Jump to content


I hate arty.


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

TheBlackStig #1 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3,291
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012
This is not an Arty is over power thread.

No, this isn't an, "I hate arty remove them from the game" thread.


It is an, "I hate arty because it is too hard to win in" thread.


I have no problems with my other tanks.  I can maintain around a 55-57% win rate on an average.  I seem to do best in medium tanks and (this seems a bit strange to me) non-turreted TD's.  With one of these tanks I can turn the tide of a battle.  I can get where I need to be to support my team.

But as soon as I get in arty my win rate drops horribly.  This morning in my M40/43 I had 5 defeats in a row.  I do some of the same things in arty that makes me win in tanks.  I support the weak areas so they don't get overrun.  If I see a problem on the strong side, I'll switch to that side and soften them up or take out guns.
I have too much exp wrapped up in the US line to stop now.  89k more and I'm in the T92 and then I'm going to retire arty except for in CW.

Yes, I hate arty.

My last thread was locked as a duplicate arty thread.  If it is a duplicate to try and find out why my win rate is lower in arty then give me another warning, lock this one and give me a RO as well.

Edited by Kumacho, Nov 08 2012 - 22:25.


jdtherocker #2 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:22

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 11,177
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011
You know you're breaking rules yet your gonna be mad if they RO you?
Just like in any tank you can have bad days in your arty just take a break and go back to it.

Okeano #3 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:23

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 7,217
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011
Remove arty from game and you won't have to hate it anymore.

Knightmare93 #4 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:23

    Major

  • Veteran Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 3,500
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostKumacho, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:21, said:

This is not an Arty is over power thread.

No, this isn't an, "I hate arty remove them from the game" thread.


It is an, "I hate arty because it is too hard to win in" thread.

I have no problems with my other tanks.  I can maintain around a 55-57% win rate on an average.  I seem to do best in medium tanks and (this seems a bit strange to me) non-turreted TD's.  With one of these tanks I can turn the tide of a battle.  I can get where I need to be to support my team.

But as soon as I get in arty my win rate drops horribly.  This morning in my M40/43 I had 5 defeats in a row.  I do some of the same things in arty that makes me win in tanks.  I support the weak areas so they don't get overrun.  If I see a problem on the strong side, I'll switch to that side and soften them up or take out guns.
I have too much exp wrapped up in the US line to stop now.  89k more and I'm in the T92 and then I'm going to retire arty except for in CW.

Yes, I hate arty.

My last thread was locked as a duplicate arty thread.  If it is a duplicate to try and find out why my win rate is lower in arty then give me another warning, lock this one and give me a RO as well you over zealous lot.

Well you should change that font colour from red to something else. Red is strictly reserved for mods/GMs.

Also you have your opinions about arty, but some of them are able to maintain a 55+% win ratio so it could just be bad luck on your part. That said, I personally don't like playing in matches with 10+ arty per side.  :Smile_sceptic:

TheBlackStig #5 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3,291
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View Postjdtherocker, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:22, said:

You know you're breaking rules yet your gonna be mad if they RO you?
Just like in any tank you can have bad days in your arty just take a break and go back to it.

I'm proving a point.  Locking a thread without reading the post is ludicrous and borders on dictatorial.  Yes, I know I'm asking for an RO.  I'm pissed that a mod would lock a thread WITHOUT TAKING THE TIME TO READ IT FIRST.

Tenryuu_Kai #6 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:24

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 19,124
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostOkeano, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:23, said:

Remove arty from game and you won't have to hate it anymore.

Can't we just remove you instead?

TheGhostCat #7 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,833
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011
arty makes the game more fun and interesting. Its really not hard to counter - in any class or any tier.

paradat #8 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 7,336
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011
I would check out the arty threads in the "in game tanks" sections. May be some help for you there.

TheBlackStig #9 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3,291
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View Postparadat, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:25, said:

I would check out the arty threads in the "in game tanks" sections. May be some help for you there.

Thanks.  I did and have been applying the lessons learned.  I just can't seem to get my W/R over 50 in arty.

paradat #10 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 7,336
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

View PostKumacho, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:24, said:

I'm proving a point.  Locking a thread without reading the post is ludicrous and borders on dictatorial.  Yes, I know I'm asking for an RO.  I'm pissed that a mod would lock a thread WITHOUT TAKING THE TIME TO READ IT FIRST.

So you are purposefuly violating a rule that has nothing to do with rules on content so that you can citisize the mod about not reading content....... err what?

Okeano #11 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 7,217
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

View PostEsiliare, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:24, said:

Can't we just remove you instead?

I thought you loved me!  :arta:

Tenryuu_Kai #12 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 19,124
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostOkeano, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:27, said:

I thought you loved me!  :arta:

I hate all of you. <3

Felklaw #13 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:28

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 404
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012
Unfortunately there is a lot less self ability to influence a battle and your win/loss ratio than if you are in a tank.
Arty is a Support role. You support the team, not win the battles. That is what the workhorses do.

That being said, you do have the ability to turn the tide of battles by being observant and supporting your team.

If the team is bad, and scouts/mediums get through, you are done for.
If your team loses their arty early, but they keep their arty, very high chance that round will be a loss.

Best thing you can do is play arty for the fun of it, enjoy the experience and just have fun!!!
Otherwise, arty isn't the role for you.

EDIT: My game/win rates for arty are as follows:
Grille - 299 games / 171 wins
Hummel - 156 games / 89 wins

At the start my Hummel ratio was lower, but now the crew is 100% and improving their skills, plus my full equipment on the Hummel, it's ratio is increasing too, similar to Grille.

Edited by Felklaw, Nov 08 2012 - 22:31.


sepplainer #14 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 881
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostKumacho, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:21, said:

This is not an Arty is over power thread.

No, this isn't an, "I hate arty remove them from the game" thread.


It is an, "I hate arty because it is too hard to win in" thread.


TLDR

Clearly its a dup thread since it is about arty. (edit to add) and you being bad!

Edited by sepplainer, Nov 08 2012 - 22:36.


paradat #15 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 7,336
  • Member since:
    03-24-2011

View PostKumacho, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:27, said:

Thanks.  I did and have been applying the lessons learned.  I just can't seem to get my W/R over 50 in arty.

Well a 50 WR is better than average. Some vehicles like Arty and TD's can have a great game but have less influence on the outcome. For example a great Med or Heavy driver can make up for some bad team members better than a Arty or a TD can.

Flakker2 #16 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:31

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,856
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostEsiliare, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:27, said:

I hate all of you. <3

But arty loves you. Especially if you stand still... in the open!

Tenryuu_Kai #17 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 19,124
  • Member since:
    10-03-2010

View PostFlakker2, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:31, said:

But arty loves you. Especially if you stand still... in the open!

I play arty, and I do love people who do that. C:

TheBlackStig #18 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3,291
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View Postparadat, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:27, said:

So you are purposefuly violating a rule that has nothing to do with rules on content so that you can citisize the mod about not reading content....... err what?

It's called principle.  I received a warning for not violating a rule and had the thread locked.  

If i'm going to receive a warning it will be for violating a rule.

mrnotwo #19 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 428
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
Arty win rate is directly proportional to the damage you do in it. Do more than the average and you'll go above 50%.

Edited by mrnotwo, Nov 08 2012 - 22:34.


armydude #20 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:35

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 281
  • Member since:
    12-24-2010
I have fun with my arty.  Some days are beyond all expectations and others I should have stayed home.   :Smile_Default: