Global map being monopolized? Can it be fair?

global map monopolized unfair provinces more room taxes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
660 replies to this topic

Brooklyn_Express #1 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 19657 battles
  • [R-A-B] R-A-B

POPULAR

I've been playing this game for a year....And participating in clan wars for 8 months. I'm an average player at best and know it. I built a clan a year after the game was released off of beta and have taken land many times....Small pieces of land. 6 provinces tops. Never held land more than a week and probably never will with the way the stage has been set here. Does anyone realize that the map is dominated by less than 1 percent of the clans on this server? And its the same way on all the other servers.
Does Wargamming realize that the other 99.5% of the clans is what brings them there main profit?
Well I'm not here to take any credit away from the hard work and skill level of these top ten elite clans that own the entire map and all there sub divisions that fill in the cracks. But i am here to discuss how this should be leveled out a bit without destroying the fabric and competitiveness of clan wars in a whole.
From what i see wrong with clan wars as it stands right now:
#1 There's not enough room on the global map...if your gonna call it a global map why don't you make it the entire globe? If Wargammings budget only allows a certain amount of gold to be paid out to clans owning provinces then cut current values of provinces by 50% and double provinces.....No one loses. Wargamming or the majority of players. It also gets another 9.5 percent of clans on the map which brings a fair 10 percent of competition to be established over time. They will be able to establish themselves properly now. But That is only one of two steps that needs to take place to bring a fresh level of competition to the global map stage.
#2 A five level system of taxation on provinces. Let me explain. You cant increase the size of the global map and think that will fix the current issue taking place. you actually make it worse....clans with 15 to 25 provinces will just increase there size to 30 to 40 provinces if the map doubled.....like sharks. Thus, you need a tax and revolt system put in place where if you own a province you need to keep 15 chips on it to tax it fully.....and 10 to retain and tax it minimally. If not it revolts because you dont have adequate forces to maintain order in the province you got in your control. What does this mean? A clan with 100 chips with the best players in the world can hold a max of 10 provinces and only tax them minimally. They would gravitate to high value provinces and away from landing areas.They would not want to have several 10 chip provinces next to a landing. There would be a big fine or punishment for a province revolting. Clans will then have the option of leaving a province "unowned". The best clans will own high value areas which is fair for there level of skill and training and others will get in where they fit in depending on how much work they apply to their cause. It's that simple.
Now i know the big elite clans farming over 10,000 gold a day will not like this at all...in there eyes they feel its only right that they should be able to control 95 percent of the map. To tell you the truth if i had it my way they would continue to make the same level of gold if Wargamming increased it's payout budget from provinces owned on the global map. But it's not right only .5 percent of it go to such a small elite population. the only way to prevent this game from becoming another EVE is to allow new up incoming clans have a better stage to establish them selves properly. No one clan no matter how good the players are should be able to control more than a certain amount of land...I have no problem with them controlling the most valuable because they deserve it. The big money these elite clans strive for should be paid to them in regular tournaments held monthly....and hey...pay these guys some cash man...they deserve it. But level out the global map a bit. There should be a place for at least 10 percent of the clans in this game that spend good money and make this game what it is....You only can suppress the masses so long before we either stop spending money or move on like most of us did when EVE's bubble burst.
Remember people.....elite and noob....and everyone in the middle which makes this game what it is....they are tying all gold up into a central system for all three games: "WOT,WOWP and WOWS....If this "Beta" clan wars system is not leveled out and continues to only cater to that elite .5% how long do you think it will take before the masses move on to another hot game that gives the core a more level playing field to compete off of....
Please all insults, curses and other forms of flattery please forward to my lawyer......he sucks. I promise you wont get in trouble. Rolf!
I want to hear from all three levels of players and clans.....Elite,average and noob...and how you think we can find that fair balance.
Message me if you like my idea's to level the global map and ill add you to the petition i'm submitting to Wargamming's corporate. join the movement to save this game.

Edited by Brooklyn_Express, Nov 16 2012 - 20:52.

