T34; why is it so bad?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic

dvang #241 Posted Feb 01 2013 - 21:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16115 battles

View PostJawaJesus, on Jan 29 2013 - 01:05, said:

I need some serious advice guys, I bought a T34 just the other day and I've got like a fuckin 24% rate with it :( to put it plainly I suck massive dicks at playing this tank compared to my 59% in my T29 (higher tier enemies etc). Can anyone point me in the direction of where I'd find "preferred hull down locations" per map? Because even when I try to go in support of other heavies like E-75's, and other tier 8/9's I just get blasted all to rat shit in the opening shots.

So anyone willing to help a self admitted but well meaning scrub improve his game?

- Unless you are far enough back that you know you won't be getting shot at... always pull back behind cover (or a friendly tank) while reloading. (Recommended even if in a hull-down position)
- Move forward just before you finish reloading, so that you are done reloading when you are out of cover. Take your shot and immediately pull back into cover.
- Never let yourself get outnumbered/surrounded.

Unlike a T29, the T34 has trouble playing like a heavy, simply because it is so slow and has such a long reload. You cannot be too aggressive with the T34, or else you'll get into trouble. It often takes some patience (as well as practice).

Unless you are the top heavy in the match, I'd recommend you start learning by playing the T34 like a true TD. Sit back a bit more and snipe from cover. You'll live a bit longer, and deal more damage.  Once you get a bit more experience, only then you can start trying to move with the front line heavies and supporting them in close. When/if you peek-a-boo, try to rock back and forth and draw the enemy's fire pre-emptively and make them miss, before you pull out to blast them.

KnightFandragon #242 Posted Feb 01 2013 - 23:22

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles
Gah, every time I think of the T34 in this game now, I cry inside.....it was a FUN tank to play.  now its a boring sit in the back TD.....it makes me cry inside every time...

SportyGuy #243 Posted Feb 02 2013 - 18:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34113 battles
T34 heavy premium:  Slow aiming speed and poor accuracy.  It's best as a hull down close up brawler where aiming speed isn't a factor.  Don't get caught in the open.

With distant targets, the aiming is so slow you get damaged while waiting for a tighter dispersion circle.  If the tank moves slightly the dispersion increases dramatically.  Not enough help in the aiming with having an Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, Ventilation, & Brothers In Arms.  If you don't take time to reduce the dispersion circle you will likely miss your distant target.

The up side of the T34, if you live long enough and hit your targets, you will likely earn a lot of credits because it's a premium tank.

21mercenary #244 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 22:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 11616 battles
  • [BAMF9] BAMF9

View PostBattlecruiser, on Nov 15 2012 - 00:42, said:

I leave in 7.5, come back, and now it's unbearably slow. what happened and why shouldn't I sell it?

It's so slow my average damage is 500-2000, because the game is over before I get to the fight, and the things I CAN shoot the gun usually misses.  It used to be good and now it's not, what happened?

that was in 7.5, and now I'm lucky If I can get it over 15 km/h ever, and it reloads so slow It's not worth it.

or am i just used to tanks I can do 8k damage a game in? idk..
people think t34 sucks.  god this is why i beleive humanity is stupidly hopeless.  The most unfair German made gun on a t8 american tank. As if its not bad enough the thing never bounces( so you dont have to aim)  Its stealth is better than the lowe's and view range doesnt make a diffenrence 100 % of the time.  The t34 always gets first shot off even against my ferdi( A TD which is supposed to have more stealth anyway.  T34 can hull down on almost any map!!! When its HUll DOwn its stealth goes up huge since only small amount stick up.  Hull Down effeciency of the t34 is to grand for any tank on the t8 battlefield.  T34 always can do 8k damage with only firing 16 shots.  lowe would have to shoot over 22...   NOt to mention T34 out snipes Lowe 100 percent of the time.  With all factors involved. Hull Down of in the Open.  T34 can set lowe on fire with ease from the first frontal pen.  The T34 with its Slower accuracy and aim time are no inconvienence, do to the fact t34 can hit anywere on a tank and do 400 plus damage and then safely repel with ease.  Its reload it fine you can go back take cover and poe out again when your ready for your 100 % htting shot.   Even with its less accuracy and aim time,  You only have to aim 3 seconds with your hull down and your doing 500 damage to your enemy safely. I think the reason we have here people not understanding the power of the t34 is cuz there just not a gamer.  I game hard and I know the lowe is not as good as the T34 let alone any T8.  ONLY FERDI Has a gun that can compare with T34 and the T34 guns has the nerve with its OP pen to say itsa T9 gun.  IT A american buy in tank so you like the game and it feels easier.  Having  a gun the rarely misses and bluncing only hapens on HUGE BS angles.  It alright I understand Americans need to be proud, but how much handi cap mode you need?

