Jump to content


How to Install Tank Skins

skins tanks instalation tutorial

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

BRS357 #1 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 08:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4156 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012
I was wondering how to install tank skins. I could never find the tutorail on the right update and i really want to change my tank skins. Can some one help me?

McBaconater #2 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 08:35

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 9900 battles
  • 781
  • Member since:
    09-06-2011
Try youtube , there is most likely tons of vids on doing it .

SpudNuts #3 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 08:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17724 battles
  • 244
  • [3DACR] 3DACR
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
Look through the stuff at this link
http://forum.worldof...cussion-guides/

Raindrops #4 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 08:53

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8114 battles
  • 1,050
  • [EDF] EDF
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
There really isn't a need for a guide on "installing" tank skins - because it's so easy to do.

To replace a skin, simply download the new .dds files, and place them in the following directory: C:>Games>World_of_Tanks>res_mods>0.8.1>vehicles>[nation here]>[tank name here] (example: russian>R24_SU_76) If you installed your WoT base directory elsewhere, simply go there and navigate into the res_mods folder - you will likely have to set up the 'vehicles' and national folders however.
For updating to the next patch when it arrives, you will simply pull the "vehicles" folder out of the 0.8.1 directory and paste it into the 0.8.2 directory and all your skins will carry over. (Assuming the tanks have not been removed or modified. (Like in the original KV, or the T-34-85) You just need to do this every patch.

BRS357 #5 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 16:13

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4156 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012

View PostRaindrops, on Nov 25 2012 - 08:53, said:

There really isn't a need for a guide on "installing" tank skins - because it's so easy to do.

To replace a skin, simply download the new .dds files, and place them in the following directory: C:>Games>World_of_Tanks>res_mods>0.8.1>vehicles>[nation here]>[tank name here] (example: russian>R24_SU_76) If you installed your WoT base directory elsewhere, simply go there and navigate into the res_mods folder - you will likely have to set up the 'vehicles' and national folders however.
For updating to the next patch when it arrives, you will simply pull the "vehicles" folder out of the 0.8.1 directory and paste it into the 0.8.2 directory and all your skins will carry over. (Assuming the tanks have not been removed or modified. (Like in the original KV, or the T-34-85) You just need to do this every patch.

This helps but i dont have that folder. :/

Raindrops #6 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 18:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8114 battles
  • 1,050
  • [EDF] EDF
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
Which one? If your adding your first custom skins you'll have to create the "vehicles" folder, as well as the russian/american/british/chinese/french/german folders - most skins are already in the vehicle folder for convenience. (I assume yu know how to create new folders?)

BRS357 #7 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 20:08

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4156 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012

View PostRaindrops, on Nov 25 2012 - 18:48, said:

Which one? If your adding your first custom skins you'll have to create the "vehicles" folder, as well as the russian/american/british/chinese/french/german folders - most skins are already in the vehicle folder for convenience. (I assume yu know how to create new folders?)

yes i know how to add a new folder. i do not have the directory. the folders i have only contain battle data and other things. where should i be able to find this folder? i was looking in  app data

Raindrops #8 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 20:58

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8114 battles
  • 1,050
  • [EDF] EDF
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
Posted Image

BRS357 #9 Posted Nov 25 2012 - 21:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4156 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012

View PostRaindrops, on Nov 25 2012 - 20:58, said:

Posted Image

thank you so much i found it :)
if you have any installed can you put a screen shot of how you put the skin in the folder?

Edited by BRS357, Nov 25 2012 - 22:04.


1stKnight #10 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 06:45

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9488 battles
  • 106
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    05-29-2012
Is there a list of the tank names somewhere so that I can create all the folders?  Example: "A16_M7_Priest"  for the M7 Priest.


Search keeps bringing me here.

Raindrops #11 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 07:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8114 battles
  • 1,050
  • [EDF] EDF
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
http://i1024.photobu...sh/Untitled.png
Just follow that path - tanks are within each nations' folder.
This is also the first step in modifying skins. Just copy a tank and place it in your res_mod folder.

xxtaylorxx #12 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 07:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2300 battles
  • 1,390
  • [GUNDP] GUNDP
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011
Actually he needs to take all the folders and files from here:
http://screensnapr.com/e/zVsoGB.jpg

And put them all into here:
http://screensnapr.com/e/D4TJqO.jpg

And then copy whatever new skins he wants into the appropriate folder inside the res_mods line:
http://screensnapr.com/e/D4TJqO.jpg

I_Could_Care_Less #13 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 08:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 33120 battles
  • 2,482
  • [REBEL] REBEL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011

View PostBRS357, on Nov 25 2012 - 08:28, said:

I was wondering how to install tank skins. I could never find the tutorail on the right update and i really want to change my tank skins. Can some one help me?
do you have ts3if so i can help you out or you can try my mod pack i always have a updated hit skin with every release



http://forum.worldof...20#entry2952137

Edited by DeputyBeals1pt0, Nov 30 2012 - 08:00.


BRS357 #14 Posted Dec 01 2012 - 08:49

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 4156 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012

View PostDeputyBeals1pt0, on Nov 30 2012 - 08:00, said:

do you have ts3if so i can help you out or you can try my mod pack i always have a updated hit skin with every release



http://forum.worldof...20#entry2952137

my god i love this and it is so damn easy. i had to say thank you. also thank you for all others who helped me.

Osharlock #15 Posted Dec 01 2012 - 20:50

    Private

  • Players
  • 1904 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-24-2012
Can someone list the steps on how to? i tried but it doesn't seem to work quite right with my tanks.

Captain_Binky #16 Posted Dec 02 2012 - 17:35

    Private

  • Players
  • 20922 battles
  • 2
  • [RAO] RAO
  • Member since:
    12-14-2011
lots of work but it is a good tutorial for tanks ur haveing trouble with