www.NoobMeter.com - WoT performance rating (player comparison tool)

performance efficiency rating comparison tool noobmeter www.noobmeter.com

• Please log in to reply
1889 replies to this topic

DracoArgentum #1841 Posted Sep 11 2013 - 08:31

Major

• Players
  • 12103 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5

View PostNoobMeter, on Sep 10 2013 - 08:24, said:

Done :)

Awesome, Thanks NM.

Tazilon #1842 Posted Oct 06 2013 - 23:19

Major

• Players
  • 51967 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View PostNoobMeter, on Nov 19 2012 - 15:58, said:

Update 23-Jan - added support for WN6 rating.

Also for whoever has a long battle history in the database now the PR for last ~1000 battles appears as well in the profile.

Also there is now signature support for registered players, and automatic nightly updates of stats for registered players with a linked WoT account.

Update 5-Jan - Moved NoobMeter to new server.

New feature -  Inputting two or three names (delimited by commas, spaces, whatever) brings up a comparison screen.

Update 23 Dec - scatter charts for clans.

Update 20-Dec: Added more kinds of server top lists. Also tried to make sure users with US locale get NA server in dropdown by default, not sure if succeeded.

Update 18-Dec: added graphs in player and recent result pages if enough data is available

Update 16-Dec: added initial support for viewing your recent results in slightly more detail (if it is available in database).

Update 12-Dec - Added viewing by clan (only for players in DB / viewed since clan viewing was added).

Update 01-Dec: Added "Server Top" feature (from players updated in the database).

Update 24-Nov: Now showing Performance Rating for recent battles for those players who have at least 25 of them in the database. Due to sample size, of course, results can vary.

Update 20-Nov: new version deployed with:
  • Significantly lowered impact of winrate compared to damage
  • Completely rewritten / improved / largely eliminated "penalties" mechanism
  • Now showing rating descriptions in results screen (subject to change)
Update 11-Dec: New version in, fixes some issues with people's alt accounts getting to top of server list fairly easily. Should not have no impact whatsoever on most peoples ratings.

Greetings,

We've developed an early version of performance rating, and it's available at

http://www.noobmeter.com/

Remember to pick "NA" server in drop-down for results for this server.

Q. What is this?
A. This site calculates the "performance rating" for the World of Tanks players you specify.
It is currently in alpha stage (early release).

Q. What is the performance rating?
A. It is a calculated value assessing the player skill, based on an assessment of the tanks the player is playing, the damage dealt (considering tanks played!) and the win rate.

Q. How is the performance rating better than efficiency rating?
A. It is a more accurate assessment of player skill, as it focuses on two values which are hard to boost together - damage dealt, and win rate (CW/TC can boost win rate but will lower damage dealt). A player generally cannot improve these two values without directly helping his team, thus there is no way to selfishly inflate the performance rating values.

Q. What are the issues with efficiency rating?
A. Efficiency rating is flawed in many ways and allows players to boost it if they focus on simply doing things which increase the efficiency rating.
In particular, it over-values capping and initial spotting, and players who mostly worry about efficiency rating ruin games for others by 'ninja-capping' or 'suicide-spotting'.
For example, a player  on the EU server has the absurd efficiency rating of 16,505 attained in exactly one battle in a 'loltractor'. Such examples are plenty.

Q: Many players with high efficiency rating also have a high performance rating, so what is the point?
A: Good players that care for their team and help winning have both high efficiency rating and performance rating. Only players who artificially boost their efficiency without helping their team get a lower performance rating.
So for the majority of players these two values will indeed correlate.

Also note that the scales of ER and PR are different (see below)!

Q. Can you publish the exact formula for performance rating?
A. Not at this point. It is a complex algorithm, not a formula, so would involve publishing the source code.

However, the main things it looks at are:
  • What damage have you done? This has the most impact, and is evaluated considering what tanks/tiers are played.
  • What is your win-rate?
It also does some adjustments in case of very low number of battles played and other special cases.

Q. I think the performance rating of player X is wrong, it should be higher/lower.
A. Please post the player name in this discussion thread and we will evaluate.

Q. What are some general guidelines for evaluating performance rating?
A. In general, although these may be reevaluated later:
  • Less than 1150 - bad player
  • 1150 to 1250 - below average player
  • 1250 to 1450 - average player
  • 1450 to 1750 - good player
  • 1850 to 1950 - great player
  • 1950 to 2000 - excellent player
  • More than 2000 - "Unicum"
Q. Can you add parameter X to the performance rating?
A. WarGaming only publishes a limited set of data to their web site, which limits the options. Of these, we have chosen the parameters that are the most relevant to evaluating player performance, and ignored others such as initial spotting, cap points and average experience as they are either too easy to boost or are too inconsistent (e.g., depend on presence of premium account).

Q. Why are you not including kills per battle?

A. Kills are sufficiently accounted for in damage and winrate. Any kill helpful to the battle effort will indirectly raise the winrate and any kill by definition increases damage.

It just introduces another variable to muddle things up for no great advantage. And it could encourage someone to actively kill-steal.

Q. Why are you not including defence points?

A. Any defence helpful to the battle effort will indirectly raise the winrate, and is thus already accounted for in the rating.

Including it could encourage people to "farm" defence points by waiting for enemy to cap longer before resetting if the situation permits doing it safely.

Q. Why are some people so angry in this thread and/or are trolling?

Usually, because their performance rating is lower than they believe they deserve. And usually that is because they have gamed / boosted their efficiency rating.

We'll be very interested to hear your comments!

Where is Spotting factored in?  As a Scout, I spot tanks, you shoot them.  You get great numbers - I get nothing; ergo..useless.

