Transfering crew from a standard tank to a premium tank.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

treadheadm1 #1 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 23:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I own an M26 Pershing with a 100% crew.  I want to buy a T26E4 Superpershing and transfer the M26 crew to it.   In the tech tree notes about about the T26 Super, it states "transfering crew from the vehicles of the same type without penalty or retraining" as one of the benefits, BUT when I go to "retrain" my crew from the M26 to the T26 they take a loss in primary skills, unless I pay $200 gold to retain 100%, or 20,000 credits to retain 90%, or nothing to retain 80%.  Can someone please clarify what the devs mean by "transfering crew from the vehicles of the same type without penalty or retraining" and isn't the M26 and T26 the same type/class of vehicle?  Thanks in advance.

INKRO #2 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 23:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It means that you don't need to retrain your crews to properly run premium tanks, you shouldn't have needed to train your Pershing crew at all.

Legiondude #3 Posted Nov 09 2012 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
DO NOT retrain your crew for the premium tank if you want to hop them between one tank to the next

It's a premium, so you don't suffer a performance penalty for not being trained for the tank, however while any American medium crew can operate a Super Pershing, only tank a Super Pershing crew can operate is a Super Pershing

treadheadm1 #4 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 00:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostINKRO, on Nov 09 2012 - 23:57, said:

It means that you don't need to retrain your crews to properly run premium tanks, you shouldn't have needed to train your Pershing crew at all.

So, I keep them as "M26 trained tankers" and just transfer?

slenderfungus #5 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posttreadheadm1, on Nov 10 2012 - 00:00, said:

So, I keep them as "M26 trained tankers" and just transfer?

Just put the M26 crew on the T26 when you want to play the T26 and they will operate the T26 at 100% without retraining them.  When you want to play the M26, just transfer them back to the M26.  

When_Kittens_Attack #6 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 00:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
As the other said, you can just transfer them to your Premium Tank without any re-training. I re-trained my Easy 8 crew when I transferred them to my Super Pershing, and then later paid to re-train them back to the Easy 8. Found out I didn't have to do that :P

treadheadm1 #7 Posted Nov 10 2012 - 15:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks all.

gibney #8 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 01:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
very good to know info. thanks

Sir_Mcannon #9 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 06:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
wow thanks!!!!! was looking for this precise answer

treadheadm1 #10 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 17:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postslenderfungus, on Nov 10 2012 - 00:12, said:

Just put the M26 crew on the T26 when you want to play the T26 and they will operate the T26 at 100% without retraining them.  When you want to play the M26, just transfer them back to the M26.  

Found out from a WOT, yes they do operate at 100% and yes secondary skills do kick in, BUT.....Check out the correspondence below from a help ticket that I submitted to WOT when I asked them about crew transfers to premium tanks.  But judge for yourself on what WOT means by "without penalty".

WOT REPLY: "You're more than able to transfer crew members from one vehicle to another. If you do so without the proper training the crew member's efficiency will not be as accurate compared to the vehicle they are currently trained for. However, if your crew members have 100% efficiency, the crew member's skill will still be in affect but their performance will not compare for vehicles they aren't trained for."  NOTE the words: "skill will be in affect but their performance will not compare for the vehicles they aren't trained for".

STATED IN TECH TREE: "transferring crew from the vehicles of the same type without penalty or retraining"...NOTE the words:  without penalty.  
Now, look at the two noted statements together:  TECH TREE: without penalty.  YOUR REPLY: their performance will not compare for the vehicles they aren't trained for.  Without penalty doesn't seem to apply as advertised....Can you explain?  

McRegan #11 Posted Nov 12 2012 - 18:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
One thing i've noticed in your post here is the reply from WG is not neccisarily talking about transfering crews between a NON-PREMIUM vehicle and a PREMIUM vehicle of the same class. and that's very important.

Every crewman is trained for a specific vehicle.
You can use that crewman in that specific vehicle or ANY PREMIUM VEHICLE of the same NATION and CLASS WITHOUT PENALTY.

Example:
You have the crew for your M26 Pershing.
The Nation of the M26 Pershing is AMERICAN, and the Class is MEDIUM TANK.
This means that you can use those crew members on the M26 Pershing or ANY PREMIUM AMERICAN MEDIUM TANK.... WITHOUT PENALTY
The crew that is trained for the M26 Pershing WILL perform WITHOUT PENALTY in the T26E4 Super Pershing, the Ram II, or the M4A2E4... ((those are the only Premium American Medium Tanks I could think of off the top of my head right now. if there are others they apply here as well))

Now the reverse of this IS NOT true.
If you have crew members trained in the T26E4 Super Pershing then they WILL take a penalty if you try to put them in your M26 Pershing.

for the crew members to not take a penalty when using them in a vehicle they are not trained for the vehicle must be:
1. The same CLASS as the vehicle the crew member is trained for. (Light/Medium/Heavy/SPG/TD)
2. The vehicle you are placing them in MUST BE A PREIMUM VEHICLE.
3. The vehicle must also be from the same NATION (American, Soviet, German, etc), but since the game won't let you mix crew members from different nations then this requirement is really moot.

if any of the above conditions are not met then the crewmember in question WILL take a penalty to their Primary Role. how much of a penalty, will depend on how many of the above requirements are or are not met.