ASAP #5

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
98 replies to this topic

NutrientibusMeaGallus #41 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 17:21

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
They need to balance a lot. Being put into games where even from behind/below and above where you can't penetrate their armor to damage them without gold rounds, there is NO fun in that. Getting one shotted by someone with gold rounds isn't fun either, except for the person shooting them. From a newer player's point of view, if you say something like this and only get crapped on by elitists saying learn to play etc, that's not constructive, and won't bring you new players either. (And to the guy that insulted my deceased mother last night, I hope you get banned entirely you petty piece of human garbage.) Even going from tier to tier needs to be better balanced, it's a cake walk getting elite tanks all the way up to tier 4, then it's like hitting a brick wall. You see that hill and lose the will to play entirely, and feel like you just got suckered in JUST far enough to not drop playing entirely.

mrmojo #42 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 17:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
"We will adjust the unbalanced tanks (as we have always done)" -

M4 definitely & Konisch maybe.

Any others?

123zorn #43 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 17:35

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCatatonick, on Nov 13 2012 - 17:04, said:

The thing with premium ammo is that it really hinders advancement even on a premium account.  I mean if you have a 40k credit game and take a 30k credit hit for ammo you definitely won't make it to the next tier as easily as you would just using standard AP rounds and I think that will be one thing that will really help balance things out in the end.

The way I see premium ammo right now is that, as the video said, it helps new teams get started in clan wars or tournaments and it helps make tank companies more competitive.  I don't see it has a huge gold hit for them and the constant adding of new tanks and increased premium tank production will increase their income just fine.  In fact people running premium ammo more often could cause them to purchase a premium account to make up some of the difference.  Another thing is premium ammo makes some really bad tank grinds actually enjoyable or at least tolerable even with the stock tank.  It is a great way to help ease the upgrade process.

CW and TC are horrible reasons to destroy the advantages of armor for those tanks that depend upon it.  CW is only used by a very few and many players are just not interested in it, pubs are the majority of the games and gold rounds are now common in those.

Gold ammo can make credit gains in premium tanks substantially less, very true.  The main issue is that silver accumulation never brought about a direct in game advantage before.  Now it has resulted in a direct in game advantage.  Not only do you have a very few players that had a lot of money farming gold (again before 8.1 this was very rare in pubs), but now you have a very substantial number of premium account holders with premium tanks that can easily get $1M in credits per day to waste/spam/spend on gold rounds.  As it stands now I can earn a Tier 10 every 6 days by farming my premiums, so silver is not an issue.  As I have said before, I will now ALWAYS be able to shoot gold when it offers an advantage and never spend a $1 of real money.  I would never have considered this otherwise and nor did the majority of other players.

Gold rounds are not good for this game.  More gold rounds make this game even more of an arcade-like experience.  Gold rounds need to either be removed entirely (my preference), or made prohibitively expensive (like they were before and not available for silver).

General_von_Nuben #44 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 17:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I don't play assault anymore, but to suggest that "the defenders have disadvantages, too" is pretty ignorant.  Whatever disadvantages they have are grossly outweighed by their advantages (ie, camp popular lanes of fire, no need to advance, win-by-running-out-clock and lower time limit).  Also, deflecting the question about slow tanks' inclusion on the attacking team just shows an unwillingness to appreciate the unfairness of the whole game mode, as well as to confess that it's broken.  In most cases, the only thing that will win as attackers in assault is a stupid defending team that flits away its tanks one at a time.  And of course, having competent scouts/arty.  Without those elements, the odds are squarely against the attackers.  In pubs, can you really depend on getting competent, coordinated teammates?

Capping arty numbers is absolutely mandatory.  No one wants to play high-tier matches with 6-7 arty per side.  It's not fun for anyone, including the arties.  And it seems to me that, if you can check a box to exclude assault and encounter, why not have the option to check a "no-arty-game" box?  At the risk of angering all the arty apologists out there, I think a vast majority of the community would heartily welcome that option, even if it meant waiting longer for a game.  It would also diversify the game experience quite a bit.

