Undead Type 59

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Aenir #1 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 21:40

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
During a round on Dragon Ridge, I was facing off against a Type 59 I shot and got the Enemy Destroyed log, plus on the team roster it is dead, but the tank itself still looks active. not blown up says it had 9% health left, and no shots could damage it. It wasnt even greyed out like when all crewmembers have died.

Posted Image

gardeth #2 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 21:42

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
You killed all the crew.

AdeptusArkainis #3 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 21:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Its a Jiang Shi!!! EVERYONE RUN!

The undead tanks thing has been a problem through 8.0 series.

Aenir #4 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 21:44

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postgardeth, on Nov 08 2012 - 21:42, said:

You killed all the crew.

I didnt think so, as the tank logo above greys out and damage will still apply to the hull

This thing was impervious to the KV-1S to its rear from point blank range.

Also, Photo Added

XxKryoxX #5 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Same thing happened to an m4 we were fighting against... you should make it that we can still kill the tank... if the crew is dead. I don't like how it seems they are invincible... and you waste 2 shells or more thinking he can't be killed :P

Thoringer #6 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:15

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostAenir, on Nov 08 2012 - 21:44, said:

I didnt think so, as the tank logo above greys out and damage will still apply to the hull

This thing was impervious to the KV-1S to its rear from point blank range.

Also, Photo Added

Despite, it is true - you can kill all the crew and the tank is not destroyed. And the above picture shows exactly that. You can see the same with tanks driving into deep water.

Here is my tip: You see an enemy tank with a dead crew and you are too far from the action - e.g. one tank left on the other team and on the other end of the map - you can destroy the rest of the tank and get XP and credits for it. I do that with suicide SPG if I can hit them - if they are too far in the water, it might be hard to aim at them.

Ubuntu #7 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 01:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostThoringer, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:15, said:

Despite, it is true - you can kill all the crew and the tank is not destroyed. And the above picture shows exactly that. You can see the same with tanks driving into deep water.

Here is my tip: You see an enemy tank with a dead crew and you are too far from the action - e.g. one tank left on the other team and on the other end of the map - you can destroy the rest of the tank and get XP and credits for it. I do that with suicide SPG if I can hit them - if they are too far in the water, it might be hard to aim at them.

When you encounter this, you will not be able to damage the tank no matter how many times you shoot it. I believe this to be a bug. The "all dead crew" scenario had, in the past, shown the tank as destroyed and not active. If you can shoot a tank (crew alive or not) and reduce HP, it is not the same scenario as this.

PsicoPato #8 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 12:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Himelsdorf... an is3 got unded fighting my friend.