Half crew experience on death

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #1 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Sorry if this is covered elsewhere did a search here and found nothing definitive on the wiki either.

Someone posted in another thread re: team killing after battle is over that one drawback is that crew would only recieve half xp.

I posed this question in that thread but it's been locked so no one can reply.

Here's my take replying to that person saying half xp on tank destruction.  Pardon the copy/paste but the thread is locked.  Original post, http://forum.worldof...r/#entry3035811

Can someone confirm or deny this because I"m under the impression that the 50 percent crew xp penatly only applies if a crew member is "dead" or "wounded" before the tank gets destroyed.

My understanding is if the tank gets destroyed the crew gets full xp, unless a crew member was dead/injured before the tank's destruction.  I know there is a very small flat bonus (verbatim from the wiki) for surviving the battle, but that's different than the crew death/injury penalty.

If this is true to me it's HUGE because I'm under the impression that if your tank gets destroyed the crew xp penalties do not apply.

Thanks in advance to anyone replying.

Lophat #2 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
i wouldn't worry about it.  i have an 8% survival rate and i have a bunch of crews well into their 4th skills.  trying to preserve your crews is counter-productive since you'd end up doing less damage (and thus getting less xp) trying to stay alive instead of fighting.

paradat #3 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I do not belive that to be true.

I Stand corrected from the Wiki

Penalties Lack of Competence

A tanker crewing a vehicle that he is not trained for may earn less experience:
In a vehicle the same class, there is no penalty if the vehicle is a premium vehicle, otherwise he earns 50% less.
In a vehicle of a different class, he earns 50% less if the vehicle is a premium vehicle, otherwise he earns 75% less.

Crew Death

A crew member who remains injured at the end of the battle will receive 50% less experience than he would have otherwise received. Using a Small First Aid Kit or Large First Aid Kit to heal a crew member will avoid this penalty, unless they are injured again before the end of battle. Since the rate of crew injuries may not be the same across all the crew members, it is possible that one tanker will improve his skills faster than another tanker in the same crew should he be knocked out less than his colleague.

Not sure if this applies to a destroyed tank or not. If it does I have not noticed in 12k+ battles

Edited by paradat, Nov 14 2012 - 20:17.

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I agree and my own survival rate isn't that great either.  And you bring up something I'd completly overlooked - my own crew levels.  While I don't have any hard data I think my own crew levels would be a helluva lot less if they got half xp on tank's destruction.

KillerAyvaz #5 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:23

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostLophat, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:10, said:

i wouldn't worry about it.  i have an 8% survival rate and i have a bunch of crews well into their 4th skills.  trying to preserve your crews is counter-productive since you'd end up doing less damage (and thus getting less xp) trying to stay alive instead of fighting.

I agree with this. Though at the same time, I believe if you look at player with good stats...and good dmg/battle etc you will find that they have high survival ratings too...unless they play tons of tier 5 lights, then it will be low no matter what...then again so will their dmg/battle. Atm, my survival ratio is 43%..which is the exact 43% that is my percent of defeats, winrate is 55%. But I have good dmg/battle that is only rising all the time.

SumiXam #6 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postparadat, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:14, said:

I do not belive that to be true.

I Stand corrected from the Wiki

In a vehicle the same class, there is no penalty if the vehicle is a premium vehicle, otherwise he earns 50% less.
In a vehicle of a different class, he earns 50% less if the vehicle is a premium vehicle, otherwise he earns 75% less.

Crew Death

A crew member who remains injured at the end of the battle will receive 50% less experience than he would have otherwise received. Using a Small First Aid Kit or Large First Aid Kit to heal a crew member will avoid this penalty, unless they are injured again before the end of battle. Since the rate of crew injuries may not be the same across all the crew members, it is possible that one tanker will improve his skills faster than another tanker in the same crew should he be knocked out less than his colleague.

Not sure if this applies to a destroyed tank or not. If it does I have not noticed in 12k+ battles

I don't think it applies to a fully destroyed tank, but if you had a crew member knocked out before the tank was destroyed that crew member would get 50%. That's how I've always understood it, but I could be wrong.

cmdr_riker #7 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 21:48

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I think you would have heard, "we're finished, bail out" enough times. I pretty sure they go stealth mode and hop out of the tank to safety.

DeathMutant #8 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 22:02

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I was under the impression that when tank "drowns", as opposed to being "destroyed", its entire crew is killed; meaning 1/2 XP to all crewman.

Super_Silver #9 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Crew Death

Translated: MY KV5 radioman is forever DOOMED.

McRegan #10 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 19:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
When a Tank is destroyed the crew members that were not "Knocked-Out" / "Killed" before hand recieve 100% XP.
Crew members that were "Knocked-Out" / "Killed" before the tank was destroyed recieve only 50% XP.

Now Crew Members can be "Knocked-Out" / "Killed" by the shell that also destroys the tank (had this happen to me with arty hits) and in that case the crew members that were "Knocked-Out" / "Killed" only recieve 50% XP.

tanks that "Drown" are knocked out of action because the entire crew is dead NOT because the tank is destroyed. so if your tank "drowns" then all of your crew members will only recieve 50% XP since they were all "Knocked-Out" / "Killed".

make sense?

heavymetal1967 #11 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 01:36

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the replies.  What McRegan says makes sense and was my understanding minus the crew drowning info which I never really comtemplated.

While I've drowned a few times by noobishness or by being shoved doing it intentionally to avoid repair costs/deny a kill is another thing imo.  And I imagine those folks that do it on purpose may rethink that tactic if they considered the half xp argument.

Of course if they start selling floats or snorkel rigs in the shop the drowning rate may decrease.  :Smile_Default:          

Again thanks for the replies folks.

Eddywils #12 Posted Jan 22 2013 - 11:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
It all sux, most of the time you drown your crew because your team really sux.  There shouldn't be a penalty for that especially for arty.  If you last man standing in arty against 10 tanks you should have a bail out option for no penalty.