> The T25/2 Review <

T25/2 Review Video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

IceCorp #1 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 06:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Take a medium tank with damaged turret traverse and upgrade the gun – This is the T25/2.
Others have long claimed that the T25/2 is inferior to its counterparts of other nations, and while that may be true, it’s still playable to an extent.

The stock engine is adequate until it can be upgraded to provide medium tank levels of mobility. In addition, the turret mantlet can now withstand much higher tier penetration guns. Of course, there are also the flaws. Our health and armor increase are both meaningless, as we now face tier 8 and even tier 9 enemies. Equipping a mere 160mm penetration gun when stock doesn’t make things any better either. This weakness, however, is also our strength. While other tanks start off bad and get better with upgrades, we start somewhere in between and stay there forever.

Pitted against tanks of equal or lesser tier, this tank performs moderately well, but that is only expected from a “top tier” tank. It is in higher tier battles that this tank suffers.

Any good player will tell you to aim for weak spots, the only problem is, they just aren’t “weak” enough for the T25/2. While aiming at a T29’s lower glacis is viable, it doesn’t work for the large majority of the enemies that we now face. Even upgraded, the gun only boasts 170mm penetration, which is insufficient for our frequent frontal encounters with the Tiger II, IS-3, and even the Lowe. This leaves us with only two options: attempt a flanking manoeuvre or be destroyed. With the abysmal turret traverse, it becomes necessary to pre-traverse the turret before flanking, a luxury we rarely have. In addition, our inferior armor offers us little protection against enemies returning fire, quickly leading to our demise.

In the time leading up to the T25/2 grind, I’ve heard nasty stories about how horrible the tank is, but times change, and for this tank, for the better. With the recently added option to purchase premium shells for credits, no more are we simply free EXP for higher tier tanks. Instead, we now pose a threat.

Of course, the changes to the matchmaker have also stopped us from seeing tier 10 tanks, which we would have been completely useless against, even when firing APCR.

This is the T25/2, inferior to its counterparts of other nations, but still playable to an extent.
If you’re looking for a fun tank to play, look elsewhere.

MisterPatriot #2 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 06:47

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles
TL;DR Version:
The tank sucks.

Superspeed007 #3 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 07:02

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles

View PostM18HellCat, on Nov 25 2012 - 06:47, said:

TL;DR Version:
The tank sucks.

what he said

Rexxie #4 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 07:15

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yep. It's pretty bad. Of course its usable, any TD is, but this is the ultimate "turn a good TD player into your average mouthbreathing pubbie" tank.

The DPM is annoyingly low. You'd think a tank that gives up alpha and pen would do great damage over time... unfortunately, no. The DPM isn't much better then the Hellcat's. In fact, the only difference between the Hellcat and T25/2's weaponry is .30 extra RPM and 10 more pen. Nothing else changes. It's a huge step back in weaponry.

The armor is useless. The sides and back have no armor at all and will almost always be penned by arty. The upgraded turret does nearly nothing to help this; any t5 arty will go right through the roof. The frontal armor will bounce T4 light tanks... and nothing else. Don't even bother angling it, even against tier 5s; it won't do crap. The mantlet is american, which is good, but not good enough. In terms of the ability to take shots, it ties the hellcat. While having actual front armor to bounce HE shells, it is a much larger target, which undoes any advantage in durability it had.

The speed is garbage. Sure, you can go down hills fast, but you're infinitely less agile then the Hellcat. The agility is about Jagdpanther-level, and there's nothing special here. You turn slow, you accelerate slow, you rotate your turret slowly. Another huge step backwards.

You are, at best, a stock tier 7 TD in terms of capability. Good luck with it.

Riceygringo #5 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 18:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Stop comparing it to the hellcat, which in itself is a borderline OP tank.

Compared to other tier 7 TDs, it's got the best gun depression, allowing it to abuse than trollish mantlet. The armor is equal to any other TD, penned by arty far too often. It's far better than the SU-152 unless you are willing to burn gold shooting heat with the derp gun. The turret may turn slowly, but even if it's 1 degrees per second you are nowhere nearly as vulnerable as other TDs to flanking tanks

Rexxie #6 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 20:27

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
The T25/2 is junk compared to the other tier 7 TDs. Low DPS, low alpha, low pen, poor armor, large.

Honestly if I hear someone say the T25/2 comes anywhere near the T25 AT, SU-152, or Jagdpanther I'm going to explode. T7 TDs are as a whole great, this is the odd man out.

Dieago #7 Posted Nov 26 2012 - 15:17

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
ROFL@gun depression. It has some, not as much as you are claiming though...I swear I thought I was playing a russian tank today on Erlenberg when I tried to go hull down. I pretty much had to crest that hill to be able to shoot down. Currently stalking T25/2 topics for insight.

Elbow #8 Posted Nov 26 2012 - 15:28

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRiceygringo, on Nov 25 2012 - 18:03, said:

Stop comparing it to the hellcat, which in itself is a borderline OP tank.

It's far better than the SU-152 unless you are willing to burn gold shooting heat with the derp gun.

Uhm NO! The SU-152 has access to a much better 122mm gun that puts out huge DPM with 5mm more pen. Second the 152mm derp gun doesn't need gold to hit hard. I ran it with HE and would regularely take 200-300hp chunks off of tanks of any tier from any side. The JagdPanther has the same mobility as the T25/2 but much better gun. Heck even the SU-122-44 I just bought is better.

The T25/2 can excel at supporting a team in a tier 7 match but past that it really strugles. I have had a good deal of solid games in it but there are so many games that I just can't contribute due to the low DPM and low pen. If it only ever saw tier 8 or 7 matches it would be alright but that isn't the case.

Jbloser6 #9 Posted Nov 26 2012 - 19:57

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
This td is terrible.....ive never been more frustrated then while playing this turd. Its not a stand out at anything, its just "average".   Oh well when i get the t25/2 blues i just jump over to my jagdpanther   :Smile_Default:

Edited by Jbloser6, Nov 26 2012 - 19:58.