ASAP #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

Proper_Bo #1 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:00

Corporal

• WG HQ Staff
  • 1171 battles
  • [SPRC] SPRC
Greetings Tankers! We are happy to introduce a new ASAP video. In today's episode our guest will be Stanislav Kargin a.k.a. Veider. To watch the video press here.

Edited by Proper_Bo, Nov 13 2012 - 13:01.

Zamolxet #2 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:02

Captain

• Players
  • 5623 battles
Posting even if dosent saw the video...

Cow:

*removed non-sense image*
Non-constructive/spam - continuance within 7 days of previous warning. 6hr RO issued.
|Sadukar09|

Edited by Sadukar09, Nov 13 2012 - 13:51.

Commando_Nightmare #3 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:03

Captain

• Players
  • 11823 battles
Thank you Proper_Bo for letting us player know about the ASAP #5.

Zamolxet #4 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:10

Captain

• Players
  • 5623 battles
he says no to all question or is it me?

Commando_Nightmare #5 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:13

Captain

• Players
  • 11823 battles

View PostZamolxet, on Nov 13 2012 - 13:10, said:

he says no to all question or is it me?

He is answering the question, but I don't think he is only saying no. Remember one of WarGaming main job is to introduce new features, and make the game more fun. I think I said a random in the second sentence, don't know why.

Desdichado #6 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22026 battles
And that's why I opted out of Assault.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #7 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:28

Major

• Players
  • 29751 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
A great response to the questions being raised.

Premium ammunition has always been there, but available to those who were willing to invest real-world currency, OR were participating in a gold-paying Clan.

Introducing the ability to buy Premium ammunition for credits allows those who do not participate in a clan and who are unwilling to invest real-world currency to leverage the feature.

I think it would be great to extend this to Premium consumables.

I always wondered why you could only exchange Gold for Credits, but you could not exchange Credits for Gold.  The obvious reason was to keep real-world currency flowing into the game, and thus, maintain or develop a predictable revenue stream.  This MUST happen or the game will cease to exist.  This move by WarGaming actually has the potential to negatively impact revenue stream, but make more options available to the player.

Meoow #8 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12556 battles
  • [MMIMM] MMIMM
I can see the future of arty "cap", if this would turn out true then this is a great news

Hookshot #9 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 18944 battles
Premium ammo for silver = good. An ammo rack full of premium ammo = bad. Please implement a feature limiting the number of premium shells a vehicle can carry. The use of premium ammo really needs to be an important decision, not a spamable I win button for every type 59 (for example) in the game.

SturmButcher #10 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:34

Captain

• Players
  • 28657 battles
  • [ESPRT] ESPRT

View PostHookshot, on Nov 13 2012 - 13:30, said:

Premium ammo for silver = good. An ammo rack full of premium ammo = bad. Please implement a feature limiting the number of premium shells a vehicle can carry. The use of premium ammo really needs to be an important decision, not a spamable I win button for every type 59 (for example) in the game.

yep, thats true, at least on reality some elite troops were able to use the premium ammo, and on specific situations, rounds were rare, so a few tankers were able to use it.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #11 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:37

Major

• Players
  • 29751 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostHookshot, on Nov 13 2012 - 13:30, said:

A Premium tank in the hands of a capable tanker can load 100% ammo and STILL make credits.  Type 59, KV-5, Super Pershing & IS-6 all have one thing in common ... less than stellar penetration with Standard ammunition.  That is the price you paid to drive those tanks.  Now, with Premium ammo available for credits, these tanks can overcome that singular weakness and still turn a profit.  I think THIS is the biggest variable in the entire equation.

ChaosRain #12 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 13:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13541 battles
  • [-_Q] -_Q
Holy crap, I want to see more of that pre-rendered T95 footage.

CynicalDutchie #13 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 14:00

Captain

• Players
  • 25079 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
A scout tank cap? Does this mean a cap on actual scout tanks or just all light tanks of T4+? Because it will still be unfair if one team gets 2 real scouts like the T-50-2s and the other team gets 2 light tanks with misplaced scouting mm like the AMX series and the upcoming high tier lights for the Americans, which I assume will play similar to the AMX lights.

RRR3 #14 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 14:01

Major

• Players
  • 10305 battles
  • [SPCTR] SPCTR

View PostCommando_Nightmare, on Nov 13 2012 - 13:03, said:

Thank you Proper_Bo for letting us player know about the ASAP #5.
Yea thanks! Now I know that it is here I can watch it now instead of wait till l8tr :)

shadow_munk #15 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 14:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 10383 battles
I honestly didn't know of scout "unbalance" team issues like arty has.. I hope they include arty in the balance as well with scouts

Tedster59 #16 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 14:21

Major

• Players
  • 31436 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
good info :)

pipecutter #17 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 15:00

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7622 battles
Sure wish these guys could give some kind of time line with things. It's always soon but never like will be introduced in 8.2 or 8.3, just soon. I wonder what tanks are going to be nerfed with all the gold shells flying around now.

unclehambone #18 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 15:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 35745 battles

View PostF0R_M0T43R_RU55IA, on Nov 13 2012 - 13:28, said:

I always wondered why you could only exchange Gold for Credits, but you could not exchange Credits for Gold.  The obvious reason was to keep real-world currency flowing into the game, and thus, maintain or develop a predictable revenue stream.  This MUST happen or the game will cease to exist.  This move by WarGaming actually has the potential to negatively impact revenue stream, but make more options available to the player.

