The WGA Community Team Grows: Please Welcome Minister_of_Propaganda!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

ObIiverator #121 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 02:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10787 battles
  • [ODS] ODS

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 06 2012 - 23:37, said:

Tankers!

In our continued efforts to improve not only our interactions with you, but also the information we share--in addition to its quality--we've increased the size of the Wargaming America Community team. You already heard about Major_Rampage moving over, but I'm also excited to introduce the latest new staff member on the team: Minister_of_Propaganda, our newest Content Manager.

He's no stranger to the video game industry--spending time working at 1UP Network and GameSpy, both in an editorial capacity. He's looking forward to making the jump over to the development side of the industry, and we're elated that he's chosen Wargaming as the way to do that.

Please join me in welcoming him to the team; you'll no doubt have a chance to read the content he's going to put together over the coming weeks and months. Here's his first article, covering Operation Patrol Duty.

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 06 2012 - 23:37, said:

Tankers!

In our continued efforts to improve not only our interactions with you, but also the information we share--in addition to its quality--we've increased the size of the Wargaming America Community team. You already heard about Major_Rampage moving over, but I'm also excited to introduce the latest new staff member on the team: Minister_of_Propaganda, our newest Content Manager.

He's no stranger to the video game industry--spending time working at 1UP Network and GameSpy, both in an editorial capacity. He's looking forward to making the jump over to the development side of the industry, and we're elated that he's chosen Wargaming as the way to do that.

Please join me in welcoming him to the team; you'll no doubt have a chance to read the content he's going to put together over the coming weeks and months. Here's his first article, covering Operation Patrol Duty.
(Cough cough*) Don't get me wrong GeneralDirection, but me and you have something in common. Since we like playing games, we try to improve them by giving them good feedback. But unfortunately customer service in many companies out there a pretty poor and they don't really like to interact with there customers (like they don't want to improve there game :/). But there are some really good hard working people like you and some other awesome people that work for wargamming, even me when I worked my job should be able to deserve to have some attention.

I really do like this game and it is one of my favorites to play, but the management for some reason takes things the opposite path to making thing historical inaccurate. Im not saying it's you or the other good people but for those that does not make a improvement needs to reconsider there ideas.

Overall, I do appreciate some people saying they are trying to interact with customers but I don't even see that happen in a lot of companies. Battlefield 3 is a good example of good customer service and you might be familiar with there company.

ObIiverator #122 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 03:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10787 battles
  • [ODS] ODS

View PostMinister_of_Propaganda, on Dec 06 2012 - 23:41, said:

Thanks! It's great to be here.
Hello Minister_of_Propaganda

GeneralDirection #123 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 03:14

Major

• Administrator
  • 5829 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostObIiverator, on Dec 10 2012 - 02:59, said:

(Cough cough*) Don't get me wrong GeneralDirection, but me and you have something in common. Since we like playing games, we try to improve them by giving them good feedback. But unfortunately customer service in many companies out there a pretty poor and they don't really like to interact with there customers (like they don't want to improve there game :/). But there are some really good hard working people like you and some other awesome people that work for wargamming, even me when I worked my job should be able to deserve to have some attention.

I really do like this game and it is one of my favorites to play, but the management for some reason takes things the opposite path to making thing historical inaccurate. Im not saying it's you or the other good people but for those that does not make a improvement needs to reconsider there ideas.

Overall, I do appreciate some people saying they are trying to interact with customers but I don't even see that happen in a lot of companies. Battlefield 3 is a good example of good customer service and you might be familiar with there company.

I appreciate the feedback. We realize there isn't at much interaction as there should be, and we intend to fix that as soon as possible.

Misfire42 #124 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 03:20

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 7874 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 10 2012 - 03:14, said:

I appreciate the feedback. We realize there isn't at much interaction as there should be, and we intend to fix that as soon as possible.

I think the problem people have isn't the lack of interaction. It's the feeling that we have no influence whatsoever over the game because the devs in Minsk will pay no attention to us no matter what you do. I know there are exceptions to this like the MM tightening, but in general, this seems to be correct. I realize there's not much you can do about it, but I wanted to put it out there so you can at least see it.

GeneralDirection #125 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 03:39

Major

• Administrator
  • 5829 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostMisfire42, on Dec 10 2012 - 03:20, said:

I think the problem people have isn't the lack of interaction. It's the feeling that we have no influence whatsoever over the game because the devs in Minsk will pay no attention to us no matter what you do. I know there are exceptions to this like the MM tightening, but in general, this seems to be correct. I realize there's not much you can do about it, but I wanted to put it out there so you can at least see it.

Understandable. You'll see a lot next year that NA has contributed to. I'm looking forward to sharing it when I can, because your voice is definitely being heard.

That said, what do you feel is an area where the NA community is being ignored?

Misfire42 #126 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 03:56

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 7874 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 10 2012 - 03:39, said:

Understandable. You'll see a lot next year that NA has contributed to. I'm looking forward to sharing it when I can, because your voice is definitely being heard.

