IS-7 ohsi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

Zeramas #181 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 18:31

Major

• Players
  • 24139 battles
  • [MAPLE] MAPLE
Wow I abandoned this thread 4 days ago, and you guys keep fighting each other. Can you just ignore the trolls, and talk about the IS-7?

Sell your IS-7s, buy a better mid-tier tank!

Haides #182 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 21:18

Major

• Players
  • 9246 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I don't want to sell it, sadly. It's the most beautiful tank in the game in my opinion, I'll certainly be letting it gather dust until it gets way better terrain passability.

Killer_Khan #183 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 00:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 43671 battles

View Postohsi, on Nov 10 2012 - 01:02, said:

Are there any plans to make the IS-7 worthwile again? Any Developer commenting on this, please?
I mean, right now I'd rather go in an MS-1 into a tier 10 battle. At least I could scout, and it's cheap.

Since 8.1, this tank has become a pile of bull crap. APCR and HEAT rounds (before you rage, yes, I'm ok with gold rounds for silver), are not "flying all over there", but enemies will fire them upon an IS-7 for sure, especially frontally. I was penned at 200 meters by a Tiger II... angled (1). And artillery shells are deadlier than ever.

Also... I was told that the IS-7 was "Le fast tier X tank". BS. Traverse speed in practice seems to be as slow as KV-3's. So yeah, going downhill you reach... what, 45, 50 km/h? -OMG THAT'S OP!!! NERF IT!!!!.... no. I'ts just not enough to nullify this tank's cons (2). The T110E5 is more maneuverable, while having similar frontal armor (except for the tumor), and an accurate, fast, powerful gun.

Some changes I could imagine, without making the IS-7 OP (but that can bring that tier X back on pair to other tier X tanks) (3):

1) Raise traverse speed from 28 to 30 degrees;
2) Lower aiming time from 3.4 (yes, 3.4!! the new british tier X has 1.7!!!) to 3;
3) Raise RoF from 4.38 to 4.7;
4) Add 150 more hp to the tank;
5) Pizza.

Right now the IS-7 is a beta tank, stuck in 8.1 environment. Fail.

Thanks.

PS: German fanboys are not welcome here, and will be trolled to death.

-Edit:
(1) Just a bit angled, and the guy penetrated my lower hull, which is not always easily concealable.
(2) No, I'm not "doing it wrong" with the IS-7, I have 61% WR and average stats.
(3) I don't give a damn piece of bull crap if the tank is good for CW or not. I want it to be as enjoyable as any other tier X, because it ain't cheaper or easier to research than any other. It requires lots of time (or money) and effort to get. It's a tier 10, dammit!

I don't have much time to read through the whole post but I can damn guarantee that IS-7 is now obsolete. I have played some 400+ games on my IS7 and whenever I get on it I start feeling like I suck at this game. But give me an IS8 and I feel much better. Below are points which I noticed,

1. Speed is only on paper and it does not reach above 37-38 Kmph flat ground that too much worse on different terrains.
2. Tank Traverse is acceptable but not good.
3. S70 naval gun on this tank is crap these days. It might have been the best gun out there but not now. The aim time is awful, accuracy sucks and most of your direct hits would be zero damage pens. So to sum it up your fire power is useless
    so you are no more offensive. (I have been outgunned by E100 many time due to its high damaging gun).
4. The so called superb armor of this tank is carp now. No matter you angle it or keep its pike straight everyone would pen you. All Tier 9 and Tier 10 mediums can pen IS7 from any angle (Heavies can pen it is nothing new).
5. Indirect but very much responsible for this tank's failure including above stated things is the presence of 4/5/6/7/8/9/10 ARTYs on each side.

I am so disgusted to see my favorite tank being obsolete... :Smile-angry:

Harnisfechten #184 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 06:42

Major

• Players
  • 19883 battles
Guys, the IS-7 is still fine. It maybe needs a little pick-me-up to keep in line with all the new power-creep, but overall it's ok. Maybe a little boost to RoF, or accuracy, or HP, anything really.

Spear_PL #185 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20547 battles
  • [PDP] PDP
is7 is absolutely horrible....i put 40 rounds through it today and needless to say my W/L is about 40....it has no armor, slow aim time, and crap pen. I'm selling it as soon as i get my e100

Harnisfechten #186 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:27

Major

• Players
  • 19883 battles

View PostSpear_PL, on Dec 28 2012 - 07:22, said:

is7 is absolutely horrible....i put 40 rounds through it today and needless to say my W/L is about 40....it has no armor, slow aim time, and crap pen. I'm selling it as soon as i get my e100
I'll grant you the aim time, yeah, it's a bit slow, but that's a russian thing, you should be used to it after grinding the IS line. No armor? Just gotta hide that lower front plate. The turret is almost invincible, and the upper front is decent against most tanks lower tier than you, and if you hide one side of the pike and angle the other side even steeper, it can bounce anything. Crap pen? Meh. It's 8-9mm less pen than the other tier 10's. If you think that's low pen, I'm not sure what you expect to get with the E-100.

Spear_PL #187 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20547 battles
  • [PDP] PDP
i don't even try to go up against other tier X's that's how weak it is. E100's always do full dmg, so 2-3 shots and im out again. Against the American X TD's it doesn't stand a chance, i run every time i see one.The pike is useless as there is no where you can hide the LFP for any length of time before arty 1 shots you. E100 has armor armor and more armor. I'm definitely going to get it, only need 20k more xp

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users