• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

Tazilon #1 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
THE CONCEPT:

I have done a series of After Actions Reports (AAR) in the past where I screenshot a replay and discuss what I'm thinking as I go.  I include the replay with the AAR but, as we all know, the replay becomes outdated and impossible to watch for most people (who keeps copies of each version of the game on their puter just so they can watch older replays?) so I have decided to switch to YouTube AARs.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Murovanka.  Arty Hunting then Plants vs Zombies in the Magic Forest

Spoiler                     

Cliff.  North Spawn Lighthouse Sniping then Search and Destroy.

Spoiler                     

Mines.   I discuss the Hill - when and when not to go there.  10 kills, Pools, Top Gun

Spoiler                     

Westfield Assault Offense.  I discuss when it is GOOD to knock down trees.  4,000+ damage, 3000+ DUD, Confederate.

Spoiler                     

Westfield Assault Defense.  The town is busy so I have to change my plans...  7 kills,Orliks, Top Gun

Spoiler                     

Sand River Assault Defense.  Patrol Duty, Scout.

Spoiler                     

Karelia Assault Defense.  I talk about Situational Awareness.  Top Gun, Orliks, Kamikaze

Spoiler                     

Abbey with 6 Tier Xs and 1 Tier IX.  I get their Arty anyway!  Pascucci.

Spoiler                     

Siegfried Line North Spawn Personal Route.  6 kills, Top Gun, Pascucci, Scout

Spoiler                     

Sand River - I Half Court Scout then run over the North Hills to harass the enemy.  4 kills, Orliks, Confederate, Sniper.

Spoiler                     

El Halluf - back into the Pool and out - from the opposite from  8.3.14  Top Gun, Pascucci, Orliks, Sniper!

Spoiler                     

El Halluf.  Into the Pool and out.  Top Gun, Orliks, Patrol Duty!

Spoiler                     

Steppes Encounter:  a mix of techniques.  8 kills. Radley Walters, Top Gun

Spoiler                     

Malinovka Encounter:  Do Not Cap Encounter!  7 kills, Top Gun

Spoiler                     

Steppes  I demonstrate a Delayed Rush.  This is an average battle for a 2801 stat-wise but we get a 15-0 win!

Spoiler                     

Ensk Slightly Delayed Rush.   I demonstrate a move designed to take advantage  of a gap in the defense which frequently appears 2-3 minutes into the game.  9 kills, Raldey - Walters, Top Gun, Sniper, 4,013 damage, 3,268 XP

Spoiler                     

Erlenberg Assault Defense.  I demonstrate the B0 defensive spot.  6 Kills, Top Gun, Orliks, 2,878 XP, 3,525 damage

Spoiler                     

Fjords.  I talk about pushing tanks and NOT driving into allied Line of Fire.  7 kills, Top Gun

Spoiler                     

Siegfried Line Assault Defense  I start off ranked 4th but end up in a 1 v1, first hit wins, death match with a Tiger.  8 kills, Radley-Walters, Top Gun

Spoiler                     

Prokhorovka.  I'm running 4 HEAT/38HE in this Tier IX  battle - but I earn 36,193 PROFIT with 6,153 DUD.

Spoiler                     

Port:  9 Tier Xs on the enemy team!  Yes, you can be effective against high level enemy forces!  I screw up the intro and say it is Wide Park.  It is not - it is PORT.

Spoiler                     

Sand River Encounter.  Top Tier: X  3 kills and 2,044 XP

Spoiler                     

El Halluf Standard Mode.  Sniping, back door to the Pool, Arty Hunting and Search and Destroy.  A great example of why "Don't Cap - kill all tanks" is a bad idea.  8 kills, Top Gun, Radley-Walters.

Spoiler                     

Erlenberg Personal Route vs Tier IX.  3 kills, Ace Tanker qualified XP

Spoiler                     

Sand River Encounter.  I start ranked 15th in this Top Tier 9 battle.  5 kills, Orliks.  

Spoiler                     

Karelia Southwest Spawn Personal Route.  I run my Personal Route from the SW spawn and get 7 kills, Top Gun, Pascucci and an Orliks.

