Platoon Voice ping max

voice chat turret reload

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Xavior2422 #1 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:29

Private

• Players
  • 4900 battles
With the 8.1 update I have noticed some things that bother me. Last night I was platooning with my brother and all was going well until we used voice chat. the longer we spoke the high our pings became and delayed our gameplay, so "shoot the one coming up on the left" turned into "where did he come from and why am I almost dead?" We found ourselves rushing out simple statements to avoid the ever-so-fun Ping: 999 conditions. In the end we switched off voice chat for the night and went back to platoon text chat. Maybe it was just a server issue last night ( I haven't been on to play today) but has anyone else experienced this since 8.1? It never happened before to us.

Secondly, I started working up the British tank tree and found some minor annoyances when it comes to upgrading the turrets. If I am in my tech tree and I research a new turret, and install it I must back out of the tech tree to hit battle, otherwise my tank has yet to be serviced and battle ready. The same goes for upgrading the turret and then adding a new gun compatible with the new turret, I must first by and install the turret, back into the garage, and then install the gun. I know it is stupid simple and not a big deal at all, but I just wanted to point it out.

Lastly after watching the new "explaining mechanics - penetration" video I must admit I was shocked to see what was taken into account and I have gained even more respect for the developers yet again!

xXxPhoenix_WrightxXx #2 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 22:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17162 battles
  • [LMNGS] LMNGS
Don't use in game chat. None of the major Clan Wars teams use it because its garbage, use teamspeak 3, you can download for free and works 100% better then the game chat.

BattlecryGWJ #3 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 23:00

Major

• Players
  • 25152 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD
Typically when my friends and I are platooning we just use Steam's built in voice chat.  Its got some latency but its good enough easy to run with, and doesn't seem to create any connection speed issues for the game.

RG_Kortor #4 Posted Nov 08 2012 - 23:18

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 23054 battles
  • [RG] RG
or if it is just you and your brother, skype is another option

Xavior2422 #5 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 07:26

Private

• Players
  • 4900 battles
I would like to say thank you all for the recommendations. I know there are alternatives, I just have used the in game for a long time and had no issues until 8.1. I know its not so much of a "bug" but I figured I would report it anyway in case it is the update and not the server or our computers suddenly hating WoT.

I REALLY hope they don't start hating Tanks  :Smile_ohmy: hahahaaa

thearizona #6 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 19:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 3722 battles
  • [77TH] 77TH

View PostXavior2422, on Nov 08 2012 - 22:29, said:

Lastly after watching the new "explaining mechanics - penetration" video I must admit I was shocked to see what was taken into account and I have gained even more respect for the developers yet again!
that vidio was interesting. i have to say it has helped me in battle and saved my but a couple of times.