Gold rounds in pubs are a mixed bag.  I always use gold in a pinch, or when I have no chance to pen a tank with regular AP.  But excessive gold use (outside CW) is harmful overall, since it negates the value of armor and transforms certain mid-tier howitzer-packing tanks into derps of death (Hetzer, KV-1, Sherman, VK 2801, KV-2, SU-152...and even some arties like the M41, SU-26).  I expect these tanks to have inflated win rates in upcoming stats, and that will force a rethinking of the gold-for-credits experiment.

I can't precisely pinpoint it, but it is starting to feel that WoT is getting out of control.  It's trying to accomplish so many new things so quickly that it's losing sight of longstanding issues, while creating new ones.  It's getting a bit tiresome, in my view, and the obvious focus on cash-grabbing is getting worse.

Backfat #45 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 18:04

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Scout tank cap?  Seriously?  When has anyone ever complained about that?  I can see the importance of having equal numbers of scouts for both teams, but why a cap?

Backfat #46 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 18:05

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostGeneral_von_Nuben, on Nov 13 2012 - 17:55, said:

Gold rounds in pubs are a mixed bag.  I always use gold in a pinch, or when I have no chance to pen a tank with regular AP.  But excessive gold use (outside CW) is harmful overall, since it negates the value of armor and transforms certain mid-tier howitzer-packing tanks into derps of death (Hetzer, KV-1, Sherman, VK 2801, KV-2, SU-152...and even some arties like the M41, SU-26).  I expect these tanks to have inflated win rates in upcoming stats, and that will force a rethinking of the gold-for-credits experiment.

They should be used just in a pinch, but many people are using them all the time because they are cheaper than they should be.  Gold rounds for derp guns should cost more, because they abuse the games mechanics a little more.
And yes, arty should absolutely have a cap.

Edited by Backfat, Nov 13 2012 - 18:06.

SystemRename5670002 #47 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 18:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
The reason behind the idea to allow the use of credits to buy gold is lame.

Come on, some groups have more gold than others is not because they are better and more competitive. It because some people have money to buy the gold and some don't.

It's called redistribution of wealth, it's now hitting the gaming world.

The haves vs the have nots.

WoT trying to stop the crying.

Bribe_Guntails #48 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 18:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I would like to hear about multiprocessing. In this day and age computers are built around CPU's with multiple cores and rely on said number of cores for their power. WoT is still limited to one core and, considering the large environments that are rendered, I am surprised that WG has not made it their priority to introduce multiprocessing.
WG, catch up to the present day; you can't enjoy the new rendering engine when it can't run effectively on your computer.

EliteSwatTeam #49 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 18:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The use of Gold rounds helps those tanks that have a problem with the pen and makes Tanks usable. Some will never agree but after all this is a game and arcade style or not, it is for fun. Try joining up and playing with real tanks and real death. Puts things in perspective enjoy your gaming experience and the fact that when your Tank is broken or destroyed, next round it's good as new, new map and new battle. Kills me when people write it's becoming more like an arcade game.

[2NDIV] Commander EliteSwatTeam

VonBrown #50 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 18:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Gold rounds in arty are the worst. It is already a cheat play style now it is even more so. I don't understand why WG would put arty into the game anyway. Its like someone said "heh, we need something in game to ruin the fun of the other players, wait I've got it."

Not only do I want gold rounds put back the way they were or removed comepletely but I want to opt out of games with arty. WoW has been getting a lot more of my time in the last few weeks and I hadn't played that in more than 2 years. Your game isn't as fun as it was prior to 8.1 and even reversing that decison may not be enough to keep me spending $$ on this game.

While your at it take the big "You lose" button off the front of the German tanks. Penetration for damage is fine, but getting your engine knocked out and set on fire with every second shot now sucks ball.

geographer #51 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 19:09

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostHookshot, on Nov 13 2012 - 13:30, said:

Premium ammo for silver = good. An ammo rack full of premium ammo = bad. Please implement a feature limiting the number of premium shells a vehicle can carry. The use of premium ammo really needs to be an important decision, not a spamable I win button for every type 59 (for example) in the game.

