The Unicum Privilege Checklist

Power privilege social_justice

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

Caitz #181 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 05:34

Major

• Players
  • 21317 battles

View PostHarnisfechten, on Nov 17 2012 - 05:03, said:

It's not helpful. But neither is the noob's question. Stupid questions get stupid answers, you know? I mean, how is anyone supposed to answer that?

I agree ... Noob's question is not helpful. Neither is it personally insulting on a public forum.

My guess is that these comments made by newer players, stem for a level of frustration with things they see as beyond their control. For some reason, there are people that see these comments as personal afront to their amazing win rates. How they make that connection to the point where the dialog devolves into personal insults, is beyond my understanding.

Harnisfechten #182 Posted Nov 17 2012 - 05:48

Major

• Players
  • 16777 battles

View PostCaitz, on Nov 17 2012 - 05:34, said:

I agree ... Noob's question is not helpful. Neither is it personally insulting on a public forum.

My guess is that these comments made by newer players, stem for a level of frustration with things they see as beyond their control. For some reason, there are people that see these comments as personal afront to their amazing win rates. How they make that connection to the point where the dialog devolves into personal insults, is beyond my understanding.
you're right, I just don't see it as a big problem. I don't remember the last time I saw a complete noob say something like that, and have another player just instantly call them bad. It's usually after they insist that people are hacking, or that the game is rigged, or whatever excuse they come up with, to which the good player will then say "no, you're just bad".

Like others have said, it seems like it's the "win% is all luck" crowd that usually starts the flaming.