crew perks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

Snakeye505 #1 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 02:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I just bought a LOWE and have used gold to bring all crew members to 100%. Is it best to use BIA for all posotions or use different skill and perks.

Legiondude #2 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
BiA only works if EVERY member is 100% in it

RodneyDangerfield #3 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
To start you might want to pick something else other then BIA,  after you get 2 or 3 skills respec into BIA + whatever else you want.

partisan1941 #4 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 02:34

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Honsetly man the choice is yours. SInce lowe is a good sniper getting vents plus bia would make sniping better. Then you can equip binocs to see better and snipe from far away. I would think that would be a good initial setup. Never had lowe but I have my T-34-85 and it has a very accurate gun, so what I have is binocs, rammer, vents. Crew has as follows: commander- recon, radio operater- situational awareness, i got also preventative maintenance, safe stowage, and snapshot but thats specific to my tank. As you can see I used binocs because they are cumulative with recon and situational awareness (a trio of a sort). Together with vents my tank is a good sniper. Snapshot helps to reduce dispersion also. GL

Snakeye505 #5 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 02:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Ok....thx. Best to use position perks first then BIA.

McBaconater #6 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
personally i see BIA as the last skill for each crew , sure the last skill/perk takes ages to get to 100% but this will make BIA give an increase to 4 other skills once it's finally done .

Sollus #7 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 04:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Honestly, in a Lowe, the best thing for you to do is to skill the entire crew up in repair. You're so slow that you risk getting perma-tracked and polished off. When your crew is 130% skilled the consider reskilling and restarting on repair for your seconds skill.

You should have saved your gold and just put your crew from one of your German heavies in the Lowe. They would function at 100% and get additional XP.

RodneyDangerfield #8 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 04:41

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postburmesekush, on Nov 30 2012 - 03:07, said:

personally i see BIA as the last skill for each crew , sure the last skill/perk takes ages to get to 100% but this will make BIA give an increase to 4 other skills once it's finally done .

I would strongly recommend not taking this advice. BIA isn't active until its 100% to get 100% on 4th it takes more xp than the previous 3 skills combined.  Better off taking a skill that scales while leveling like camo repair even firefighting.  Also BIA only gives a bonus to your primary skill(commander viewrange, loader load time, gunner aim time ect) it doesnot apply the bonus to your bonus skills/perks.

http://forum.worldof...ant-buy-in-wot/

partisan1941 #9 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 05:43

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRodneyDangerfield, on Nov 30 2012 - 04:41, said:

I would strongly recommend not taking this advice. BIA isn't active until its 100% to get 100% on 4th it takes more xp than the previous 3 skills combined.  Better off taking a skill that scales while leveling like camo repair even firefighting.  Also BIA only gives a bonus to your primary skill(commander viewrange, loader load time, gunner aim time ect) it doesnot apply the bonus to your bonus skills/perks.

I would like to correct that, bia does add bonus I beleive to camouflage,repair, and firefighting skills but nothing else. Here a source from wot wiki:

This perk increases the training level of each crew member's Role/Major Qualification by 5%. It also improves the Repair, Firefighting, and Camouflage skills by 5%. It does not affect role-specific skills, nor any perks (in-game description is incorrect). There is no benefit whatsoever unless all of the crew have this trained to 100%. The perk stays in effect if a crew member is knocked out during battle. The perk is cumulative with Improved Ventilation and skill boosting consumables

Bottom line, I believe that lowe as a sniper would do well having improved ventilation + bia (all crew) + binocs to see to maximum view range of 445 meters. I thought about this and it seems that this would be a good setup if I had it. It all depends on the play style, if you are aggressive then this tank would benefit from other perks/skills specific to each crew member, but as I see it, this tank has 400m view range + incredibly accurate gun ; maximize that further and play accordingly. Otherwise, if you wanna brawl then IS-6 or T34 are more made for that.

RodneyDangerfield #10 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 12:03

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postpartisan1941, on Nov 30 2012 - 05:43, said:

I would like to correct that, bia does add bonus I beleive to camouflage,repair, and firefighting skills but nothing else. Here a source from wot wiki:

This perk increases the training level of each crew member's Role/Major Qualification by 5%. It also improves the Repair, Firefighting, and Camouflage skills by 5%. It does not affect role-specific skills, nor any perks (in-game description is incorrect). There is no benefit whatsoever unless all of the crew have this trained to 100%. The perk stays in effect if a crew member is knocked out during battle. The perk is cumulative with Improved Ventilation and skill boosting consumables

Bottom line, I believe that lowe as a sniper would do well having improved ventilation + bia (all crew) + binocs to see to maximum view range of 445 meters. I thought about this and it seems that this would be a good setup if I had it. It all depends on the play style, if you are aggressive then this tank would benefit from other perks/skills specific to each crew member, but as I see it, this tank has 400m view range + incredibly accurate gun ; maximize that further and play accordingly. Otherwise, if you wanna brawl then IS-6 or T34 are more made for that.

Ok I stand corrected however the order you take your skills doesnot matter so taking BIA last will only make you fIght thousands of battles without any kind of bonus.

