processed according to when a tournament concludes. This means that priority is given to the tournament that concludes first. That score carries to the tournament that concludes next.
- Teams battling a ranked team, that has chosen not to be rated, will have the opponent's rank apply to their resulting score.
- Team captains will receive an email with a detailed report of their team's point fluctuation throughout the last week. This breaks down how the current score was reached.
Current Scoring Formula:
Rankings and ELO scores as of May 1st, 2013
Edited by Captain_Judo, May 08 2013 - 20:59.