Spoiler                     

Steppes Standard Mode:   Supply Crates.  I show you why it is smart to destroy the supply crates and searchlight platform on your base.  8 kills, Top Gun, Radley-Walters, Invader.

Spoiler                     

El Halluf Encounter.  After a dysfunctional start due to a Tier 2/Tier 7 platoon, I backdoor the Pool, demonstrate turning while going downhill with your engine in reverse, demonstrate Flank-a-Boo and medium range Sniping.
8 kills, Top Gun, Radley-Walters, Orliks, 3,798 XP, 4,480 damage, 57,859 credits

Spoiler                     

Murovanka Personal Route with no Delay, then Drive By attacks.  I get an Orliks along the way.

Spoiler                     

I demonstrate how to counter a counter-attack when playing Westfield Assault Offense.  Confederate, 4 kills, 3,014 damage and 2,620 XP

Spoiler                     

I demonstrate the West Spawn Ninja spot in Malinovka - the best Ninja spot in the game.   Patrol Duty Scout, 8,639 DUD and 38,592 profit in a VK-2801,

Spoiler                     

I demonstrate a delayed Personal Route in Murovanka, kill their Arty but end up 1v2 for a short time at the end vs 2 platooned Tiger Ps.  Top Gun and Defender

Spoiler                     

Tier 9 match in Malinovka where I start ranked 15th.  Patrol Duty, Scout, 4 kills and 2300+ XP

Spoiler                     

Hunting Arty, Part I  How to Get to Them
Westfield   I talk about the first phase of Hunting Arty - Getting to them.  Pascucci Medal

Spoiler                     
Sand River Defense I demonstrate my initial Half Court Scouting run and end up with a Scout medal and 4 kills - including 1 in mid-air!

Spoiler                     

Erlenberg Personal Route, Take 2 I demonstrate my Personal Route - but this time no one chases me as I kill Arty and I get to snipe the enemy fro their rear.  Top Gun.

Spoiler                     

Serene Coast North   I start to demonstrate my Sniper Spot in a2 but join a platoon of aggressive Type 59s and demonstrate the D1/E1 Valley Assault instead and end up with Top Gun and Orliks Medals

Spoiler                     

Karelia Assault Defense   I demonstrate my Personal Route and end up 1 on 3 at the end - but win!

Spoiler                     

Serene Coast South Spawn  I demonstrate the B1 Sniper Spot and end up with 5,546 points of damage and 3,442 non -bonus XP!

Spoiler                     

Himmelsdorf.  Another 7 kills, Top Gun and Sniper.

Spoiler                     

Karelia Personal route   7 kills, Top Gun and Sniper with 3,856 points of damage and 2,934 non-bonus XP.

Spoiler                     

Ruinberg Encounter.  5 kills, Sner Medal, 2,563 XP, 3,354 damage

Spoiler                     

Airfield West Spawn Ninja Sniping spot.  6 kills, Top Gun, Orliks

Spoiler                     

Personal Route for North Spawn in Cliff.  4 kills, Scout and Invader.

Spoiler                     

Malinovka Assault Offense.  Sometimes, it is good to ram - even if you know you will die.  Top Gun, Orliks, Kamikaze.

Spoiler                     

Prokhorovka.  Horrible map since the update, but a good game here.

Spoiler                     

Fishermans Bay.  I play Search and Destroy and destroy 7.  Top Gun.

Spoiler                     

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
El Halluf.  I snipe above the Pool then cross over and invade their homeland.   Orliks.

Spoiler                     

Highway  I demonstrate using a Quick count to tell me when to launch a Delayed Rush.  Pascucci Mefdal.

Spoiler                     

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Westfield Personal Route, sans Arty.  I get a Top Gun demonstrating my route for Westfield Assault Defense.

Spoiler                     

Erlenberg Standard.  I start off ranked 4th so I skip running my route and just play Search and Destroy.

Spoiler                     

Serene Coast.  I demonstrate the Sniper Spot in B1 for the South Spawn and get a Top Gun and Orliks.

