T34; why is it so bad?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic

KnightFandragon #21 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View PostBattlecruiser, on Nov 15 2012 - 01:13, said:

I imagine the amount of people who make themselves out to look like idiots will be around the same number.

in the past hour i've dropped a win% on it, and my average damage has become 900 a game, that is how bad this tank is.

Mmhmm, so the "slowness" of this tank is starting to really make itself apparent?  I have lost track of the number of T34s ive personally destroyed and the number ive seen my dad and others blow the hell out of.  Even my bro in a lowly T-34/57 blew one up..just sat there and fired at it.  On Test I sat right in front of one with my bro in a pair of comets...he fired once......and that was it...

The lack of everything.....its beginning to overshadow how awesome the gun supposedly is isnt it?

Battlecruiser #22 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:24

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View PostAuraDesru, on Nov 15 2012 - 01:18, said:

lawl
slow
in
t34
Sells
gold tank...
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
YOU MUST HAVE LOTS OF MONEY
EVEN IF YOU GOT IT BEFORE IT BECOME A GOLD TANK..
ITS A GOLD TANK..
YOU NEVER SELL GOLD TANKS....
ID RATHER GO BACK IN TIME AND BUY A T34 THEN THIS LOWE..

the lowe is much better, rapid fire means less openings for an enemy to take advantage of, better accuracy means less bounces better aim time, more hitpoints means a chance at getting one more shot off if you're surrounded. better armor, better traverse, better view range. plus it does substantially better on soft and marsh ground because the tracks are gigantic.

it used to be much better.

I've lost 2% of my win rate on it now, this is a joke. whatever the devs did to it ruined it.

Edited by Battlecruiser, Nov 15 2012 - 01:29.

Toasted_Rofls #23 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles
I do well enough in it. I don't think I could stand playing a Lowe, KV-5, or IS-6, but the T34 has three abuseable traits that raise its skill ceiling quite a bit, gun depression, turret armor, and a massive cannon that smacks away peoples HP with reliability and efficiency. As long as you never rely on your DPM, mobility, or hull armor, this tank can, and does work.

It makes a ton of credits, and in conjunction with my Type 59, gives me a varied, enjoyable, and effective way to produce credits. I think the problem is that people who play American heavies are not used to having the biggest, hardest hitting gun for their tier, and expect it to play like a T32 or T110E5, with good RoF, good aim times, usable hull armor, and good soft stats. The T34 doesn't have those, it has a gun that will go through the front of any tank in the game if aimed right, and an insane ability to generate credits.

Personally, I absolutely love abusing hull down tanks and I am able to make low RoF, high alpha/pen cannons work, so the T34 fits me fine. I'd rate it a more frustrating tank to play then the Type 59 however, and I'd certainly say that out of all the tier 8 premiums, the T34 is definitely one of the hardest to use effectively. Still, in the end, I can see no reason to sell it unless some other tier 8 premium comes out with medium tank like levels of mobility, or T34 levels of firepower. As you cannot buy any tanks that fit that description as of now, the T34 is the best option.

chris24l #24 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:34

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14691 battles
You can make what it's worth in a short amount of time. So the only reason to sell it would be for the slot. If you don't need a slot just let it sit. You never know they may buff it. Ok so I didn't see the video was 7.5 but still MM can be good to the T34. I like playing my t34.

pepe_trueno #25 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 41523 battles
i have to agree with the first post, in the transition between t9 tank to t8prem this tank was completly overnerfed, so yes it has awesome pen and alpha but what about the rest of the stats? is quite slow for a tank that only has armor in the mantelet and for those who say hull down and win, most hull down spots are open top =  :arta: . since that was not enought the turret traverse was nerfed to oblion and beyond so even a heavy can run circles around you. finaly the gun was olso trashed with the uber neft to reload, aimtime and to some degree the dispersion that seems to enjoy going everywhere exept the center.

considerng the stats and playstyle this tank seems to be more suited to be a td with lower hp but better soft stats in the gun.

Edited by pepe_trueno, Nov 15 2012 - 01:45.

Imprint_ThreeStones #26 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:43

Major

• Players
  • 20970 battles
  • [-MOE-] -MOE-
OP; Why are you so bad?

KnightFandragon #27 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postchris24l, on Nov 15 2012 - 01:34, said:

You can make what it's worth in a short amount of time. So the only reason to sell it would be for the slot. If you don't need a slot just let it sit. You never know they may buff it. Ok so I didn't see the video was 7.5 but still MM can be good to the T34. I like playing my t34.

They may buff it?! buff it? An American tank? I cant recall the last time i saw anything resembling a buff to a US tank.....

chris24l #28 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14691 battles
They buffed the t14 a couple patches ago with the MM.

KnightFandragon #29 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 4617 battles

View Postchris24l, on Nov 15 2012 - 02:09, said:

They buffed the t14 a couple patches ago with the MM.

That was a round about buff that affected every tank in the game, not specifically the T14.   Show me a patch note where they specifically buffed an attribute of a US Tank.

chris24l #30 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 02:27

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 14691 battles
The MM was adjusted for the t14, it's a buff to its earning ability.

Siranus #31 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 07:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11640 battles
Posted Image
Posted Image
Dunno but I love it prolly one of my best games today in it.

Toasted_Rofls #32 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 07:18

Major

• Players
  • 9759 battles
Tank works fine. Also, Siranus, learn2credit grind.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Siranus #33 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 09:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11640 battles
Yeah I know I do  :Smile_veryhappy:, but just saying the tank is enjoyable for me doesn't feel different.

