• Please log in to reply
4936 replies to this topic

jact2047 #1501 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6414 battles
  • [GUP2] GUP2

View PostSeraphil, on Jun 19 2013 - 19:37, said:

So, would the Valentine II get a Gloriana or a Pravda skin?

About that, if the Tetrarch is a normal British light, what category would it belong?

View PostMainiac757, on Jun 19 2013 - 17:33, said:

Is there a black forest skin for the lowe?

Nothing yet if I remember correctly.

And I think I found a good demo video of music Type B thanks to Perrinu's cromwell video.

Edited by jact2047, Jun 20 2013 - 01:16.

TehMelays #1502 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 02:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 8215 battles
  • [TRW] TRW
Well umm, I would probably make it standard Tan. The tetrarch is a tank made by the Vickers-Armstrong company. Based off the majority of tank skins i've made that feature Vickers tanks. (Medium's I-III, Cruiser I-II, and the Valentine) The majority are tan, or have a tan secondary skin.

Otherwise possibly green. It seems to have been an infantry support tank. Based off some reading I've done on the wikipedia page.

No connection to that but, here are the remaining St. Gloriana tanks on the line. Once again not including tanks that jact has not already made.

Here is St. Gloriana's Finest Tier 9/10.
This is the preview for it.

As always if you want an alternate color on a tank just message me and i'll be glad to make an alternate version for you.

EDIT: Also just a random thing, for skinners, if you want a large size maginot emblem to place on your tanks. I created one after a lot of hardwork getting my sizing correct. Let me just say it isn't perfect  .. . it will never be perfect but I think its pretty good. Here it is. You can also see it here.

Posted Image

Also as a general question to the skinners out there any ideas on a color scheme for a Maginot tank line. I'm thinking of making one.

Edited by TehMelays, Jun 20 2013 - 04:54.

GeneralVeers #1503 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 04:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5054 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostPvtZetacius, on Jun 19 2013 - 07:18, said:

Did you read the readme notepad that came with the downloads?
Yes but most of the mods for tank skins have no instruction or are in what appears to be Spanish with Gibberish.

Sakamoto_Mio #1504 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 04:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View PostGeneralVeers, on Jun 20 2013 - 04:38, said:

Yes but most of the mods for tank skins have no instruction or are in what appears to be Spanish with Gibberish.
======

The gibberish is usually an indicator that you don't have the proper language pack installed/active in order to read the text.

In case you haven't seen it....

MOD Responsibly

... ​was placed my WG and explains some things concerning it,

Depending on the MOD itself, its will have the usual instructions in order to place the mod correctly... this is mentioned briefly in the supplied video.

(edited)

Edited by Sakamoto_Mio, Jun 20 2013 - 05:00.

GeneralVeers #1505 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 04:58

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5054 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostSakamoto_Mio, on Jun 20 2013 - 04:54, said:

======

The gibberish is usually an indicator that you don't have the proper language pack installed/active in order to read the text.

In case you haven't seen it....

MOD Responsibly

... ​was placed my Wg and explains some things concerning it,

Depending on the MOD itself, its will have the usual instructions in order to place the mod correctly... this is mentioned briefly in the supplied video.
Ok yeah for the most part figured them out now.

One last wuick question though. I was scaning through and there doesn't seem to be a Turtle Team Hetzer SKin am I missing it? Or is there none?

Sakamoto_Mio #1506 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 05:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View PostGeneralVeers, on Jun 20 2013 - 04:58, said:

One last wuick question though. I was scaning through and there doesn't seem to be a Turtle Team Hetzer SKin am I missing it? Or is there none?
======
There is....
I don't remember where its at (actually) ... its should be on the first page of this thread... or someone will place a link to the adjoining threads which carries it.

I have one ~ however ~ its contains (non-GuP) figures and foliage around it, so not many are interested in it.. nonetheless, it does have the proper colour/ICON/decal configurations ...

(edit) -
and its for personal usage - (unless requested via message) - this is done, as to not to impede on the other modders creativity......

Edited by Sakamoto_Mio, Jun 20 2013 - 05:37.

jact2047 #1507 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 05:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6414 battles
  • [GUP2] GUP2

View PostGeneralVeers, on Jun 20 2013 - 04:58, said:

I was scaning through and there doesn't seem to be a Turtle Team Hetzer SKin am I missing it? Or is there none?

:sceptic:Here you go. Just... just look in the correct spoiler.

