A Small Timer's Guide :)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

_Mordred__ #1 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 21:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 7291 battles
  • [T-D] T-D
A Small Timer's Guide :)
A Guide from what I learned in my small 3K battles and 44% win ratio

Introduction

Read it completely before making any comments because in many cases the sentences which are meaningless will only be meaningful after you read the next sentence.  And also let me be frank with you . Out of a rank of, say 100 cool guides this guide will be ranked 100”. I don’t think that this can be even classified as a guide.

Chapter One : Aladdin and the 14 Idiots

"Now I know many of you are still wondering what and how does people get good at a game when there are 14 other idiots teamed up with you. Now there are people that would suggest you go platoon with some. But that would just simply mean that of the 14, 2 idiots are platooned with you."

This not to blame you is the simple thought that will come to you after some losing streaks. Even the most expert players or the ones with patience in the ranges of 29,029 ft. above sea level, no matter what they claim will have the same thought process once at least in a blue moon. So the solution for that is and will be always go take a break, a deep breath, watch some Matrix movies, make yourself believe you are the One and when you think you are ready, go ahead and plug yourself back into the grid. And don’t search for the hole behind your head ( happens to people who take the role of the “One” too seriously ). I meant log in. And if you are in a platoon and your platoon mates didn’t do the same, in other words “ didn’t return to the real world for a break” , then go solo for some time because you most probably will continue that loss streak and will hunt for me, “the so called Author”, with your “Phasers” set to kill rather than stun.

Chapter Two : The Prisons of Bhutan

If you are sure that you don’t know how to play this game, go and get some training so that you can , on  the very least know how to shift gears at the right time and right place for it to be the perfect slide to victory. I am sure there a lot of good guys like Tan or Han ( forgot what his name was ) who have lots of finance and experience, and are looking for the guy with the right amount of potential to train them and make them the DK of the WOT world. ( Since 8.0 )
Now here is one thing which I have to say is a fact, if you can engage 6 of the enemy tanks on to you, your team will win. Now to do that towards the end of the game when you are the only player left and there are 6 on the enemy team requires no brains. But to do that in the beginning and have your allies finish the rest 9 and come and help you with the 6 engaging, now that is called ( let me introduce to a new word) “Skill”. Now for a beginner to have that you should be either Bruce Wayne who has double accounts or have a mentor like Ras Al Ghul and have a single account. Please don’t go searching the Bhutanese mountains where they were located on until Christopher Nolan showed up with Batman Begins. But that would mean you are 1 out of 100 in the insanity scale level. As you very well might have guessed I the Author is currently listed in the 1th range on that scale.

The thing is you have to identify a good player with the willingness to teach you and no matter what their teaching style is you should have the willingness to learn. I prefer not to point out examples as all whom I have platooned with are good teachers as far as I am concerned. Some had the patience to play with me for a long time and show me my mistakes while some had the rude and cruel and arrogant ( was trying to implicate someone specifically  ) way of teaching me how to play.

Chapter Three: School Of Rock

Any open training room at any instance is the absolute copy of a science class in the Third World Country's Downtown Area. What matters is the idea of not running around and be an agent of chaos but rather to watch everyone inclusive of the teacher and learn only the good stuff what they have to show. You see a E4 TD bounce a T 50-2 ( again once in a blue moon ). Learn not what was the right thing the T 50-2 did but what the mistake that the E4 did. And make sure your enemies make the same mistake and you do the right thing in similar scenario. Because rather than watching a replay of the victors and learning what they did right, your thought must be what mistake did the losers do that cost them the match. You learn more from the mistakes rather than the victors.

Chapter Four: The Game of Kings ( Dedicated to DJ )

Prediction of the movements of the enemy and also realigning yourselves with the enemy engagement locations is what you should be doing for in a game to be successful. If you see the west side pushing and the east side has fallen, return to base to stop them from capping while your pushing side caps it out. This is a basic move which will be known to almost all the players. And there are some more moves which are basically by default trained into your mindset after a few battles.

Chess has  a great role in this game. Even more this game is easier to play if you know how to play chess. As here there is no such thing as the White’s First move advantage, here all the moves are made real-time. And here too the main idea is to defend the top player ( King ) because him getting killed is like to hand the morale of the rest 14 players into the hands of the opponent team which in other terms is more like “ Checkmate “. And of course King Rambo is someone you shouldn't bother protecting  as it wont be worth it.

The various moves like the Twin Rook Sacrifice or the Scholar’s Mate ( famously known as the four move checkmate ) can be replicated in this game too. The scout, scouting at the beginning of the game and killing all the arty and lighting the movements of the enemy side is more like a one move victory. But you should also know how to capitalize on it and there are also ways to avoid this move. But playing a lot of chess will surely improve your playing style. If you are someone who don’t know how to play chess then I will say you will have a considerable change playing this game.

Chapter Five: Never Back Down ( As in the movie released in 2008 )

There are always players like Ryan as in the movie who think they are gods, who mock you and there are players who are like Jean, experts who don’t show off their skills and don’t believe in stats but are willing to help. Then there are people like Captain America who turns around Games of Shadows into Daylight Trading, and there are some more like Alejandro Murrieta who want to learn the game and play it to enjoy and finally there are a few who simply plays the low tiers and uninstalls. But in the end it is up to you, if you are determined to not back down without becoming a Legend then you are one of those Elite people who have the thoughts of becoming the Elite. Never back down without being victorious is my idea and cant push it onto you. In the end it is upto you to decide.

And contrary to what everyone says this isn’t just a game. You can meet cool people, talk about cool stuff. And having quite a few victories in the virtual life will change your attitude in the real life.

And by the way my win rate is now 48% but this guide was written when it was at 44% :)

Special thanks to

Attrition44

gardeth #2 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 21:36

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 12970 battles
Posted Image

I thought I knew where you were going and those movie references just threw me.

Edited by gardeth, Nov 08 2012 - 21:37.

_Mordred__ #3 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 04:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 7291 battles
  • [T-D] T-D

View Postgardeth, on Nov 08 2012 - 21:36, said:

Posted Image

I thought I knew where you were going and those movie references just threw me.

Well I was trying to make a guide which was interesting to read and wait for more :) I am still adding more chapters :)