21mercenary #245 Posted Feb 03 2013 - 22:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 11616 battles
  • [BAMF9] BAMF9
Dude your shooting early not even give your gun a chance to get max hit chance, no wonder you think the tanks isnt good your not preforming it or yourself to 100 %

CrabEatOff #246 Posted Feb 04 2013 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 44569 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I found some peace with this tank this past weekend. Running it in complement to a good assault tank and driver, MaxL in the 110 (chinese tier 8) and EchelonIII in....whatever he felt like bringing. SU-122-44, T29, Lowe, some other stuff. I was able to play it a bit better with the practice the T29 has afforded me for finding hull down spots. The T34 still can't carry or flex...but put in the right situation it does hurt other tanks very very badly, and take relatively little damage in return. I could do with less shell dispersion on that 120 though.

Stageberg #247 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 07:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48005 battles

View Post21mercenary, on Feb 03 2013 - 22:51, said:

people think t34 sucks.  god this is why i beleive humanity is stupidly hopeless.  The most unfair German made gun on a t8 american tank. As if its not bad enough the thing never bounces( so you dont have to aim)  Its stealth is better than the lowe's and view range doesnt make a diffenrence 100 % of the time.  The t34 always gets first shot off even against my ferdi( A TD which is supposed to have more stealth anyway.  T34 can hull down on almost any map!!! When its HUll DOwn its stealth goes up huge since only small amount stick up.  Hull Down effeciency of the t34 is to grand for any tank on the t8 battlefield.  T34 always can do 8k damage with only firing 16 shots.  lowe would have to shoot over 22...   NOt to mention T34 out snipes Lowe 100 percent of the time.  With all factors involved. Hull Down of in the Open.  T34 can set lowe on fire with ease from the first frontal pen.  The T34 with its Slower accuracy and aim time are no inconvienence, do to the fact t34 can hit anywere on a tank and do 400 plus damage and then safely repel with ease.  Its reload it fine you can go back take cover and poe out again when your ready for your 100 % htting shot.   Even with its less accuracy and aim time,  You only have to aim 3 seconds with your hull down and your doing 500 damage to your enemy safely. I think the reason we have here people not understanding the power of the t34 is cuz there just not a gamer.  I game hard and I know the lowe is not as good as the T34 let alone any T8.  ONLY FERDI Has a gun that can compare with T34 and the T34 guns has the nerve with its OP pen to say itsa T9 gun.  IT A american buy in tank so you like the game and it feels easier.  Having  a gun the rarely misses and bluncing only hapens on HUGE BS angles.  It alright I understand Americans need to be proud, but how much handi cap mode you need?

YES we got a rant from a person who doesn't even have a T34.  I understand you should know how much armor it has, as you have probably driven against lots of T34s, but you can't say how it drives when you haven't driven it.  The T34 is a good tank... but you make it out to be a wonder tank, which it isn't.  You have to aim in the T34 just like any-other tank.  If you check the stats, the Lowe aims faster than the T34.

Edited by Stageberg, Feb 20 2013 - 21:53.

15th_Armored_division #248 Posted Feb 08 2013 - 23:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 18399 battles
  • [-TAZ-] -TAZ-
Bad I got a 60% Win Ratio on mine. It keeps going up and up. So does my credits

gunner0817 #249 Posted Feb 14 2013 - 20:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 24511 battles
Hello. I have this tank one day only but I like it despite I've read a lot of negative feedback about it. With 100% crew, GLD, vent and stabilizer it does damage anything in a very pleasant way. Sniping is awesome. Brawling? No problems. Just move back when reloading and watch your back. (This tank requires knowledge of maps). Much more survives compare to IS or KV's, especially with good platoon. The way more profitable but more important-it matches my play style. There is no bad tanks, just find one which suits you. I'm having fun with my T34 and that's what important. I recommend it to those who like sniping but understand importance of hiding for reload. It's gun angle, turret and accuracy is just sweeeet.

SkeletonDenial #250 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 01:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28604 battles
Learn to love the t34 and the t34 will love you back.

Posted Image

http://mwreplays.com/newreplaysimg/a62400f21cc3840f236b96bdf80c4187.png

olavski #251 Posted Feb 22 2013 - 16:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22929 battles
  • [TFZK] TFZK
I only have a few battles in it but so far I prefer this WAY over my Lowe.   Really.  
Since 8.x my Lowe seems to attract black holes or something, shells just disappear.   And the T34 is, compared to the Lowe, a very fast and agile tank.   :Smile_trollface-3:

Rammer or Vents (not sure yet)/GLD/VertStab will make this a very nice tank.

Savageone #252 Posted Feb 26 2013 - 09:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16301 battles
I quite enjoy my t34. I treat it like a larger retarded cousin to the t29 that packs a big punch. Worked out so far for me.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Balsafer #253 Posted Feb 26 2013 - 17:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22660 battles

View PostGasboy, on Nov 15 2012 - 00:48, said:

It is no slower than any of the other american heavies.

Wrong its a lot slower.

cruizrisner #254 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 11:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18715 battles
  • [G_W_S] G_W_S
after about 900 battles in my T34 idk what u r talking about saying its bad. its an awesome tank and i can do 3-4k dmg per battle easy with it. i can take on an is3 or tiger 2 in it and annihilate them.

