Weekend Scrimmages

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
276 replies to this topic

victorocious #261 Posted Feb 20 2013 - 23:37

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
and we still don't have any word on how Sunday is gonna be prized... :Smile_confused:

Captain_Judo #262 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 03:18

eSports Manager

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostSiian, on Feb 20 2013 - 22:54, said:

Is there going to be some scrimmages this week. I don't see any posted in the normal place?

Registration for next weekend's scrimmages are published! Make it count because this is the final weekend for Scrimmages as you know them.

View Postvictorocious, on Feb 20 2013 - 23:37, said:

and we still don't have any word on how Sunday is gonna be prized... :Smile_confused:

All teams are receiving 300 gold.

Edited by Captain_Judo, Feb 21 2013 - 03:19.

Iron_Jeager #263 Posted Feb 21 2013 - 04:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Feb 21 2013 - 03:18, said:

Registration for next weekend's scrimmages are published! Make it count because this is the final weekend for Scrimmages as you know them.

That sucks! I really started to enjoy this. Is there going to be another Friday Saturday Sunday event thats a single day, round robin? It is so much easier to just commit to 2-3 hours of excellent competition than to get 7-10 people to be on for weeks at a time for a tournament.

Iron_Jeager #264 Posted Feb 23 2013 - 05:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I didn't mean to be rude in my above post. I just enjoy the format vastly and the weekend schedule is fantastic. It would be nice if there was some sort of automated system in place for these round robin events, instead of gold, pay out credits or something.

So have a tournament listing page, were you can join one, it waits for 8 teams to join, then does a 4 round robin event. Top score wins X amount of credits, and 2nd place wins X amounts of credits. (or gold if WG feels like it).

Make it have an entry fee so that no one can abuse the system.

So something like 100K to join, first pays 700K, second pays 100K.

That way the first place team earns 100K credits for each of the 7 members if they choose to run 7 man team, and 2nd place gets a free entry.

I would prefer gold over credits, but I can't assume WG would have an automated gold payout system for tournaments like these. It would be nice if so though.

Again these are just like 30 second thought up ideas, I am sure someone could come up with something a lot better. I just know we are going to miss these scrimmages, it makes your 7-10 man team so much tighter getting to play together.

Edited by Siian, Feb 23 2013 - 05:18.

Beerstein #265 Posted Feb 23 2013 - 05:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
I liked it, since it's a regular schedule and 1 day 2 hour events it meant people who can't commit to random schedules for normal tourneys could participate, and others could start building teams around them. Heck I'm up to 20 people on my team for 3 separate days simply because they can't all make all the days.

I really hope WG reconsiders.

Aryl #266 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 20:14

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Any word on how Scrimmages are going to be run this week? The main concern is timing- we've got guys from EU playing with us who are naturally anxious about whether the "two hours on a Saturday" will continue to be the prevailing format, and at a time that is accessible to them.

Captain_Judo #267 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 21:25

eSports Manager

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostSiian, on Feb 23 2013 - 05:18, said:

I didn't mean to be rude in my above post. I just enjoy the format vastly and the weekend schedule is fantastic. It would be nice if there was some sort of automated system in place for these round robin events, instead of gold, pay out credits or something.

So have a tournament listing page, were you can join one, it waits for 8 teams to join, then does a 4 round robin event. Top score wins X amount of credits, and 2nd place wins X amounts of credits. (or gold if WG feels like it).

Make it have an entry fee so that no one can abuse the system.

So something like 100K to join, first pays 700K, second pays 100K.

That way the first place team earns 100K credits for each of the 7 members if they choose to run 7 man team, and 2nd place gets a free entry.

I would prefer gold over credits, but I can't assume WG would have an automated gold payout system for tournaments like these. It would be nice if so though.

Again these are just like 30 second thought up ideas, I am sure someone could come up with something a lot better. I just know we are going to miss these scrimmages, it makes your 7-10 man team so much tighter getting to play together.

Hi Siian, I didn't pick up any rudeness at all! No worries  :Smile_Default:

Hopefully I can answer all the above questions.