Premium ammo is a crutch for poor players to damage vehicles without learning where to aim, how to position, and when to shoot.  Although I agree that different kinds of ammo should be availble to players, I think it should be tied to something they have to earn.  Maybe you can't use it until your crew has all members at 100% basic...or even specific skills completed?  In this way all players would have to actually build up their crews' experience so that they could benefit, rather than simply taking daddies credit card, spending $100, and "viola, I'm an elite tanker and can kill tier 4s with my tier 1 and gold ammo!!!".

Just my opinion...

DJ18 #52 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 19:25

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Where do we ask questions so that they may be featured in the next video?

stinkopants #53 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 19:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
WG Gold-for-creds is the first great thing you've done in a while! :)

NutrientibusMeaGallus #54 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postgeographer, on Nov 13 2012 - 19:09, said:

Premium ammo is a crutch for poor players to damage vehicles without learning where to aim, how to position, and when to shoot.  Although I agree that different kinds of ammo should be availble to players, I think it should be tied to something they have to earn.  Maybe you can't use it until your crew has all members at 100% basic...or even specific skills completed?  In this way all players would have to actually build up their crews' experience so that they could benefit, rather than simply taking daddies credit card, spending $100, and "viola, I'm an elite tanker and can kill tier 4s with my tier 1 and gold ammo!!!".

Just my opinion...

yeah, because that would make things more fun and fair for everyone, to just go and make things MORE elitist then they are now. The endless grind above tier 4/5 for decent guns radio etc isn't bad enough, you want to keep the magic bullets only available to those with absolutely no life, so they can just prey on those that do? At least the option to buy the stuff is fair, anyone can do it (although gold rounds are way overpowered, that is still another issue). All it takes to get elite on a tier one tank is a handful of games. 100% trained elite is another story... I'll tell you one thing though. From my limited experience, I have more fun playing tier one and two then 3 or 4... Maybe it has something to do with the devs wanting it to be fun at lower tiers to suck you in and make you want to spend money....

SAVD31 #55 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 20:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
IMHO Gold Rounds should be removed completely from the game. They eliminate a large portion of the need for tactics thereby limiting the over all enjoyability of the game. Breaking from cover only to be one shot by someone with a gold round loaded ends my game and forces me onto the sidelines or back to my garage. Not to mention being gold round arty spotted and never even seeing another tank. Golds are ruining the over all game play for many people, killing the need for any type of real tactical maneuvering. The idea of a 15-15 tank battle isn't to go out and spot the enemy, shoot at them once, and kill them. Its the idea that you go out, spot the enemy, deploy to meet him, and outsmart/outflank him to kill him. After all, why have an ammo rack that holds 40+ rounds when you can one shot most other = tier tanks and lower and only use 15 gold rounds?

Look_its_Rain #56 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
This interview was a pile of shit.

geographer #57 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 20:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I guess WG needs to decide if they are making a game for mature gamers or an arcade game.  Someone did say "you can't please all of the people all of the time".  Unfortunately the "arcade" gamers will always outnumber the strategic/tactical gamers.  It's easier not to think.

VonBrown #58 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 20:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLook_its_Rain, on Nov 13 2012 - 20:53, said:

This interview was a pile of.......

Here comes he banhammer..lol

K_LIN #59 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 20:59

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I am dissapointed too of this game, you turn it in to a shooter arcade mode where strategy its not used and the important thing is just to kill, the use of gold ammo for credits its a stupid idea, now everyone has gold ammo, even the scouts, so you should let it how it was, its dumb to say that is doesnt change the game but it does. you should return it as it was, whoever wants to use gold ammo then paid for it. this guys said "it cost a lot of credits and its not on everybody to buy it" ..well it seems like you never play random battles latetly, if you really want to balance this game return te cost of that ammo with gold, balance the ammount of artys on every match and set the MM to set battles on a maximun  of one tier up, on preference the same tier, i dont know what WG where thinking on set a T6 with T8 battles, nonsense.

chezypuuf #60 Posted Nov 13 2012 - 21:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
There's only one big thing that I want to see changed in WOT, and nobody ever talks about it.

HUD SCALING!

The Hud is massive, and in the way on my low res laptop, but it's microscopic on my PC running at max resolution. Hud Scaling is a very basic feature to most all games. Why not in WOT?