Spoiler                     

Malinovka Encounter from the N/NW spawn.  I demonstrate Ninja Sniping from the bushes in D5/D6 then have to fall back on defense when we go down 4 tanks and lose the Hill.  I finish by showing you you can still fight - even after you have no ammo.

Spoiler                     

8.1.17 Prokhorovka unopposed Half Court Scouting  I demonstrate how to Half Court Scout in Prok when the enemy does not challenge you.  7 kills, 10 spots, 3,048 damage, 3,740 (not 3790 as I say in the film) DUD, top Gun, Pascucci, Scout, and 3,337 XP.

Spoiler                     

Erlenberg Assault Offense   I demonstrate the East Side Assault on this map and gain a Top Gun, 2,749XP and 3,379 damage!

Spoiler                     

El Halluf   I show the Pool Route from the SW Spawn and talk about the unique properties of the Pool from this side.  I get 5 kills and 2,600+ XP

Spoiler                     

Himmelsdorf Encounter.  I go through the middle and up The Hill behind the enemy team.  I end up with 6 kills and a Top Gun.

Spoiler                     

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
El Halluf Encounter Back Door Pool Route.  I demonstrate how to run the Back Door Pool Route and talk about when and how to pull it off successfully.  This is a daily double XP battle and I score over 5,000XP!

Spoiler                     

Karelia Assault Offense Personal Route.  I demonstrate my Personal Route for Karelia Assault Offense and pick up 6 kills and a Top Gun as I go.

Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.11

Cliff Personal Route.  I demonstrate my Personal Route for Cliff and get 5 kills along the way.

Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.10

El Halluf Encounter Pool Route.  I demonstrate the Pool Route in Encounter mode and talk about common deciions you will face along the route.  7 kills, Top Gun, Ace Tanker qualified score...

Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.9

Malinovka Assault Offense.   I demonstrate how to go up the East Side of the map using supporting forces to clear a path to the top of the hill.  I also break down a Circle of Death encounter with a KV-1.

Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.8

Malinovka Encounter mode again and a return to the bush in E7.  I talk about some things I did not mention in the first Mali video and end up with Top Gun, Patrol Duty and Scout medal.
Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.7

Siegfried Line Encounter Personal Route.  I demonstrate my Personal Route for Sieg Encounter Mode but the game gets crazy and I end up with 11 kills, a Top Gun, Pools, Pascucci, Orliks, and Defender - and a draw.

Spoiler                     

+++++++++++++++++++++
Vol 8.1.6

Mountain Pass Towers.   I demonstrate the way up the hill to the Towers and show how effective it can be as both a Spotting and Sniping location.  This is another 7 kill and Top Gun mission.

Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.5

Malinovka Encounter.  I demonstrate the E7 Spotting Bush, Ninja Spotting and Sniping and talk about the 3 ways you will get exposed in that bush.  I get 7 kills and a Top Gun, Pascucci and Scout medal along the way.

Spoiler                     

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vol 8.1.1

In this Sand River Standard Mode battle, I wind up 1 v 4 at the end but pull out a win.  Overall, I get 8 kills.  This video recounts what I was thinking as the game unfolded.
Spoiler                     

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Vol 8.1.2

Off to Port and time for some Arty hunting, despite being ranked 15th in this battle featuring tier X tanks.  I look at some general strategy for Port and demonstrate how to attack multiple Arty at the same time.
Spoiler                     

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vol 8.1.3
Fishermans Bay is next.  I discuss how to approach fighting 1v2, a trick to improve accuracy when firing on the run, and talk a bit about chasing medals vs getting wins.
Spoiler                     

Vol 8.1.4

Erlenberg Standard Mode.  This time I demonstrate my Personal Route, as depicted on the Erlenberg Map in my Guide.  I end up with 5 kills, 3 of them Arty and earn a Pascucci Medal.

Spoiler                     

Edited by Tazilon, Mar 06 2013 - 22:22.

mishatopola #2 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 16:05

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 22 battles
Great battle! I like VK2801, it's good tank for arty and low tier tanks. Really great battle, reset cap in last seconds. +1  :Smile_great:
Tag
YouTube link
for YouTube videos.