Firemoth #11 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 12:23

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
id go for skills 1/2/3
commander 6th sense/bia/recon or repairs
driver offroad/bia/clutch turning
gunner snapshot/bia/repair
radioman repair/bia/situation awareness
loader repair/bia/safestowage

6th sense is too good to not take 1st and offroad adds valuable acceleration on everything that isnt a road, something the lowe desperately needs

Edited by Firemoth, Nov 30 2012 - 12:24.

capbeefheart #12 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 13:02

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Start with Repairs all crew...this tank is slow and gets tracked alot and damaged ....other skills you will want and do alot of good too but repairs is a must  plus it gives you time to think about the skills you'll want to do in your 2nd go around while its training repair.

triptyx #13 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 16:02

Staff sergeant

• Wiki Staff
  • 0 battles

View PostSollus, on Nov 30 2012 - 04:08, said:

You should have saved your gold and just put your crew from one of your German heavies in the Lowe. They would function at 100% and get additional XP.

THIS.

I made this mistake until recently.  Don't buy crews at all for your premium, just skill up a crew of the same nation/tank line in it!!

JLK_250 #14 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
What they said about using a regular German Heavy tank crew is the best answer.  That's a big reason for getting a Lowe in the first place.   But if you already have the crew in the Lowe you may want to keep it that way rather than swapping crews back and forth.  Up to you.

As for the secondary skills/perks, BIA is good but not your best choice right off the bat.   Far more important is sixth sense for the commander.  However, that's a perk so it does nothing until at 100% so what a lot of people do is train a skill like repair or camo and switch to sixth sense when it's at 100%.   That way you get some benefit while working to 100%.   Lately I've been using Mentor for the interim choice since it gets the whole crew up in skill faster.

To be clear, what I do is pick mentor for the commander.  When it gets to 100% (or a little past 100%) I drop secondary skills and retrain for sixth sense.   Then work on whatever you want for the next one, like repair or BIA or whatever.

Snakeye505 #15 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 16:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thx to all who have answered my question. From looking at all of these great answers I can see why I have been getting my ass shot off...lol. I have just been gutting it out thinking I sucked at this game but now I know better. I am playing German armor only and the Lowe is the only heavy I have but have the 3001, 3601, T-25 and a Grille and a couple others. Have never added any of the modules to any of them but that Will change.
Again thanks everybody for your insight.

JLK_250 #16 Posted Nov 30 2012 - 18:03

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
You're probably all set now but for the record, every single German tank I own has sixth sense for the commander and a rammer.   The other two equipment slots vary depending on the tank but they get filled on every tank.   Toolbox, camo net, and binocs can be moved from tank to tank for free so at least run those until you can afford the right equipment for each tank.  Buy equipment when it's 50% off to make it far more affordable.

TheNameless #17 Posted Dec 03 2012 - 00:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostRodneyDangerfield, on Nov 30 2012 - 04:41, said:

Wrong, it applies to ALL skills. Combined with the vent and on you have a crew with 121% skill. That means your reload is 21% faster as is your aim time and so is your cammo skills or firefighting.

JLK_250 #18 Posted Dec 03 2012 - 00:49

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheNameless, on Dec 03 2012 - 00:21, said:

Wrong, it applies to ALL skills. Combined with the vent and on you have a crew with 121% skill. That means your reload is 21% faster as is your aim time and so is your cammo skills or firefighting.

Actually he was right.  He did say it applied to all crew skills--note "etc" in his response.  With BIA and vents your reload is faster, as is aim time, etc. but not 21% better or faster.  It's a very slight improvement.  Nobody is saying that BIA isn't good to have, just that it's not the most important thing to get right away.  

I have BIA on only one of my tanks, an SPG.  I have a mod that shows reload time and it improved by .15 seconds when BIA became active.  That's good to have, but is only something like a 2% improvement.  Sixth sense (which I also have, of course) is far, far (far far far) more important IMO.

TheNameless #19 Posted Dec 03 2012 - 11:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostJLK_250, on Dec 03 2012 - 00:49, said:

Actually he was right.  He did say it applied to all crew skills--note "etc" in his response.  With BIA and vents your reload is faster, as is aim time, etc. but not 21% better or faster.  It's a very slight improvement.  Nobody is saying that BIA isn't good to have, just that it's not the most important thing to get right away.  

I have BIA on only one of my tanks, an SPG.  I have a mod that shows reload time and it improved by .15 seconds when BIA became active.  That's good to have, but is only something like a 2% improvement.  Sixth sense (which I also have, of course) is far, far (far far far) more important IMO.
Actually look at your crew when you are in the garage and see the skill level. I mean if you have BIA and a vent. You will see that the skill, except for the commander, is 121%. Then go to the section in wiki that shows you how to figure out the actual tank stats. Progressive and degressive stats. You will see that there is an actual 21% deference.

RodneyDangerfield #20 Posted Dec 03 2012 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTheNameless, on Dec 03 2012 - 11:02, said:

Actually look at your crew when you are in the garage and see the skill level. I mean if you have BIA and a vent. You will see that the skill, except for the commander, is 121%. Then go to the section in wiki that shows you how to figure out the actual tank stats. Progressive and degressive stats. You will see that there is an actual 21% deference.

what I was referring to is the crews major qualification as opposed to secondary (skills/perks),  in reference to getting it as a fourth skill BIA isn't active until 100% so at the 4th skill you'd have to drive 1k battles (roughly) to see the the effects of the skill, where if you respec your skills and have BIA at 100% and camo as a fourth you still get the camo effect at a scaled rate while grinding the skill.  To give you an idea to go from 99% to 100% on your fourth skill it takes 100 battles....