Mass_ #2 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 10967 battles
  • [BT] BT
Its what happens when everyone is friends with everyone else

JoeBobRiggs #3 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 36465 battles
If you have really been playing since BETA the you know what NASA did for the global map. Pay attention. It is controlled by good clans. Sorry your clan can't win a landing. Considering I was in clans that controlled a good 12 territories when they were good. You have to have balls is all in a clan....

Brooklyn_Express #4 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 19657 battles
  • [R-A-B] R-A-B

View PostJoeBobRiggs, on Nov 16 2012 - 09:29, said:

If you have really been playing since BETA the you know what NASA did for the global map. Pay attention. It is controlled by good clans. Sorry your clan can't win a landing. Considering I was in clans that controlled a good 12 territories when they were good. You have to have balls is all in a clan....
Your cool! I hope to become as good as you one day! And read as good as you to! Learn to read topic properly then give some input that matters...

dauki #5 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:42

Private

• Players
  • 6387 battles
i agree they should add more land to take. to increase competition were the other clans have a chance to gain it before the bigger clans can take it so they have a reasonable chance to get some land to hold it

taker23 #6 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 42037 battles
I feel making the global map a true global map would benefit the game dramaticly,as far as joebobriggs comment on winning a landing we win landings all the time what brook is sugesting is making it more fair for newer clans to grab a piece of the land % and be able to keep it , the elite clans are more experienced and have a monopoly on the current map as it stands.

Brooklyn_Express #7 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 19657 battles
  • [R-A-B] R-A-B

View PostMass_, on Nov 16 2012 - 09:18, said:

Its what happens when everyone is friends with everyone else
  Do you think there's a solution or should it continue the way it is?

StormDagger #8 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 09:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48584 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS
Wall of text...hurts my brain!

However I understand the gist of what you are saying and I agree.

TL:DR version; Double the number of provinces, 1/2 the payout of each province and put in place a mechanism that requires Clans to actively hold thier conquered territories (by having a minimum number of chips on them).

The revolt mechanism can be as simple as losing income from a territoriy if it is not occupied and if it goes unoccupied for a number of turns it becomes neutral (I would think the Clan would get some kind of warning like "Territory in revolt, place X chips in territory or lose it next turn!").

Abject_McDeath #9 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:01

Major

• Players
  • 26320 battles
U mad,Bro?

Danger_Weasel #10 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17873 battles
  • [KNOX] KNOX
ah, good ol EVE, miss those days when I was a part of Space monkeys alliance and part of the NC with goonsquad...till the russians finally took out most all the alliances and everything fell apart, game was excellent up to that point. i often think of going back to that game just to see how things turned out for everyone. have alot of friends in goons, as the corp i was in was founded by a alt of a goon member.

Edited by Danger_Weasel, Nov 16 2012 - 10:03.

Brooklyn_Express #11 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 19657 battles
  • [R-A-B] R-A-B

View PostAbject_McDeath, on Nov 16 2012 - 10:01, said:

U mad,Bro?
lol not mad at all man....just a fair guy that wants a fair playing field. I give the utmost respect to the elite. It's a lil outta control now though.

Abject_McDeath #12 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:08

Major

• Players
  • 26320 battles

View PostBrooklyn_Express, on Nov 16 2012 - 10:04, said:

lol not mad at all man....just a fair guy that wants a fair playing field. I give the utmost respect to the elite. It's a lil outta control now though.

if you dont like it
quit clan
make new clan
recruit unicum players
then Profit.  :Smile_trollface-3:

Poultryphile #13 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16327 battles
Sounds good.

Denman #14 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15593 battles
Well our Clan is a bit the same. Taken landings. Held max of 10 (admittedly shitty) provinces & been on & off the European map a bit lately.
I think the taxation / uprising idea has got real merit. Perhaps 10 chips might be too high a minimum stack but I guess we're just spit-balling at this stage.
The idea itself is sound & deserves WG's consideration.

