The IS-4's weak point

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

Toten #61 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 02:08

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 13162 battles
Thanks for the replys fellas,just 46k more xp and i'll get to see what this tank can do....

MARMIST #62 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 14:19

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I post it even here....

The 130mm changes your life. I assure you. With that you're able to shoot vk4502's turrett and take out ammo or cannon and hp easily. plus oneshots <Kv/PanzerIV inluded.

Only drawback is the front armor, only 120mm, but it will become 140 after the patch so we'll see. Anyway, I have 57% victory with 767 exp, compared to the 51/52% victory and 711 exp I have in my vk4502  :Smile_harp:

CiderDad #63 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 15:04

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostToten, on Dec 22 2010 - 02:23, said:

Agreed, i have is4 with tracks and turret and default bl9,and i hate it,front plate is a screen door,VK45's own me if i can't side shoot them,did anyone actually grind this albatross to the 130mm,or did they get them after a wipe,mayan calendar will over before i get the big gun.
Stock this tank is highly overated,at this point i prefer my is3.....

I can garentee you i felt exactly the same way as you did. I grinded for my IS-4 from a T-28 and hell was i annoyed.

But, i figured i came this far for the tank i might aswell just work my way through and get the turret/gun. And its so worth it. With the BL9 you ARE inferior to an ausfb. That is fact. With the 130mm you kick its ass. Trust me, grind this beast and itll pay off.

Hornet331 #64 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 15:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostMARMIST, on Dec 23 2010 - 14:19, said:

I post it even here....

The 130mm changes your life. I assure you. With that you're able to shoot vk4502's turrett and take out ammo or cannon and hp easily. plus oneshots <Kv/PanzerIV inluded.

Only drawback is the front armor, only 120mm, but it will become 140 after the patch so we'll see. Anyway, I have 57% victory with 767 exp, compared to the 51/52% victory and 711 exp I have in my vk4502  :Smile_harp:

Its not like you couldn't shoot a VK in the turret with a lower level gun... I have no problem with my KT chipping off 50% hp of a VK by just aiming at the gun mantle... (stupid oversized thing)... try that on a IS4.

Also why people compare there none elite IS4 to elite VK... VK with 10.5mm is hardly a match for a none elite IS4. Both tanks fight with tier 9 guns (long 10.5 vs BL-9) and damage wise the BL-9 just pawns the long 10.5cm. The only thing that the IS4 has to achive, is get close the the VK, then its game over.

MolanKDS #65 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 15:21

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostJulianFTW, on Dec 22 2010 - 10:01, said:

Weakspot or not, my biggest problem is arty since the tank is so heavy I can't dodge any of their shells. Ausf B is kinda difficult to kill , you need to either shoot his sides or shoot his gun mantlet

The VK45 gets the mantlet buffed as well. The entire problem is simple. In the IS4 I get the driver killed 90% of the times even by a T1 heavy or a Sherman. That rate of casualty is beyond the purpose and it gets addressed, how? well the IS4 was suposed to have 160mm armor in the front, yet that hatch had 120 so they bring it in par with the rest and in return they are weakening the back to 100mm so now you will have to get there. Overall the fix is for all the heavy tanks since when facing eachother they were easy prey was no fun at all. The driver's hatch is still there and will be easy to penetrate by KT's even by the KV with a 167mm penetration is posible, at least on paper.

Now where to shoot the VK45 though since the gun option is gone...

Hornet331 #66 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 15:43

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postjohnmolan, on Dec 23 2010 - 15:21, said:

The VK45 gets the mantlet buffed as well. The entire problem is simple. In the IS4 I get the driver killed 90% of the times even by a T1 heavy or a Sherman. That rate of casualty is beyond the purpose and it gets addressed, how? well the IS4 was suposed to have 160mm armor in the front, yet that hatch had 120 so they bring it in par with the rest and in return they are weakening the back to 100mm so now you will have to get there. Overall the fix is for all the heavy tanks since when facing eachother they were easy prey was no fun at all. The driver's hatch is still there and will be easy to penetrate by KT's even by the KV with a 167mm penetration is posible, at least on paper.

Now where to shoot the VK45 though since the gun option is gone...

The mantel buff is a joke, every T8 gun still will have no problem penetrating the mantel. The mantel on the second turret for the VK will be 160mm, so most of the Russian guns will have a 50/50 chance to penetrate it (100mm, zis6 etc.) and guns like the BL9 will have no trouble at all. The only problem is for the US tanks, they only have 4 guns with more then 160mm penetration.

And to be honest, i take a killed driver any day over a killed gunner/loader or gun/ammo. Cause thats what you get when you shoot the gun mantel.

EchelonIII #67 Posted Dec 23 2010 - 16:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 15977 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS

View PostToten, on Dec 22 2010 - 02:23, said:

Agreed, i have is4 with tracks and turret and default bl9,and i hate it,front plate is a screen door,VK45's own me if i can't side shoot them,did anyone actually grind this albatross to the 130mm,or did they get them after a wipe,mayan calendar will over before i get the big gun.

Stock this tank is highly overated,at this point i prefer my is3.....

So the tank isn't too good when it's stock, the simple response to this is: what tank isn't?

View PostCiderDad, on Dec 23 2010 - 15:04, said:

I can garentee you i felt exactly the same way as you did. I grinded for my IS-4 from a T-28 and hell was i annoyed.

But,  i figured i came this far for the tank i might aswell just work my way  through and get the turret/gun. And its so worth it. With the BL9 you  ARE inferior to an ausfb. That is fact. With the 130mm you kick its ass.  Trust me, grind this beast and itll pay off.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but the only real way to comment on this is "way to go, captain obvious". He's got an upgraded gun, you've got an unupgraded gun, you say it as if it's a big surprise that an upgraded Ausf B beats a near-stock IS-4, within the same tier, if an unupgraded tank beats an upgraded tank, something is very, very wrong.

Besides, the bulk of all matches in a tank will be played with a fully upgraded tank going for the next tier, and as the IS-4 is superior with the 130mm, that's what really matters, most matches in a tank are played with a fully upgraded tank, for clan wars, earning money, or levelling up to the next tank, to be inferior to a tank of the same tier is thus a huge disadvantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users