Unable to launch

Permissions problems

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Orannis #1 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 13:45

Captain

• Players
  • 8173 battles
  • [PUPEH] PUPEH
Okay, so im fairly new to this game, just tried it yesterday, install took forever(5+ hours) and after the install, i just clicked play and everything worked properly, but when I exited WoT and back to the desktop, i tried launching it through the shortcut on the desktop and came up with a message saying something:"...cannot launch file, you may not have the permissions..." And of course, my account on windows is standard user, and parents accounts are admin, and im the only one who ever uses the computer(paranoid that im going to download something on accident if i go on an admin account). So i got a parent, and right clicked the shortcut and went to properties,  and i went to security and we tried to give my account full access to everything on the launcher, nothing worked. But if the login screen asking for admin password came up that would be fine, but that did show up.  Then we went to an admin account and the game ran smoothly from the launcher. But my parents are so paranoid and distrusting WoT just on opinion of where it was originated(EU).  So then we went to the "my computer" and then games to WoT and then tried to give everything in the folder full access. But that still didnt work. I keep reading in the forums though that there needs to be ownership given to the whole file and file destinations, but my parent is getting tired of putting password in every time we want to fiddle with the security settings.  While i was looking through all the properties i kept seeing that the files think that our Operating system is vista and not windows 7 and that the only one who had ownership to the folders was an admin, not standard. Now if i could get the admin password screen that would be fine, but at this point i cant even play the game on standard without uninstalling and then reinstalling the program. But that takes over five hours.

Please help if anyone can

Tsupernami #2 Posted Dec 10 2012 - 13:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 12830 battles
  • [HT] HT
Go to the file location, the one that doesn't use WoT launcher. Drag and drop that onto your desktop and double click that one to play. You'll have to update manually from the website in future, but it skips the permissions bit for you.

tbirdhaze #3 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:57

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
okay i have downloaded the game and the play screen will come up but every time i try to click the play button it shows a white screen and then just shuts off instantly so i can't even play at all it just goes to the white screen and shuts off every time. what do i do?

Tsupernami #4 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 17:24

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 12830 battles
  • [HT] HT
What play screen? Don't click the desktop icon or follow the start, all programs route.

Go to where World of Tanks is saved, in you C: folder. Look for Worldoftanks.exe or the file name (can't remember right now, I'm at work) and click on this one. It should load the game up then for you to log in.

psychocandy #5 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:03

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
okay so when i log in it loads everything right and it stops at updating modules and i left it go for 2 hours and it still just sits there . Help!

mtamosaitis #6 Posted Jan 08 2013 - 20:51

Private

• Players
  • 629 battles
I am experiencing kind of the same problem. I can play under my log in. but my son cannot under his log in on the same computer.