View PostSakamoto_Mio, on Jun 20 2013 - 04:54, said:

MOD Responsibly

So that's why I've been seeing "Blacklist. Where is it?" threads.

EDIT: Forgot about this.

It seems 0.8.6 is now available in SEA.
If any SEA users find issues with the mod, note the compatibility.
Currently, crew voice mods should be affected.

Edited by jact2047, Jun 20 2013 - 05:17.

Sakamoto_Mio #1508 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 05:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View Postjact2047, on Jun 20 2013 - 05:12, said:

So that's why I've been seeing "Blacklist. Where is it?" threads.

EDIT: Forgot about this.

It seems 0.8.6 is now available in SEA.
If any SEA users find issues with the mod, note the compatibility.
Currently, crew voice mods should be affected.
======

~ I think WG did a wise move and (finally) announce publicly concerning their connection, viewpoints, and feelings towards MODs.... they're distancing themselves from them.
Hence the reason, I made a brief mention concerning dling any skins, and use the directed dl source and not supplied via player to player (unless they're trusted) :great:

For clarification... "should be" - or - "shouldn't be" - be affected...

It was mentioned that the scriptors were moved around or added to the GUI's, from my understanding of it, it shouldn't actually affect the sequences - however - I am awaiting Jinx's template that is being worked on concerning this area in question, in case this is the actual case concerning any changes in the voice mods...

This is (also) the reason why I am (personally) waiting for 8.6 - "to actually know what those changes are" - (instead of) depending on the testers (because truthfully) some are untrustworthy and are overly-emomelodramatic in many cases concerning simple changes in game-play.

Case in point: I am already hearing the controversial uproar over Arty...  :smile:  :justwait:  :angry::arta:

Edited by Sakamoto_Mio, Jun 20 2013 - 05:56.

Jinxed_Katajainen #1509 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10023 battles
  • [GUNDP] GUNDP

View PostSakamoto_Mio, on Jun 20 2013 - 05:44, said:

For clarification... "should be" - or - "shouldn't be" - be affected...

It was mentioned that the scriptors were moved around or added to the GUI's, from my understanding of it, it shouldn't actually affect the sequences - however - I am awaiting Jinx's template that is being worked on concerning this area in question, in case this is the actual case concerning any changes in the voice mods...

The voices will be affected I believe...
There's six new voice events for hitting the enemy...  right now they're all the same voice as the current bounce, hit and critical events, but they're breaking it down into gun damage, chassis damage, and splash damage it looks like.
I've tested my new template on the test server and it appears to be working fine..  I want to wait till 8.6 and test on the live server before releasing any updates but being on the NA region, unfortunately we get it last.

On another note... been working on some more crew mods.
BD vol6 is released this week so I'll scan and include those as well.

Posted Image

Sakamoto_Mio #1510 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 06:57

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9453 battles
  • [YANDR] YANDR

View PostJinxed_Katajainen, on Jun 20 2013 - 06:46, said:

The voices will be affected I believe...
There's six new voice events for hitting the enemy...  right now they're all the same voice as the current bounce, hit and critical events, but they're breaking it down into gun damage, chassis damage, and splash damage it looks like.
I've tested my new template on the test server and it appears to be working fine..  I want to wait till 8.6 and test on the live server before releasing any updates but being on the NA region, unfortunately we get it last.

On another note... been working on some more crew mods.
BD vol6 is released this week so I'll scan and include those as well.

Posted Image
======
Thanks for clarification...  :smile:

I will await the template from you once its ready, this way I can have a proper one to use, since there's changes to the configuration.

Is there any other sound templates that you're working on (in addition) to the the ones used prior, that are newer or have been added to the GUI sounds/effects? - I just want to be up-to-date on them.

I am also awaiting the BD release of GuP...  :great:

Edited by Sakamoto_Mio, Jun 20 2013 - 06:59.

SenaKoakuma #1511 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 07:29

Private

• Players
  • 785 battles
Oh, so is that why there seems to be missing voices at the voice mods?

Because somehow, I can't hear the voice over when they spot a tank =/

Perrinu #1512 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 11:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTehMelays, on Jun 20 2013 - 02:09, said:

-Snip-

Also as a general question to the skinners out there any ideas on a color scheme for a Maginot tank line. I'm thinking of making one.

I'm not a skinner but I am can research. I'm all over this.

