Disappearing Gold (frustrated customer)

disappearing gold gone autoresuply

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

blue_oktyabr #1 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 19:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 12334 battles
  • [HAX] HAX
I recently spent about $30.00 to buy a bunch of tank slots, but had some left over gold sitting around just in case I decided I wanted something else later. Maybe camo, or what have you. I went to look at purchasing a camouflage pattern for one of my tanks yesterday, and my gold had disappeared! POOF. I've since realized that it was probably the game auto resupplying my gold rounds (which I had switched to silver) and paying gold instead. This is EXTREMELY frustrating. Please fix this. Whether it is a programming mistake, or a "business practice" it's absolutely unacceptable. Spending gold accidentally is one thing, having your game spend it for me is another entirely and you need to fix it ASAP. Please. I like your game, and I want to help fund it, but I won't spend another dime on it until I see this fix in some patch notes.

jacksknightx #2 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 19:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9811 battles
This is the suggestion forums not a customer service forum. Send a support ticket to customer service then wait for their reply. You will never see your gold again though.

C0UP #3 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 19:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27869 battles
Working as intended, funny as hell too!

rudebuddha #4 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21411 battles
You can uncheck the box that says resupply automatically under the service tab for that tank. Problem solved until you go into battle without ammo... :Smile_trollface-3:

Tolos #5 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23278 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
So YOU make the mistake and somehow its WG's fault ??

DSLR #6 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 410 battles
This reminds me of bank transaction fee, boy are those annoying when you forget and go over your limit.

Deadly_Stealth #7 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:10

Captain

• Players
  • 10429 battles
Never happened to me once. User error

GenPanzer #8 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:14

Captain

• Players
  • 25759 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO

View PostTolos, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:04, said:

This isn't the first post I've seen about this. It appears that these players are purchasing gold round with credits, but the system is auto-resupplying with actual gold instead. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems that these players, if they are buying with credits, it should be resupplying with credits. If it's using gold, it's not their fault.

blue_oktyabr #9 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 12334 battles
  • [HAX] HAX

View PostTolos, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:04, said:

Yes Tolos. EYE made a mistake. I've learned my lesson, and it won't happen again. It doesn't make sense for it to be so easy to make a mistake like this though. It's not fair to expect every new player that spends gold to have to learn this the hard way. Especially since it's something that could be fixed so easily. It would be just a simple UI alteration. They've changed the UI in much more irritating ways for much less important reasons before. I am in no way, asking too much.

atroutbum2 #10 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28572 battles
  • [NBG] NBG
a friend of mine suggested to me, when i had this prob, to go to the store, and buy a gold round stockpile and keep it in your depo.  that way your tank resupplies from the depo instead of automatically buying the rounds.

the other is to make sure the right payment option in selected on your tank before battle.

the last suggestion is to unselect automatic resupply of ammo.

i know that when you change guns on a tank, the selected options ( ie gold/silevr) reset to the wot default which is to have gold pay for the rounds

Allu_o7o7o7 #11 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:24

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 20097 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
This happens when you finish a battle (from earlier, probably when you died) while the resupply window for another tank is open. When the battle results pops up, the box reverts to gold, and most people click Accept or Close after switching out what (either saves the setting) and then end up spending gold until they realise this has been changed. It also happens if you change guns equipped on the tank, even if the old gun and the new gun use the same ammo.

Being extremely careful can get you around this, but seriously - denying it's a bug and blaming user error is dumb.

You can replicate these conditions easily, and then get off your high horses.

Tolos #12 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23278 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostGenPanzer, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:14, said:

This isn't the first post I've seen about this. It appears that these players are purchasing gold round with credits, but the system is auto-resupplying with actual gold instead. Now, I don't know about you, but it seems that these players, if they are buying with credits, it should be resupplying with credits. If it's using gold, it's not their fault.

Out of how many people that play this game, how many has this happened to ??.

Sorry but its user error nothing else, and as such it IS there fault.

@Blue_oktybar I get that you're annoyed about it I would be to, and yes maybe they should make it harder to make this mistake, but its still a new system.

blue_oktyabr #13 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 12334 battles
  • [HAX] HAX

View PostDeadly_Stealth, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:10, said:

Never happened to me once. User error

The fact that it didn't happen to you, means nothing. The fact that it has happened to someone at all, is what is important.

If you doubt that what I am claiming is possible, I have a hypothesis about how it happened to me, so that you can recreate it if you want. I believe what happened was that I didn't have enough credits to autoresupply using credits, so it just paid with gold instead. Try running your credit bank down to close to zero, and then waste a bunch of prem rounds with the "autoresupply" box checked.

GenPanzer #14 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:28

Captain

• Players
  • 25759 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO

View PostTolos, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:25, said:

Out of how many people that play this game, how many has this happened to ??.

Sorry but its user error nothing else, and as such it IS there fault.

@Blue_oktybar I get that you're annoyed about it I would be to, and yes maybe they should make it harder to make this mistake, but its still a new system.

Just because it happens to a few ppl doesn't make it their fault. There are plenty of issues with the game that only a few ppl experience. Why can't this be one of them?

Allu_o7o7o7 #15 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:29

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 20097 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Tolos, to be fair - news of this bug probably hasn't reached the big boys yet as we all spent millions on rounds and haven't started resupplying from the store instead of the depot yet.

Just a thought.

ToothDecay #16 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 20218 battles
  • [_NARC] _NARC
If you are NEW to using gold ammo, UNCHECK the resupply auto box.

Course, then you'll QQ about going into battle with zero ammo because you didnt notice.......

WAIT, YOU DID NOT NOTICE .................

That explains it all.

It is YOUR job to check your loadout.  NOT WoT.

if you just jump from battle to battle after you die, this kinda crap will keep happening, not just to you, but all those who don't slow down and check things out.

YOU screwed up, suck it up, and learn from it.

My Depot is stuffed to the rafters with Gold ammo, bought with GOLD, not credits, so its not a problem for me.   Yes, I am rich !

Why, I've even bought Gold ammo for tanks I dont even have.

It's so shiny..........pretty...........

Edited by ToothDecay, Nov 14 2012 - 20:48.

Tolos #17 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:38

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 23278 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostAllurai, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:29, said:

Tolos, to be fair - news of this bug probably hasn't reached the big boys yet as we all spent millions on rounds and haven't started resupplying from the store instead of the depot yet.

Just a thought.

I get that I really do, and if it is a bug or even a bad system, the fact does still remain that if they looked they could have avoided it.

Is WG responsible for making a bad system ?? Yes
Is WG responsible for making the players not pay attention ?? No

If I were these guys its happened to I would also be pissed, but I would be more pissed at myself for making the mistake in the first place. Anyone that has played MMO's before should know when a new patch hits, you ALWAYS pay attention to the new " Shiny's "

ToothDecay #18 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 20218 battles
  • [_NARC] _NARC

View PostGenPanzer, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:14, said:

It is if they dont have enough credits.

Then it takes your money.

GenPanzer #19 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:44

Captain

• Players
  • 25759 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO

View PostToothDecay, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:39, said:

If that's how the system works, it's still not their fault as that system hasn't been explained as far as I know.
So, if you don't have gold, does the system automatically go to credits? I wonder.

Red_Raven_168 #20 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 10917 battles

View PostToothDecay, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:39, said:

aha

that explains the auto-reset to gold . . .

in that case

working as expected