Allurai #1843 Posted Oct 06 2013 - 23:20

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 19261 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostTazilon, on Oct 06 2013 - 23:19, said:

Where is Spotting factored in?  As a Scout, I spot tanks, you shoot them.  You get great numbers - I get nothing; ergo..useless.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
Tazilon you should prolly do some reading up on WN8 before we go through all of this again.

DracoArgentum #1844 Posted Oct 07 2013 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 12103 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5

View PostAllurai, on Oct 06 2013 - 23:20, said:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
Tazilon you should prolly do some reading up on WN8 before we go through all of this again.

And Congress should be able to pass a budget.

NoobMeter #1845 Posted Oct 17 2013 - 08:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9 battles
WG has managed to lose the clan membership in their JSON feed (at least for EU server). I'm looking at work-arounds.

NoobMeter #1846 Posted Oct 17 2013 - 10:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9 battles
Missing clans should be fixed now.

Wandorf #1847 Posted Nov 07 2013 - 20:24

Staff sergeant

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 10610 battles
  • [BADGR] BADGR

View PostNoobMeter, on Oct 17 2013 - 10:40, said:

Missing clans should be fixed now.

Renamed clans dont seem to be showing up.
<---This one specifically

DracoArgentum #1848 Posted Nov 08 2013 - 10:16

Major

• Players
  • 12103 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5
Is there a problem with WN8 calcs? I had a couple low days that slammed my 1k games rating. How_Terrible posted in another thread that his recent games seemed excessivly high.

paradat #1849 Posted Nov 12 2013 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 25463 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
Love your site. For some reason my M6A2E1 does  not show up in my stats.

Driftin #1850 Posted Nov 13 2013 - 23:55

Major

• Players
  • 18828 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
I have not been able to log in to upload replays for last 2 days. Not sure how long it has been an issue since I haven't tried uploading one in a while. I get  log in failed error when trying my google or WG NA log in. Any ideas anyone??

Fastbrew #1851 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 03:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 2888 battles
Yo - I changed my gamer name on the WoT site and now I can't login any longer.
My old name is Br4sst4x and the new one is Fastbrew.

I tried clearing cookies but when I hit login using NA - I get the message:
The following errors occured:
Login failed

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Praematura #1852 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 15:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11281 battles
  • [CB] CB
I use Noobmeter, thanks for putting up this great resource. Keep up the good work!

Everpest #1853 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 15:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13163 battles
  • [ALLOY] ALLOY
My "I wish" list is not related to this tool directly - but to WG and to the availability of data gnerally.
I wish:
(1)  We had access to the ammunition fired.
(2)  We had access to the modules installed.
(3)  We had access to the crew level.
(4)  We had access to the upgrade level of the tank.
You'd have to be clever about how you evaluate / implement this, but it could all be captured - if WG provided it.  Clearly there is a huge difference between someone rolling a stock T4 tank with a 70% crew, no modules, and standard ammo, versus someone rolling a 2nd gen T4 using an experienced crew at 300% (100% base with two full perks), all modules, all upgrades, firing gold.  With the exact same player rolling both tanks they experience a huge difference in results - even though they have the same underlying skill level.
As someone who fires standard ammo on a general basis, I am amazed to see that in some pub battles fully 50% of ammo used by other players is gold.  It clearly impacts kills (and win rates) and yet I would argue doesn't make you a "better" or worse player related to your skills.  Just like we all know those tanks on the development tree where 50% of your battles (until elite) will be fought without a big gun.  I have seen my player scores almost double once I have a big gun that does 50% more damage alpha, and pens, versus the starting gun...

cmagrad #1854 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 16:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 16003 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO
I've been getting "Login Failed" for the last 3 days even though I am logged into WG.
Is there an issue that I need to be aware of?

RipTanksThanksTelia #1855 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 16:21

Major

• Players
  • 10937 battles
  • [IS6] IS6
same. login error on na server.

CanadianGuitar #1856 Posted Nov 14 2013 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 18206 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5

View Postcmagrad, on Nov 14 2013 - 16:16, said:

I've been getting "Login Failed" for the last 3 days even though I am logged into WG.
Is there an issue that I need to be aware of?

View Postzadnici, on Nov 14 2013 - 16:21, said:

same. login error on na server.
Ditto
Edit: also tried using my EU and SEA accounts to log in, still failed login

Edited by CanadianGuitar, Nov 14 2013 - 20:23.

blugecko #1857 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 06:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 10760 battles
like everyone else, i'm unable to log into noobmeter to upload a replay using the NA server authentication

The following errors occured:
    Login failed

eblingus #1858 Posted Nov 16 2013 - 16:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 9902 battles
  • [TBOLT] TBOLT
Your work is awesome.  Thanks!
Can you tell me why I am not ranked for the BT-7?  I have 100+ games, win rate 65%

Also, regarding the Wn8 numbers by tank, it would be way cool to add that to the personal page, so for each of my tanks, it lists my numbers and the Wn8 numbers for that tank (http://www.noobmeter.com/tankList).  Oh, and the option to select how many games (last 100, 1000, etc.) to show.  I mainly want to see my stats by tank, as I know I am much better with some, than others, so overall ratings mean little to me.  Also, I want to see if my numbers by tanks are actually improving over time, so being able to select a scale is important too.

Sorphius #1859 Posted Nov 18 2013 - 20:42

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6411 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
I had my account wiped in late August-early September, and ever since then Noobmeter has been essentially frozen in time, displaying my old stats as of late August.  Is there a way to update things on Noobmeter's end so that I can track my stats on the site again?

NoobMeter #1860 Posted Nov 19 2013 - 09:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9 battles
Log-on errors should be fixed now.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users