For the best colour scheme ideas use model builders resources.

http://www.flamesofw...spx?art_id=2417
This is French camouflage and iconography for model builders, all based on early war.

The colour from WoT seems to be from one of these S-35 tanks (Somua of the 4th DCR), or at least one small part of it. I can see why they did it because it'd be easy to get a more base green mixed up with other nations. aka Too much green was too much, lets make them teal.
http://www.tanks-enc...h_somua_S35.php

Other French Camo scheme from this website.

Of course though it is easier for skinners the tank colour doesn't have to be a single tone, the Chi-Ha tells us that school do go multi coloured unlike the main cast of schools.

Jinxed_Katajainen #1513 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 13:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10023 battles
  • [GUNDP] GUNDP

View PostSenaKoakuma, on Jun 20 2013 - 07:29, said:

Oh, so is that why there seems to be missing voices at the voice mods?

Because somehow, I can't hear the voice over when they spot a tank =/

The sound event when spotting a tank have been moved to GUI.fsb, so they're going to be bound to the reload sound as well, which kinda sucks...  I'm going to have to remake all my reload mods to have the appropriate detection voices for each school.

jact2047 #1514 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 14:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6414 battles
  • [GUP2] GUP2
Yeah, just when I started to like the radar events I've added. It sucks, but should it be like that in the first place anyway?
I think I'm going to need your GUI template too, if you don't mind.

Goldfire #1515 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 14:08

Private

• Players
  • 531 battles

View PostJinxed_Katajainen, on Jun 20 2013 - 13:30, said:

The sound event when spotting a tank have been moved to GUI.fsb, so they're going to be bound to the reload sound as well, which kinda sucks...  I'm going to have to remake all my reload mods to have the appropriate detection voices for each school.

That's a bugger, I rely on it quite heavily, especially after it went missing in the latest patch.

SgtBonBon #1516 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 15:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 21 battles
I appreciate you guys reworking on the audio files for 0.8.6 patch but I'm worried cause my GuP audio+music are from an earlier version possibly not created by you guys and it might never be updated...

Jinxed_Katajainen #1517 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 17:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10023 battles
  • [GUNDP] GUNDP

View Postjact2047, on Jun 20 2013 - 14:00, said:

Yeah, just when I started to like the radar events I've added. It sucks, but should it be like that in the first place anyway?
I think I'm going to need your GUI template too, if you don't mind.

It's odd to be honest... the voice file has an event reference and also voices for detecting enemy tanks while the GUI now has the radar 'ping' but the former isn't used at all.
There's a few others that are in the file like friendly destroyed or splash damage by the enemy but don't seem to be used either.

AkiyamaYukari #1518 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 18:09

Captain

• Players
  • 4172 battles
  • [GUNDP] GUNDP

View PostTehMelays, on Jun 20 2013 - 02:09, said:

Well umm, I would probably make it standard Tan. The tetrarch is a tank made by the Vickers-Armstrong company. Based off the majority of tank skins i've made that feature Vickers tanks. (Medium's I-III, Cruiser I-II, and the Valentine) The majority are tan, or have a tan secondary skin.

Otherwise possibly green. It seems to have been an infantry support tank. Based off some reading I've done on the wikipedia page.

No connection to that but, here are the remaining St. Gloriana tanks on the line. Once again not including tanks that jact has not already made.

Here is St. Gloriana's Finest Tier 9/10.
This is the preview for it.

As always if you want an alternate color on a tank just message me and i'll be glad to make an alternate version for you.
And that should do it for the rest of the British tree. A few minor requests to keep people's options open, though:

- Green variants of the Centurions, FV4202, AT 7, AT 15A, AT 15, and FV215b 183
- Tan variants of the Tortoise, Caernarvon, Conqueror, and FV 215b

TehMelays #1519 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 20:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 8215 battles
  • [TRW] TRW
As requested by AkiyamaYukari ~

The green + tan variants seen here.

You can download these variants here.

If you have any other requests post here or message me.

As always more skins can be found here.

Cheers,

TehMelays

himekorin #1520 Posted Jun 20 2013 - 21:57

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
I'm from SEA server
it's already 0.8.6 version

In NA server, Anyone have error with GUP logo and load animation like me?

If it's works correctly I'll check my file to find my errors.

Thanks.

Also tagged with girls_und_panzer, voice_pack, music_pack, tank_skins, remodel

29 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users

Lucia_Konohana, akh101