Scrimmages, as you know them, are over. Scrimmages served it's purpose as preparation for league play. We really want to encourage all teams to play in the World of Tanks Championship Series but understand that the model doesn't fit everyone's needs and interests.

So we see the popularity of this format and will reintroduce scrimmages with an overhaul to rules and prizing. However, you won't see this reintroduction in March.

Look out for a feedback thread shortly before this reintroduction occurs.  :Smile_Default:

husband #268 Posted Feb 27 2013 - 22:18

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Feb 27 2013 - 21:25, said:

Scrimmages, as you know them, are over. Scrimmages served it's purpose as preparation for league play. We really want to encourage all teams to play in the World of Tanks Championship Series but understand that the model doesn't fit everyone's needs and interests.

So we see the popularity of this format and will reintroduce scrimmages with an overhaul to rules and prizing. However, you won't see this reintroduction in March.

Look out for a feedback thread shortly before this reintroduction occurs.  :Smile_Default:

that's a shame, I preferred the one day, scheduled, events like this to the week long random time ones spread over various days. The latter format takes much too much time to coordinate a team, though the rewards are greater, it just was nicer to have it start and end in one day. Clearer and easier commitments and scheduling make for less confusion and disappointment.

Personally, with my schedule commitments, I look forward to their re-introduction.

Edited by husband, Feb 27 2013 - 22:19.

CommanderSag #269 Posted Feb 28 2013 - 03:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hello! The process of this tournament is complete?

http://worldoftanks....rday_Scrimmage/

Some in my group were prayed for tournaments and not others. (my self)

Beasts_of_the_East #270 Posted Feb 28 2013 - 11:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBeasts_of_the_East, on Feb 12 2013 - 09:42, said:

Is this Champiosnhip series tournament going to replace the current scrimmages? Cause I doubt whether my team will be able to show up on both Friday and Saturday. We only entered on the Saturday scrimmages as this was the only time all of our team members could be there.

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Feb 12 2013 - 19:47, said:

The scrimmages were simply serving as preparation for this league. But we've seen its popularity as a unique event. We have something to replace that format as a singular event.

I am so sad... and along with me the members of our 2 teams we entered every Saturday scrimmage. Our 2 teams and I guess multiple other teams value the current scrimmages highly. I completely understand that you want to give full attention to the championship series, and give that tournament a fair chance of succeeding. But I don't see how these 2 different tournaments interfere with each other.
In my view both tournaments can exist alongside, as they probably attract a different crowd in their current set up. The championship series attract big teams that can play hardcore in battles over multiple days a week for big prizes, while the scrimmages attract the more casual teams that can only field a team once a week for smaller prizes. So my question is, can't you re-introduce the scrimmages in their current format for the next weekend (9th/10th/11th March)? Cause registration for the series is already closed, so people will already know their schedule of matches, and this way you can get an idea whether the current scrimmage format is still a viable option alongside the championship series.

Beerstein #271 Posted Mar 01 2013 - 13:03

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBeasts_of_the_East, on Feb 28 2013 - 11:34, said:

I am so sad... and along with me the members of our 2 teams we entered every Saturday scrimmage. Our 2 teams and I guess multiple other teams value the current scrimmages highly. I completely understand that you want to give full attention to the championship series, and give that tournament a fair chance of succeeding. But I don't see how these 2 different tournaments interfere with each other.
In my view both tournaments can exist alongside, as they probably attract a different crowd in their current set up. The championship series attract big teams that can play hardcore in battles over multiple days a week for big prizes, while the scrimmages attract the more casual teams that can only field a team once a week for smaller prizes. So my question is, can't you re-introduce the scrimmages in their current format for the next weekend (9th/10th/11th March)? Cause registration for the series is already closed, so people will already know their schedule of matches, and this way you can get an idea whether the current scrimmage format is still a viable option alongside the championship series.
+1, I should point my 20 team members to this page later so they can drop their input but the sentiment across my team is pretty much exactly what you said, the fact that our team is 20 people when it's max 10 per day kinda points to exactly what you were saying, we've even been short people some days and were considering expanding the roster a little more. The fact is it's a great workaround for people with diverse schedules to have these small time short length events.