Danger_Weasel #15 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17873 battles
  • [KNOX] KNOX
Well with the clan im in [ADD] we held the most land in africa for the longest time till we decided to try out europe. so we packed up and tried it out, the problem with the northern areas is if you want to stay you really have to be invited. Europe is all diplomacy and the clans there decide if they will allow you to stay, or they will all turn on you and run you out. No matter how many landings we took and spread from there we would get ran off quickly by more than one clan, and diplomacy didnt help, they just wernt interested. So we ended up going to the middle east where we now hold land again. It is not the battles that ran us out, it is the clans helping each other.

The problem is not the amount of land, It is the diplomacy. alot of clans hold more land then they could really defend, and it is thier allies that help each other keep it this way. WG could not tell everyone you cant be allies.

as an old EVE player that was part of the goonwaffes alliances i can easily tell you there is strength in numbers and having many allies, and since you have played that game you should realize the problem is not the land. Have you ever explored alot of Nullsec? When the corp i was in was still small we were always looking for a place in nullsec to live, there are tons of empty systems you could live in withought any Pos in the system. Certain areas of nullsec were very crowded, while the further out you got in some areas were nearly all empty, usually becuase the money to be made there was low, and areas with alot of money to be made were busy and needed alliances to keep control. Same rule appplies here.

SonOfHail #16 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20066 battles
I agree with you in the terms of enlarging the map. Bigger map = more opportunity for smaller clans to get on the map and hold land. On the other hand, the big clans that hold 10+ pieces of land have been doing something right. If it is being able to field full teams night to night, and having the perfect strats with experienced FCs, or having diplomacy, they deserve to be on the map and hold as many pieces as they want. If other clans don't like that, rise to the occasion and fight them on their level. Clan wars is a competitive environment, and the strongest will win and survive as you can see.

Danger_Weasel #17 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17873 battles
  • [KNOX] KNOX

View PostSonOfHail, on Nov 16 2012 - 10:23, said:

I agree with you in the terms of enlarging the map. Bigger map = more opportunity for smaller clans to get on the map and hold land. On the other hand, the big clans that hold 10+ pieces of land have been doing something right. If it is being able to field full teams night to night, and having the perfect strats with experienced FCs, or having diplomacy, they deserve to be on the map and hold as many pieces as they want. If other clans don't like that, rise to the occasion and fight them on their level. Clan wars is a competitive environment, and the strongest will win and survive as you can see.

well said... I have heard they will someday add more to the global map, just no date on that yet

Otter_von_Bismarck #18 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:25

Captain

• Players
  • 15302 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Only 10% of the people playing this game are good, thus it's logical that only a small number of clans will be as well. Don't like it? Don't suck. This game is easy, there are no excuses for being bad. If you're bad then you're bad by choice.

That being said, I do feel more territory should be openned up so we could see more clans and more fights. Too many clans farm with impunity, we should at least make them fight for their gold. =P

xthetenth #19 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14633 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
1% of the clans have 99% of the gold.

#OCCUPYWG.NET

Bring friends, make friends and bring a lot of teams. At the end of the day if the other side's got more teams (and I mean real teams, good tankers and a good battle caller, not 15 guys in tier tens, anyone can bring a tank after all this time), they're going to walk all over your face, not let you get anywhere and then get right back to farming. Anyone who can't take their friends and stand up for themselves enough to make taking them on a real hassle is going to get mapped.

Brooklyn_Express #20 Posted Nov 16 2012 - 10:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 19657 battles
  • [R-A-B] R-A-B

View PostDenman, on Nov 16 2012 - 10:17, said:

Well our Clan is a bit the same. Taken landings. Held max of 10 (admittedly shitty) provinces & been on & off the European map a bit lately.
I think the taxation / uprising idea has got real merit. Perhaps 10 chips might be too high a minimum stack but I guess we're just spit-balling at this stage.
The idea itself is sound & deserves WG's consideration.
   yes im just throwing a number when i mean 10 chips to hold a province with minimum taxes implemented...Wargamming would have to tweak that to make it work.....but you must remember you dont want any single clan holding to many provinces....if your gonna keep tanks historical then you must make holding territory accurate also....you need forces to hold and maintain order.

Also tagged with global, map, monopolized, unfair, provinces, more, room, taxes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users