Battlecruiser #34 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 21391 battles

View PostCarbonWard, on Nov 15 2012 - 01:43, said:

OP; Why are you so bad?

because i dont grind medium and champion tank companies against noobs to pad my stats, and sometimes accidentally into bad tanks that cant carry teams and continue to play them instead of using free xp.  honestly my efficiency is much better than this, I guess you could call it hiding my power level?

also, finding a single jewel in a sea of doo doo doesn't justify looking for jewels in a sea of doo doo. You're still covered in smelly poop after wasting who knows how much time.

IS-3 on the other hand, that tank has the finger of god attached to its turret.

N00BSAIB0T #35 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 20:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 59679 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
The T-34 is so bad in so many ways. This tank is terrible and I recommend against buying it. It was over nerfed and really needs some buffs to make it somewhat decent. I won't sell it as it's a gold tank, but I'm sure as hell glad that I didn't pay real money for it.

Its gun does good damage and good penetration but that's all it's good for. Terrible aim time and stupidly slow reload rate. It's reload for me is 12.38 seconds, and that's WITH 100% crew, rammer, and BIA!!! Imagine what can happen in 12.38 seconds (15 seconds without anything, btw, lol). Even worse, if you're ammo rack is hit and you can't repair it, then your reload rate is.................24+ seconds! Better not miss then.

Here's an example of how helpless you are when you're caught alone and on a bad team:

I was in a match on Abbey. I noticed that no one was going on the low road side, so I go down that way and ask for help. A tier 6 TD was nice enough to come along with me. We probably needed two more, but he was better than nothing despite asking for help multiple times. Most of our "team" decided to take up center and leave the hill side completely unattended too, fail team. What happened? We tried to defend low road but the enemy rushed it, 7 strong. I got off one shot for some good damage on an AMX light......... but that was it. In those 12.38 seconds, I was tracked and hit about 10+ times, and destroyed. The ally TD suffered the same fate, more or less. It would have been nice to get off a second shot on that AMX to kill him and help the team, but nope, 12.38 seconds is what you have at its best and it's simply not enough.

Just an example of what happens when you're caught alone or near alone in this tank. It's RIDICULOUSLY slow so retreat wasn't an option. One shot is all you have, everyone knows this tank's reload rate is between 12 and 15 seconds. You're done after your shot if you're alone against 2+ enemies. The tank is awful at maneuvering so retreat is never an option.

You need some really good team support to do well in this tank, and in random matches, you're at MM's mercy for getting team mates that can offer decent support. Otherwise, you are toast since everything is working against this tank.

wwii_fanatic #36 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 20:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26543 battles
The T34 I have actually found to be my new favorite premium tank. I used to not like it because I had it when it was tier 9 and i felt they destroyed it. However, after starting to recently play it, I have been enjoying it much more then my Lowe, and i have played all my matches in it in pubs. Sure, it may not be the fastest tank in the game, but it doesn't need to be with the role it is designed to play. It is designed to be a support tank with it's great gun in tier 8 matches. You can't expect to be a front line brawler all the time in it and expect to always do well in it. The gun has a pretty solid amount of accuracy and i find myself hitting targets pretty reliably at ranges over 300 meters. Stay back, snipe away, and stay hull down. There is no need to take this tank into close range combat if you can help it. You just have to understand the designated role of the tank. It doesn't need the speed because it is a support tank, and should only start closing in when your team has the numerical superiority. It is a fun tank to play, it just helps to understand what the role of this tank is so you know how to do well on it. Not every tank is designed to be a front line brawler, and this tank is the perfect example of one that isn't.

Stageberg #37 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 21:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48280 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
I understand feeling that the T34 is a bad tank after driving it before it was Prem.  I had the T34 before it was prem, I loved it, even though people dumped on it then too.. even more that they do now :) .  When I first drove it as a prem tank it felt like driving a snail with a supper slow reload and very slow aiming.  But I got over it, understanding that they took it down a tier.  Since then I have mastered the tank with higher than a 50% win ratio, and finishing on my Third skill on my crew.  Not to mention it makes ton on cash for me. :Smile_glasses:

Stageberg #38 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 21:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48280 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
As for the armor, it has the toughest tier 8 turret besides the KV-5.  the hull is soft like most US tanks

Okeano #39 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 21:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27231 battles
Painful painful tank to play -.- I'll take the T29 over this tank as tier 8 prem.

N00BSAIB0T #40 Posted Nov 15 2012 - 22:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 59679 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostStageberg, on Nov 15 2012 - 21:52, said:

I understand feeling that the T34 is a bad tank after driving it before it was Prem.  I had the T34 before it was prem, I loved it, even though people dumped on it then too.. even more that they do now :) .  When I first drove it as a prem tank it felt like driving a snail with a supper slow reload and very slow aiming.  But I got over it, understanding that they took it down a tier.  Since then I have mastered the tank with higher than a 50% win ratio, and finishing on my Third skill on my crew.  Not to mention it makes ton on cash for me. :Smile_glasses:

I have a 52% win rate in the tank and my crew is halfway into their 3rd skill. I know how to play this tank, it's a support tank, and you need to follow the brawlers at a distant and take shots of opportunity as they come up.

Problem is that you get teams that have no clue how to play, and even less clue to the T-34's drawbacks, so you're on your own plenty of times. When that happens, you get one shot and then 12+ seconds to reload. That 12 seconds is all they need to finish you off. And once you're at a specific area of a map, you're stuck there since you're too damn slow to relocate elsewhere.

Yes, they bumped it down a tier and nerfed it accordingly, but they went too damn far with the nerf bat. This thing needs SOME chance of getting off a second shot before dying. Right now the RoF is absurd at best. Let's not even go into it's slow speed, turret traverse, aim time, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users