Also I wish as a team captain I could do group mails of more than 6 at a time. As a forum whore in a clan of forum whores the mail system here is a perfect way to contact them (especially with the emails they can set to receive when mailed here) but the whole sending out 4 mails at a time is a little crazy.

blznguns #272 Posted Mar 07 2013 - 19:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Bring back the Scrimmages WG!

Our clan membership consists of a lot of working guys and family guys with diverse schedules, and the Scrimmages have been the one contest where we've been able to participate regularly.  A one night commitment of a few hours has been ideal for our group.  It has re-energized several members of our Clan who were looking to move on to new games.  Please bring them back!

Dogzman #273 Posted Apr 03 2013 - 03:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Hi Siian, I didn't pick up any rudeness at all! No worries  :smile:

Look out for a feedback thread shortly before this reintroduction occurs.  :smile:

So Captain, since its no longer March maybe you could give us a little information about when this format might come back? Maybe a little hint about when to look for it coming back? I really enjoyed this format, as did my team.

A little backstory about my team, I along with most of my teammates, couldnt, and still cant participate in most of the tournaments WGNA is nice enough to host for us players. I work second shift, sunday through friday, as do many of the players on my team. Unfortunaly that means we cant join pretty much any of the tournaments. Then came along a nice little tournament format that we could all get together and have fun and feel like a team working towards something. Week after week we got better, generally being in the top 3 of whatever division we were in.

So we finally are doing well as a team, and really enjoying the format. Then the championship series gets announced and I start to read the rules for the tournament format we have been gearing up for. I find, unfortunatly, its a friday-through-sunday affair, which meant my team didnt even bother discussing if we wanted to sign up for it. I probabaly should have seen this coming, but since the practices were a one off (you didnt have to sign up for sunday or friday to play saturday) it didnt click for me until i read it.

My teams playing of WOT (including my own) has dropped off significantly since scrimmages have ended. We used to be working towards tanks we thought would help the diversity of our line up. I  would see most of my team on WOT every night, grinding tanks and spending gold. Now, since our motivation has dropped off I am lucky to see one, maybe two of my team mates on in a night of playing tanks. I am waiting to give my team some sort of information on when the format will return to remotivate them.

In addition to the single day, one off scrimmages, it would be nice to see a weekly tournament format, that was only one day a week. For instance a skirmish like tournament that happens 4 saturdays( or sundays, or fridays) in a row, instead of all in the same week. All it takes is one weeknight on the schedule and my team cant participate, it would be nice if WGNA would diversify their days they offer tournaments instead of every time i look up the new tournament thats been posted i again see it requires friday night off to play, or every weeknight. I'm not suggesting replacing any of the current formats to fit my team in, i would just like to see more options, so that more people get to participate in organized, competitive play.

Captain_Judo #274 Posted Apr 03 2013 - 21:41

eSports Manager

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostDogzman, on Apr 03 2013 - 03:22, said:

So Captain, since its no longer March maybe you could give us a little information about when this format might come back? Maybe a little hint about when to look for it coming back? I really enjoyed this format, as did my team.

A little backstory about my team, I along with most of my teammates, couldnt, and still cant participate in most of the tournaments WGNA is nice enough to host for us players. I work second shift, sunday through friday, as do many of the players on my team. Unfortunaly that means we cant join pretty much any of the tournaments. Then came along a nice little tournament format that we could all get together and have fun and feel like a team working towards something. Week after week we got better, generally being in the top 3 of whatever division we were in.

So we finally are doing well as a team, and really enjoying the format. Then the championship series gets announced and I start to read the rules for the tournament format we have been gearing up for. I find, unfortunatly, its a friday-through-sunday affair, which meant my team didnt even bother discussing if we wanted to sign up for it. I probabaly should have seen this coming, but since the practices were a one off (you didnt have to sign up for sunday or friday to play saturday) it didnt click for me until i read it.

My teams playing of WOT (including my own) has dropped off significantly since scrimmages have ended. We used to be working towards tanks we thought would help the diversity of our line up. I  would see most of my team on WOT every night, grinding tanks and spending gold. Now, since our motivation has dropped off I am lucky to see one, maybe two of my team mates on in a night of playing tanks. I am waiting to give my team some sort of information on when the format will return to remotivate them.

