this is going to sound dumb, but this would help me in WOT SO MUCH

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

gerbel #-19 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
okay, ya ready

short-version

I want to be able to sell my tanks only 1 day out of the year ( I am being 100% serious)

long-version

I get bored of the game, sell 3 tanks, to buy another expensive one, then regret it a month later.

I have sold my type 59 and lowe and jagdtiger and rebought them back on multiple occasions, wasting large amounts of money

yes this suggestion sounds retarded, but it would help me so much. I want this so badly. I get bored of the game and sell tanks to buy different ones. Yes its a problem. Maybe im the only one with it. I dont care how long the process is to get this done. I would so use it. Even if I had to pay gold to use this process. That would be a net-win for me!

thx WOT

Continue hosting this fine game for me to enjoy so much! 7k battles and going strong!!! <3 S51, I have bought and sold it 3 times, but fortunately kept the crew

P.S. Yes I know I am terrible with money. yes I know im asking wot to setup a "nanny" feature for me so I cant sell my tanks.
I fully admit I am bad with money and fail at money decisions. That does not change the fact that I would LOVE this feature, it would be an optional feature for WOT players of course.

jdtherocker #-18 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:24

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Suggestion when you have an urge to sell a tank press battle in it instead or buy a tier 1 and sell the tier 1 right away

shadowhazcookie #-17 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
you.....sold premium tanks......dafuq

NavySnipers #-16 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
So..........Only sell your tanks one day of the year? Avoid the....

http://exboyfriendhe...-temptation.jpg

TLJ62 #-15 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
May be you should watch this show  :Smile_veryhappy:

http://my-shopping-a...ion.oxygen.com/

Edited by TLJ62, Dec 08 2012 - 20:07.

Harnisfechten #-14 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
why the hell would you sell premium tanks that you bought for real money in exchange for in-game credits?????

*facepalm*

if you need the credits, try playing the premiums. They will earn back their credit cost in no time. If you need garage slots, buy them when they are half price! You get 3000 gold for 15$. Thats 20 garage slots when they are on sale.

rukasu113 #-13 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:41

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
haha, my uncle have the exact same problem :/

View Postjdtherocker, on Dec 08 2012 - 19:24, said:

Suggestion when you have an urge to sell a tank press battle in it instead or buy a tier 1 and sell the tier 1 right away
would be nice to make a mod that just replace "Battle!" button with "Sell tank" or something, lol.

Synful #-12 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:50

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Dec 08 2012 - 19:24, said:

^   ^    this...a thousand time's over......

scott28574 #-11 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Bads will be bads

Dunfalach #-10 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostHarnisfechten, on Dec 08 2012 - 19:40, said:

If you need garage slots, buy them when they are half price! You get 3000 gold for 15$. Thats 20 garage slots when they are on sale.

This seems like the best advice for this. Spend the money you'd be spending on re-buying the tank to buy slots instead.

I personally have over 20 tanks in my garage, and if some other threads are any indication, that actually only puts me somewhere in the lower middle of slot counts. I picked them up here and there, when gold and/or slots were on sale. I like variety, and have some of every nation except Chinese, and of every class of tank, from tiers 1-7.

killswitch95 #-9 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Postshadowhazcookie, on Dec 08 2012 - 19:24, said:

ikr

stugger #-8 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
buying and then selling a premium tanks and then buying them back again? I hope this time your smart enough not to sell them again.  If you just run your tier 8 premiums back to back you can find you make the same amount of money as you would selling the premium tank pretty quick.  Yeah its not as fast as selling the premium tanks but its not as stupid either

PuddleSplasher #-7 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
When you feel like selling. Stop.

Go for a walk, come back, wait a day then start the game at tier1 and learn how to play a different game. Work your way through the tiers until you fully learn the game.

ONLY then should you play the premiums as you will have gained a better insight to the game and it means that you have not just jumped into a premium tank with no skill.

IMHO I believe that some players buy premium and then cannot use them through lack of experience.