Tazilon #3 Posted Nov 11 2012 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View Postmishatopola, on Nov 11 2012 - 16:05, said:

Great battle! I like VK2801, it's good tank for arty and low tier tanks. Really great battle, reset cap in last seconds. +1  :Smile_great:
You tag YouTube link for YouTube videos.

It is pretty good against upper tier tanks, too.  I got 3 Orliks yesterday!

Edited by Tazilon, Nov 11 2012 - 19:17.

Pita_146 #4 Posted Nov 12 2012 - 05:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10456 battles
Thank you, I much prefer the youtube video's as I hate downloading replays.  A couple of suggestions/requests.  Could you upload in HD, and also the volume seems kind of quiet.  Though, that could just be the laptop I'm on not having the best speakers.

Tazilon #5 Posted Nov 12 2012 - 05:38

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View PostPita_146, on Nov 12 2012 - 05:35, said:

Thank you, I much prefer the youtube video's as I hate downloading replays.  A couple of suggestions/requests.  Could you upload in HD, and also the volume seems kind of quiet.  Though, that could just be the laptop I'm on not having the best speakers.

HDs uploads take a loooooong time.  I am experimenting with them to try to find a  happy middle in quality and upload time.  Yeah, I agree the volume seems low.  Not sure why.  My mic input is set to 100%...

Tazilon #6 Posted Nov 12 2012 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
Vol 8.1.2 added 11/12/12  

Port general strategy and Arty Hunting.

See OP for video

Edited by Tazilon, Nov 12 2012 - 23:56.

Target_7 #7 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 16:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22557 battles
  • [VPG] VPG
Very nice tutorials Taz.  Nice to see you work.  I notice that you are very accurate in your shooting.

I had no problems with audio IF I used headphones and turned it all the way up.  Are you using a headset when recording?  Might help with audio but I am no expert in that area.

Thanks again for helping us out.

Tazilon #8 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 19:29

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View PostTarget_7, on Nov 13 2012 - 16:27, said:

Very nice tutorials Taz.  Nice to see you work.  I notice that you are very accurate in your shooting.

I had no problems with audio IF I used headphones and turned it all the way up.  Are you using a headset when recording?  Might help with audio but I am no expert in that area.

Thanks again for helping us out.

Yes.  I am playing with sound levels and resolution right now.   Will take a few videos to get it sorted out.

zeke3 #9 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 22:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19076 battles
  • [DICE] DICE
These are excellent.
TY Taz

Tazilon #10 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
Vol 8.1.3

Posted 11/14/2012

1v2s, a shooting trick, medals vs wins

See OP for You Tube video.

Edited by Tazilon, Nov 14 2012 - 17:29.

GTD #11 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 18:45

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Good videos, it's much better to learn your playstyle from a commented video than from written guide. That thing with relocating instead of pushing after a wounded game is quite new to me  :Smile_glasses:  It could have saved me several times.

1 question: On the Port video you seem to avoid firing on opportunity - like at that T-54 that was starting to chase you, or at that IS-8 (you changed loaded HEAT for HE instead of firing, right?), or maybe as well at the beginning from the bridge (it's not clear whether you've had line of fire there). Is it intentional, or a credit concern for you not to fire at that moment, or simply some random thing (one can't always play perfectly)?

I usually try to fire some HE even at longer distance when I know I'm about to be spotted - some 100 HP deducted from a med or heavy with some possible module damage might help my team.

Another thing - is it worth to take 1-2 AP shells to shoot at higher tier arty or some afking heavies? Once I've spent several minutes hitting an afk IS into engine with 150 HPs of damage per shot, instead of firing some AP into weak spots for 300 damage. Sometimes VI level arties also tend to take 2 hits for 200ish damage and are still alive and I wonder if shooting the second round as AP wouldn't have killed them. Or maybe it is just my aiming issue or HEAT is way better against these targets? I've read your argument with Toasted_Rofls about HEAT usage, so I'm only asking if AP could be useful in any way in a battle :)

Edited by GTD, Nov 14 2012 - 18:46.