DANGDONG #255 Posted May 05 2013 - 22:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 18435 battles
I find that after 8.5 it seems to have gotten a little worse.

CrabEatOff #256 Posted May 08 2013 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 44569 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I've found that the T34 is more workable now that Cola is available for credits.

Equipment: GLD, Vstab, Vents
Relevant Crew skills: BIA, Clutch, Offroad, Snapshot (will get smooth ride for 4th)
Consumables: gas, small repair kit, case of cola

The stacking of vents, BiA, and cola, is the base.

Combining those three with GLD & Vstab makes the aim-time more manageable. Using all 3 crew skill enhancers also makes the base accuracy of the gun 0.31, so there is more to work with when it comes to snapping off partially aimed shots.

Combining the crew skill base with 2 mobility focused driver skills and gas makes the maneuverability now workable. It can actually sidescrape before being flanked for example...

Losing 20k on the Cola and 5k on the gas means you break even after about 2.5 shots. As my average damage is about 1800 and rising, the profits from this tank are about the same as the IS-6 (using a mixed AP/APCR loadout). Purchasing Cola half off would significantly improve the credit margin, and using a fire extinguisher or med kit in place of the gas is also perfectly reasonable. Due to the prevalence of multiple crew death from SPGs, the Large Med Kit is probably a good choice, if just for the passive bonus.

C0DPIECE #257 Posted May 08 2013 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30101 battles

View PostBattlecruiser, on Nov 15 2012 - 00:42, said:

I leave in 7.5, come back, and now it's unbearably slow. what happened and why shouldn't I sell it?

It's so slow my average damage is 500-2000, because the game is over before I get to the fight, and the things I CAN shoot the gun usually misses.  It used to be good and now it's not, what happened?

that was in 7.5, and now I'm lucky If I can get it over 15 km/h ever, and it reloads so slow It's not worth it.

or am i just used to tanks I can do 8k damage a game in? idk..
Sell it, regret it.

C0DPIECE #258 Posted May 08 2013 - 17:42

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30101 battles

View PostAuraDesru, on Nov 15 2012 - 01:18, said:

lawl
slow
in
t34
Sells
gold tank...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
YOU MUST HAVE LOTS OF MONEY
EVEN IF YOU GOT IT BEFORE IT BECOME A GOLD TANK..
ITS A GOLD TANK..
YOU NEVER SELL GOLD TANKS....
ID RATHER GO BACK IN TIME AND BUY A T34 THEN THIS LOWE..
Why write down ? is your space bar broken ? there are two types of people who play WOT, kids and grown ups, kids play free because they to young to work and don't have money, grown ups work and can spend their money on whatever-the-fuck they like.
I by and sell tanks all the time, (takes in a deep breath) I have brought and sold the Russian Churchill 2 times, I have brought and sold the super pershing once, I have brought and sold the JT88 once (bad tank), I brought the Lowe and still have it (wow), I have brought and sold the kv-5 twice, I have brought and sold the t-14 twice, I have brought and sold the pz-4 two times, I ground the t-32 to get the t-34 thought is was crap and sold it and recently brought it again, I'm self employed, work hard and earn lots of money. Get a job.

dvang #259 Posted May 09 2013 - 23:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16115 battles

View Postfalcar, on May 08 2013 - 17:42, said:

Why write down ? is your space bar broken ? there are two types of people who play WOT, kids and grown ups, kids play free because they to young to work and don't have money, grown ups work and can spend their money on whatever-the-fuck they like.
I by and sell tanks all the time, (takes in a deep breath) I have brought and sold the Russian Churchill 2 times, I have brought and sold the super pershing once, I have brought and sold the JT88 once (bad tank), I brought the Lowe and still have it (wow), I have brought and sold the kv-5 twice, I have brought and sold the t-14 twice, I have brought and sold the pz-4 two times, I ground the t-32 to get the t-34 thought is was crap and sold it and recently brought it again, I'm self employed, work hard and earn lots of money. Get a job.

True to an extent. It is just odd... that you are willing to waste actual $$ selling and rebuying a vehicle that costs actual $$.  If you don't want to see it in your list, don't make it a priority tank and turn on the priority only. If you don't have room, it's cheaper to buy a new garage slot, than to rebuy a whole new T34.

Yes, it's your money to spend. It will still cause people to question your judgement, when you essentially throw away cash. Most people, even those adults with jobs, don't have spare income to feel comfortable doing that.  You shouldn't be surprised about it.

WoodWard_Wilson #260 Posted May 10 2013 - 15:32

Private

• Players
  • 1621 battles
  • [ISAF] ISAF
Don't sell the T34 dude you just have to play it differently now I was in a mid tier game in mine yesterday and I got 5 kills because I was playing it like all other American heavy's in a hull down position so all the enemies could do is bounce off the top of my turret. If anything use the T34 to accelerate your heavy tank crew skills. That's what I use it for, Crew skill training and Credit earner. Don't sell its amazing in the long run because as soon as you get the heavy tank gun rammer it actually seems like it can do some damage :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users