WoT and RTS game mode

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

CAMN #1 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I just read the review for a game (won't name it here... it shouldn't be hard to figure out which one it is) where one of the players in the team has to assume the role of "commander", that player is in charge of the team, but not only that, that guy is actually taken out of the game mode his team is playing.

The Commander will be playing an RTS style of game, he will be in charge of management and building his forces. His teammates will be the ground units, if he wants something done then he must ask his team to do it.

I just thought it would be nice to add something like this to WoT. Kind of like Tank Companies but with a twist.

Make it 15 vs 15. Each team has a commander and each commander gets to pick what tank you are going to use for the battle (he must be able to look at your garage). When the battle starts he will be given a view of the map like the one the arty has, and he will be able to give out orders to the team with an extended set of tools, not just pinging the map and talking, but actually selecting a unit from his team and making waypoints on the map for that unit to follow.

In the end, if his team wins then the commander will get a % of the total ammount of exp and credits his team got for the battle. Would be a change of pace for everyone, and something new to add to the game  :Smile_great:

Rick_500 #2 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Not a bad idea but i like fighting people with no plans. (Keeps my winrate from 46%)

CAMN #3 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
That's the beauty of it... you can still end up facing people who have a terrible commander. Giving out bad or confusing orders is worse than giving no orders at all.

paradat #4 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
What game is that?

Oceanlord1 #5 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
That would be sweet! Kinda like Tank Companies. I have a couple of suggestions:

1. To create the room, you wouldn't need to have a Premium account.

2. Whoever makes the room get Commander Control.

3. They can hand it over to another person without leaving and making a new room.

CAMN #6 Posted Nov 14 2012 - 20:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postparadat, on Nov 14 2012 - 20:41, said:

What game is that?

Spoiler