Premium ammo may not be a big revenue source for them so it may not hurt to sell for credits. Their biggest source for revenue is probably premium
tanks and gold for premium accounts, which may actually boost sales because players will want to earn more credits to buy the premium ammo.
Of course it's hard to say since they don't give out their financial data.

123zorn #19 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 15:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 31713 battles
I was incredibly disappointed to see this interview.  Unfortunately the it is pretty clear that the designers have thought far less about the effects of silver for gold rounds than I had hoped.  This does not bode well for this game or future games from WG.

1.  Clearly gold rounds for silver has massively changed the game for those with heavily armored tanks.  No longer can those tanks count on their armor being worth much of anything in a pub battle.

2.  Silver for gold rounds has resulted in many (not just a few, I personally know several) players purchasing more than a year's worth of gold ammo for use in pubs.  Prior to this, gold was either used very, VERY sparingly or not at all in pubs.

3.  The reason for the move to introduce gold rounds for silver was CW and such, yet a vast majority of games were and are pubs where gold rounds were hardly used at all.  Now gold is slung in every single pub battle.  How is this a better experience for players?  It is not, it just invalidates the idea of a well armored tank from the start.  CW is an unbelievably poor reason for a massively game changing move such as this.

4.  It was stated that players would have a hard time slinging gold all the time, there is a slight grain of truth to this as using 100% gold all the time is a losing deal especially for high tier tanks, but this is not where 100% gold rounds are likely to be used (excepting for tier 8 arty).  Gold rounds are used as needed against heavily armored targets alone.  Once this simple fact is understood (and it is appalling that this was not addressed in the interview, what softball questions), then gold round use can be modeled.  I can and will shoot gold regularly with ALL of my tanks in EVERY single battle and not spend $1 of real money.  I may bounce once on a tank, but the next round will be gold when needed.  The idea that gold rounds will be limited by credit earning is a farce.  I will now pen when needed regardless of the armor on the tank that I face, this is just dumb and purely arcade-like when only angle now matters.

5.  I don't know when this interview was done, hopefully before 8.1 came out.  To keep a straight face and say that gold rounds for silver has not changed the balance of the game against those tanks dependent upon armor is pretty clearly a falsehood.  Keeping a straight face with this question, I am hoping. was done solely due to blinders being applied before the introduction of 8.1.

6.  Wow, so scouts are the issue yet not arty numbers?  Wow.  WOW.  I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm in a tier 9 battle with 12 tier 7-8 arty and everyone wonders why the game gets camped out for 15 minutes and ends in a draw...  Its because the scouts were not even, yep thats it!  Just keep repeating it and maybe the masses will believe it.  Address the balance of arty in a game to keep it moving; scouts are important, but not the core issue.

Gold rounds have always, ALWAYS been equally available to ALL.  It just cost real coin to get it, the overall benefit was relatively low in pubs, and therefore it was relegated to very, VERY rare use in pubs.  Now it is in every single game, armor has become far less of an issue now and this has unbalanced the game and made it even more arcade-like.  This single move has changed this game for the worse in nearly every single way and now millions of gold rounds are out in the wild and cannot be stuffed back in the bag, way to fail WG.

This interview does nothing to further confidence in the future of this game or WG's future games.  As everyone can tell, I am very disappointed with 8.1.  This game used to be great, now it is just another arcade shooter that is still fun but less so by the incredibly poor judgement of the game designers to increase the use of gold rounds in pub matches.

Edited by 123zorn, Nov 13 2012 - 15:10.

MuffinC4kes #20 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 15:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12508 battles
Everyone talks too much about premium rounds. I have never had a problem with it because there is only a few extra points on penetration but the damage is still the same. Who cares who uses them, who cares if you get hit with them. Do more damage to the other tank with better aimed shots and you won't have to worry about it.

What throws me off is 4:56

Q "Do you plan on adding any additional information such as critical hits in the after battle report, for example which modules or crew men were damaged?"

A "No as we're trying to limit the amount of information the player is bombarded with at the end of the battle."

That answer seems sketchy and if players don't want to be bombarded, they will just close the battle report. You will make a tutorial which will bombard new players but not throw in extra performance data at the end of a battle?

Quote from my friend Alex "Sounds like you don't want theory crafters to tear apart your game.  That magical firing algorithm you use is BS..admit it".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users