Balance changes, for SPGs in particular, are the main one. I'll say the SPG part again, because it deserves it. I've noticed that a lot of players seem to think that tanks are balanced on the RU server stats that don't necessarily hold with the actual quality of the tank. There's also the German tanks which I know you said on Reddit were coming soon. However, I did have to think for a bit before answering your question, which is a good sign. To me, it indicates that the problem may be based more on perception than in reality.

A_Defenseless_Kitten #127 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 04:19

Major

• Players
  • 23748 battles
  • [RMADA] RMADA

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 10 2012 - 03:39, said:

I made a support ticket for my name change at the last second I noticed I misspelled my name so the next second I was making a support ticket for help after 3 days later I was told to wait longer then 3 more days I was given a copy and paste message not reading what I wrote saying that their was a new gold name change feature for gold that I just paid for, it still annoys me that they could of just given me a "NO" so my name change was a waste of money and I don't want to buy a new one

holakc #128 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 11:27

Captain

• Players
  • 30119 battles
  • [ACA] ACA
welcome

SgtCain #129 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 13:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1317 battles
  • [FGC] FGC
Welcome to the Team!

May a warm welcome warm your heart! Have fun with ur project!

knightofdread #130 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 14:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 13515 battles
  • [WDN-K] WDN-K
welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your handy work

Masterstealth #131 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 2623 battles
Welcome Minster_of_Propaganda. Will you also be in charge of WG's advertising department?

DiamondSnake #132 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 17:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8087 battles
Ahoy and welcome to the forum

M1ster_R0gers #133 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 18:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26423 battles
Congratulations on having one of the best job titles in the world!

Here is a hand made gift for you to hang on your bath room wall.

Posted Image

Minister_of_Propaganda #134 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 18:52

Head of Community

• Administrator
  • 3989 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostIndygoEEI, on Dec 09 2012 - 20:26, said:

How could I miss this?  There are 4 people who I know served as
editors at 1up.  (At least Chief Editor)

1)  Scott Sharkey (Doubt it)
2)  John Davidson (Doubt it)
3)  Dan Hsu (Doubt it)
4)  John Cho (Most likely)

Are you John Cho?

Nope, I'm Mike Nelson. I used to primarily run MyCheats but also wrote reviews, features, and previews across 1UP.

I know John Davidson (he hired me), Scott Sharkey and I worked together for years (most recently, I was giving him freelance work on GameSpy), and Dan Hsu and I sparred on The 1UP Show.

SHODASAW #135 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 07:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 2643 battles
So ,the minister of propoganda, I see that you are willing to interact more with tankers. I think you may be the only person able to cut through the wall of red tape and make changes happen fast, for the better of course!
Welcome to the strange and frightining world...of...tanks... :Smile_Default:

Millbarge #136 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 02:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34941 battles

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 10 2012 - 02:09, said:

I think it would be nice if WarGaming started hiring people who might be able to actually improve and fix their broken, broken game in some sort of meaningful way...

and not just more and more glorified Customer Service Reps for the North American office

Non-constructive
Warning
~krazyone

Your "warning" only serves to prove my point.

I have nothing against the "Minister_of_Propaganda" and wish him all the best.

My point still stands though ... hiring more and more people for the NA office does NOT lead to a better game,

it only leads to more harassment of the players.

We need more people actually developing the game and not more and more people who's job seems to be to convince others that the game is perfect as-is.

I was wrong to put this here, this is not the place for these thoughts.

Edited by Millbarge, Dec 14 2012 - 09:59.

Gohibniu #137 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 10:48

Major

• Players
  • 41720 battles
  • [BR4WL] BR4WL
I love the title. I thought perhaps it would fit on mazingerz Binky very well.

Azanthriel #138 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 12:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10031 battles
  • [TCH] TCH
Welcome!

GeneralDirection #139 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 16:57

Major

• Administrator
  • 5829 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 12 2012 - 02:31, said:

Your "warning" only serves to prove my point.

I have nothing against the "Minister_of_Propaganda" and wish him all the best.

My point still stands though ... hiring more and more people for the NA office does NOT lead to a better game,

it only leads to more harassment of the players.

We need more people actually developing the game and not more and more people who's job seems to be to convince others that the game is perfect as-is.

Hiring new development staff is a continual process, but so is hiring new staff to support our products in other areas. With a growing player base, and more products in the pipeline, there is more than just a developer need.

Development is not all that a game publisher needs to succeed: if you don't have the community team to document feedback, then the development team will not hear you. If you don't have the content team to create portal content, informational guides, copy edit release notes, etc. then you will not hear the development team. If you don't have the PR in place then the gaming media will not hear you. If you don't have the Marketing team in place then the general consumer public will not hear you.

Painbringer71 #140 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 21502 battles
  • [DHO3] DHO3
They are growing and people are complaining?  Seriously be happy it could be the other way arround and we could have a couple mods posting warnings and banning till the lights go off.

I work in a work cell that has 4 people working with over 1000 customers.  I would love to have 6 .... becuase we are doing the work of 8 its the new American Way....GOD BLESS

Anyway rant over

I welcome you Minister_of_Propaganda well met and Good luck

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users