Tazilon #12 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View PostGTD, on Nov 14 2012 - 18:45, said:

Good videos, it's much better to learn your playstyle from a commented video than from written guide. That thing with relocating instead of pushing after a wounded game is quite new to me  :Smile_glasses:  It could have saved me several times.

1 question: On the Port video you seem to avoid firing on opportunity - like at that T-54 that was starting to chase you, or at that IS-8 (you changed loaded HEAT for HE instead of firing, right?), or maybe as well at the beginning from the bridge (it's not clear whether you've had line of fire there). Is it intentional, or a credit concern for you not to fire at that moment, or simply some random thing (one can't always play perfectly)?

I usually try to fire some HE even at longer distance when I know I'm about to be spotted - some 100 HP deducted from a med or heavy with some possible module damage might help my team.

Another thing - is it worth to take 1-2 AP shells to shoot at higher tier arty or some afking heavies? Once I've spent several minutes hitting an afk IS into engine with 150 HPs of damage per shot, instead of firing some AP into weak spots for 300 damage. Sometimes VI level arties also tend to take 2 hits for 200ish damage and are still alive and I wonder if shooting the second round as AP wouldn't have killed them. Or maybe it is just my aiming issue or HEAT is way better against these targets? I've read your argument with Toasted_Rofls about HEAT usage, so I'm only asking if AP could be useful in any way in a battle :)

HEAT and AP have the same damage but HEAT has higher pen than does AP.  If you are using purely HEAT or, as I prefer, a HEAT/HE combination, I'm not sure why you would want AP.  The only advantage it gives you over HEAT is a small amount (4-5 degrees) of normalization.  

I was hoping the 54 would not pursue me.  Had I fired at him, he was pretty much guaranteed to follow me,  I frequently fire at targets from up on the bridge but this time I got spotted almost as soon as I spotted their tanks.  I had to move instead of shoot.  If you notice, I had two rounds lobbed my way before I got off the bridge.

URD1 #13 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 16:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 9827 battles
  • [GOD5] GOD5
Great commentary. Thanks for doing this and for your written guide. I have become a better light tanker because of your tutorials.

Pita_146 #14 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 16:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10456 battles

View PostTazilon, on Nov 12 2012 - 05:38, said:

HDs uploads take a loooooong time.  I am experimenting with them to try to find a  happy middle in quality and upload time.  Yeah, I agree the volume seems low.  Not sure why.  My mic input is set to 100%...

Yes, they do take a while.  I know some guys that do youtube videos frequently upload a bunch at a time set to private and when they want to release the video they just change it to public.  So, you can leave it uploading all night or whatever.

Yukino_Yukinoshita #15 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 04:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12895 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
This Really helped me in my Fast moving tanks! Thanks Tazilon. :Smile_glasses:

CatchTheTeemo #16 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 11:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12736 battles
<Deleted and reposted in appropriate thread>

Edited by CatchTheTeemo, Nov 16 2012 - 13:45.

Tazilon #17 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 23:15

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
Vol. 8.1.4

Added 11/16/12

See OP for this demonstration of my Personal Route on Erlenberg Standard Mode map.  I run the route and pick up a Pascucci Medal!

Tazilon #18 Posted Nov 19 2012 - 14:43

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
Vol 8.1.5

Added 11/19/12  See OP for Video.

Odirom #19 Posted Nov 19 2012 - 20:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9514 battles
WOW is all I have to say.

Thank you for the info, thank you for the guide, and while I do not have a VK2801 myself, I am currently running a 13 90, and am benefiting a great deal from your wisdom.

I just wanted to say thank you from a group of tankers who are new to the game and who are trying to learn. Your guide (and soon these videos) will be mandatory reading for our clan.

Thank you very much.

O

Tazilon #20 Posted Nov 20 2012 - 14:48

Major

• Players
  • 58352 battles
  • [-40-] -40-
Vol 8.1.6

Mountain Pass Towers  posted 11/19/12.  See OP for video.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users