SHARKMEAT #-6 Posted Dec 08 2012 - 20:11

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Why would WOT change a money maken system where you sell at Tank at half price and have to buy it back at full price...and the Lowe is the highest price Perm tank far as straight out gold buying, The other highest buying Method is converting cold to credits which a tier 10 would cost you 6,000.000 credits which = 15000 Gold = 75 USD to purchase Tier 10's not cheap.......CHEERS

PS: Look at it this way ( hope my Math is correct ) with 8 tier ten (10) tanks at 6,000.000 credits each it would cost you appox $600 USD if you convert from Gold to Credits to get them. This is a cost of a frendly free playing game LOL

SHARKMEAT #-5 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 23:58

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Poststugger, on Dec 08 2012 - 19:56, said:

buying and then selling a premium tanks and then buying them back again? I hope this time your smart enough not to sell them again.  If you just run your tier 8 premiums back to back you can find you make the same amount of money as you would selling the premium tank pretty quick.  Yeah its not as fast as selling the premium tanks but its not as stupid either

As long as player's use AP rounds instead of Gold round rounds.............CHEERS

Celebrim #-4 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
If you bought gold and have less than 30 garage slots, you are doing it wrong.  Garage slots should be your primary first investment in the game.  Barrack slots aren't a bad idea either, but probably only 1 barrack slot for every 10 to 20 garage slots you buy.   You shouldn't worry about elite tanks or premium accounts or anything like that until you've got about 50 garage slots and have really decided that this is the game for you and you want to stick with it for a long time and be highly competitive and all that crap.

If you are ever planning to sell a tank, consider buying a garage slot instead.   If you are ever thinking of buying a premium (gold) crew, consider buying a garage slot instead.   In fact, in general, only buy garage slots until you've got at least 50 garage slots.  

If you are ever planning to spend gold on anything other than a garage slot, stop and think about why you want what you want before you do it.

For example, if you want a gold crew, keep in mind you are probably only saving yourself a few dozen games of grinding before you'd have 100% skill anyway compared to buying a silver crew.  And over those few dozen games, the difference in skill is probably only going to turn 3-4 games at most from losses to wins, and that only if you as a player have the skills anyway.  Are stats that worth it to you that you'll spend $3 to win 3 or 4 games?  The answer could be yes, but many people would probably be better off buying garage slots just waiting and advancing multiple silver crews simultanously rather than focusing on a single tank that they may get bored with.

If you want to buy a premium tank, ask yourself whether you really need the extra income in order to get something you'll get two or three months from now a couple of weeks early?  Are you really going to want to play this tank in 200 battles rather than playing a high income earning tier 5 in 200 battles?   The answer could be yes, but many people would probably just be better off with more garage slots.

If you want to buy a premium account, ask yourself whether you really need that extra income to get somewhere you want to be quickly?  Are you planning on playing most of your games at tier 7 or higher?  Are you really planning on participating in clan wars?  Are you skillful enough of a player to be worried about that yet?  Most people would be better off with more garage slots before worrying about premium accounts.

Keep in mind what you are buying and its cost in money.   Garage slots are really the only thing you can buy that gives you expanded gameplay as opposed to simply a short cut to obtain some goal faster and in fewer games.

You were dumb.  Happens at some time to everyone.  Accept this as a lesson learned and strive not to be dumb in the future.

If you need more financial advice, just ask.

Lazyhound #-3 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 01:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Sounds like a serious design problem, OP.

Spoiler                     

Mugsy_ #-2 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 02:37

Community Department

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
hmmm...not sure what to say. I understand your dilemma, request noted.

Harnisfechten #-1 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 02:45

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Mugsy, a thing WG could do is make it so that when you buy a premium tank for gold, it becomes "unlocked" for credits. So someone can buy a Lowe for 50 bucks, and then if they sell it, they can rebuy it for the equivalent cost in credits. That would solve any issue with people accidentaly selling tanks or whatever.

GhostUnitVII #0 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 02:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
my responce to you selling your Premium tanks, especially your T59 "Dot Dot Dot"

my responce to you selling all your premium tanks with JagTiger... "facepalm"

the idea to having a premium tank, is to make money... by working for it, instead of loading up a card, buying about 100$ in tanks and then reselling them for only a crap 10mil ingame silver... like said earlyer, what dafaq were you thinking of?

Edited by GhostUnitVII, Dec 12 2012 - 02:51.