In addition to the single day, one off scrimmages, it would be nice to see a weekly tournament format, that was only one day a week. For instance a skirmish like tournament that happens 4 saturdays( or sundays, or fridays) in a row, instead of all in the same week. All it takes is one weeknight on the schedule and my team cant participate, it would be nice if WGNA would diversify their days they offer tournaments instead of every time i look up the new tournament thats been posted i again see it requires friday night off to play, or every weeknight. I'm not suggesting replacing any of the current formats to fit my team in, i would just like to see more options, so that more people get to participate in organized, competitive play.

Dogzman, this is some genuine feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to post. Your arguments really strike a chord with me. There's a few things currently in our way from providing scrimmages or daily tournaments. But I'm going to use your post as indication of a growing need for such formats.

I can't guarantee that it'll happen immediately. But I'm working toward getting such a project to finally take off. All I can say, for now, is: hang in there   :smile:

Edited by Captain_Judo, Apr 03 2013 - 21:42.

husband #275 Posted Apr 03 2013 - 22:38

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCaptain_Judo, on Apr 03 2013 - 21:41, said:

Dogzman, this is some genuine feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to post. Your arguments really strike a chord with me. There's a few things currently in our way from providing scrimmages or daily tournaments. But I'm going to use your post as indication of a growing need for such formats.

I can't guarantee that it'll happen immediately. But I'm working toward getting such a project to finally take off. All I can say, for now, is: hang in there   :smile:
I look forward to the return of the one day events

Beasts_of_the_East #276 Posted Apr 04 2013 - 13:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

Hi Siian, I didn't pick up any rudeness at all! No worries  :smile:

Look out for a feedback thread shortly before this reintroduction occurs.  :smile:

Ohw, you didn't mean in this previous post that a 1-day tournament similar to the scrimmages is going to return? Maybe I misread it and was keeping my hopes up for this great set-up to return in April. (Oh boy, the weekends were boring in March without these scrimmages)
I can see a lot of teams that enjoy the currently running formats of tournaments, which last several days and give exciting matches for great teams fighting for major league spots. I can also see the new tournament to celebrate the 2-year anniversery as a really nice set up.
But the thing is, and it has been brought up in many posts before this, that these multi-day tournaments are for the teams which have a high attendance and a big roster of players that are available on many nights of the week. These clans are normally in all big tournaments and clan wars. My feeling on the scrimmages is that wargaming reached out to the more occasional teams. The way they were run in the last weeks was excellent, everyone knew when registration opened, when the battles were, which made it easy for us to register and organize our teams, as it sometimes takes a day or 2 before we see people of our teams online. We saw several of the teams returning every week, which made everything more enjoyable, as we made friends and learned from eachothers tactics. The prizes were excellent as they were in the end of the scrimmages, they appealed these occasional teams to compete to the very last battles of their division.
It makes me very sad to hear there will be no more one-day scrimmages anymore, especially as they reached out to a different crowd than the other tournaments. But my question is, is there no way to reintroduce the scrimmages in their old format on Friday and Saturday? The set up was great as it was and still appeals to the occasional teams. This way it doesn't make it too hard on wargaming too, as you had everything running smoothly before.

Badfish_07 #277 Posted Apr 15 2013 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Me and my guys are really missing the fri / sat / sun scrimmages.  It was the most we got to participate in and we looked forward to every weekend. It got a lot of our guys grinding more tanks from different lines to participate in them rather than just the cookie cutter T10's in CW.  Now it's just back to dull grinding and some random landings.  WoT really got fun with those weekend scrimmages and now it's a bit empty with them gone. We do CW but for the most part the top guys stay on top, this was an opportunity for us to win some face offs and a lot of clans were having fun in these.
I spent at least $200 getting the tanks for those different level scrimmages from free xp because they were so fun and got clan participation up a lot. Not worried about the money spent, just missing the fun.
offtopic:  I'd like to see low level teir land in CW as well so there can be more participation across the board in the player base. (limited tank teir lands with lower reward, just add more provinces / states) Rather than just all T10 with the same clans staying on top.