red alert eva voice mod replacement command and conquer C&C

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Vixatious #1 Posted Nov 20 2012 - 15:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17289 battles
Red Alert 1 Crew Voice And Music Pack.

A product of a few helpful tutorials, searches, and patience.
I've put together a voice mod for the tank crew using RED ALERT's EVA voice recordings, extracted from the old game's audio files.

I'm hoping old RA fans would enjoy this little modification with the old Red Alert feel to it.

I've doctored multiple audio tracks using Audacity to try an fill up all the necessary voice slots.

I also made a music pack with Red Alert 1 music from the original game and its expansion packs (Retaliation, Aftermath, and Counter-Strike).

Voice mod download link:
[edit]: Made a few minor changes.

http://www.gamefront...e Red Alert.rar

Music mod download link:

http://www.gamefront...t Music mod.rar

Alternatively you can also use Panzergoob's RA-1 music mod, He had also created a Tiberian Dawn music mod if you are interested:
Forum link

I'll post a proper video demonstrating once I find a recording program that doesn't drop me down to 4 fps, but for now, this is the kind of voice that I used. For those who don't know.

-Installation-

1. Go to your WoT directory (like "C:\Program Files\World of tanks"), then go into the folder called "res"
2. In the Res Folder Copy the "Audio" folder.
3. Then go to the "res_mods\0.8.1" folder, and paste the Audio folder inside.
4. After downloading the mod's archive, extract the two "ingame_voice" files from it.
5. Copy the two files, and paste them in the "res_mods\0.8.1\Audio" folder. (replace the existing files).

Same thing with the Music mod.

-Uninstallation-

Delete the two "ingame_voice" and/or the "Music" files, or the Audio folder from the 0.8.1 folder.

Special thanks to NoblePlatoon for his tutorials, really simplified the technical process for me, check it out in case your interested to making these yourself.
http://forum.worldof...er-random-mods/

Edited by Vixatious, Jan 20 2013 - 20:49.

XXXTentacigone #2 Posted Nov 20 2012 - 15:43

Captain

• Players
  • 53388 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
sounds cool but how would most of those voices work ingame..

Vixatious #3 Posted Nov 20 2012 - 15:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17289 battles

View PostCheekyman, on Nov 20 2012 - 15:43, said:

sounds cool but how would most of those voices work ingame..

I edited some of them to fit, but I chose the sound files in a way that would make sense.

Panzergoob #4 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 00:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2249 battles
You need to make a guide detailing when and which sound-clips are used.

Also, would you mind making a Red Alert 1 music mod to go with this? Including music from Counterstrike, The Aftermath, and Retaliation

Vixatious #5 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 10:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17289 battles

View PostPanzergoob, on Nov 25 2012 - 00:57, said:

You need to make a guide detailing when and which sound-clips are used.

Also, would you mind making a Red Alert 1 music mod to go with this? Including music from Counterstrike, The Aftermath, and Retaliation

Making an RA 1 Music mod is on my to do list, I still have to get the expansion pack music though, I have the RA1's music but they are not enough.

As for the guide, I guess I'll make one in due time, I'm currently knee deep in work to do anything for a while.

Wooot #6 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 19:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 16628 battles
This voice mod works!  I already had the game sounds adjusted for Duke Nukem voice mod.  I like the sayings for each type of instance.  One example is penetrating an enemy's tank, "enemy structure infiltrated".

Vixatious #7 Posted Jan 19 2013 - 19:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17289 battles
Added Red Alert music to compliment the voice pack, or to be used separately =)

Also if someone could point me to a video recording program that is not resource heavy on my weak laptop I will gladly upload a video demonstrating the mods.

Also tagged with red, alert, eva, voice, mod, replacement, command, and, conquer, C&C

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users