Jump to content


Rampage's Ruckus

Major_Rampage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
625 replies to this topic

Major_Rampage #1 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:28

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,714
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012
Okay folks there has been some people who wanted to know who I am and how I judge the contests.  So I am starting this thread for everyone to have a chance to get to know me and understand my interests and sense of humor.

Feel free to follow me on twitter:  @Major_Rampage  or on Raptr (Just click on the banner below).

So information about me...  where to start.  Well I was a child of the 80's  I grew up with Masters of the Universe,  GI Joe,  Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the background for my entertainment.  

I started playing computer games  on my Apple IIe,  with games like Tetris,  Oregon Trail,  Pick-a-dilly Pair, and a game called  Eamon (my first RPG) to name a few.  

Around that time I got first  console,  the original NES,  and I was primarily console gamer for many year.  My collection of gaming systems includes:  The Atari 2600,  Comodore 64 (with the tape deck),  NES,  SNES,  N64,  Game Cube,  Original Gameboy (Yes the bring),  Gameboy Advanced SP,  Virtual Boy,  Playstation,  Playstation 2, Xbox, and Xbox360.

Most of the console games  I have are RPGs,  fighting games,  Platform or wrestling games.

I am also an avid reader,  I have read almost everything written by Stephen King,  Dean Koontz,  and Michael Critchon.  My favorite series include Lord of the Rings,  The Dark Tower Series, The increasingly Inaccurately named Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy, and almost everything in the Dragonlance Saga.  I have a soft spot for science fiction and fantasy literature,  and I am always open to suggestions of new books.

I don't follow very many series on TV right now.  I am watching The Walking Dead,  Revolution,  and Arrow right now.  Along with my weekly wrestling shows.  I don't have the patience most of the time for on going series.  I have been watching many series from the 80s and 90s on Netflix,  it's been a pleasure to be able to watch series that I enjoyed in the order in which they aired.  In last years I have done all of Star Trek:  The Next Generation,  Deep Space Nine and Voyager.  Add to that list Battlestar Galatica (the new series),  Lost,  and  I am in the  middle of Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

I think have a quirky sense of humor.  

Now that the introduction is out of the way,  I am going use this as off topic thread,  and my corner to hang out on the forums.  

Feel free to ask my any questions.  I will answer anything I can.

I will leave you with Happy Fluffy Clouds....

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

KarateF22 #2 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 2,631
  • Member since:
    01-21-2011
Happy little trees.

I always found that guy hilarious to watch.

Spanisharmada #3 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,217
  • Member since:
    12-17-2011
Dat Afro



Me thinks dats Major Rampage

__Worm__ #4 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,528
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
Blaine the train is insane...

(checking to see if .....)

Danger_Weasel #5 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:33

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 732
  • Member since:
    03-16-2012

View PostSpanisharmada, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:31, said:

Dat Afro



Me thinks dats Major Rampage

thats bob ross, hes excellent

ArrogantWorms #6 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 3,527
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012
I like long walks on the beach.........






















:Smile_veryhappy:  :Smile_veryhappy:  :Smile_veryhappy:

Anyways, two posts from Devs/Admins showing their human sides. I approve most heartily

t42592 #7 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:34

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    11-13-2010
You know he's dead, right? (Ross) Good intro, btw.  Thanks.

Edited by t42592, Dec 11 2012 - 00:36.


Spanisharmada #8 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,217
  • Member since:
    12-17-2011

View PostDanger_Weasel, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:33, said:

thats bob ross, hes excellent

Bob Ross = Major rampage

They are equally awesome

Major_Rampage #9 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:41

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,714
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View PostSpanisharmada, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:31, said:

Dat Afro



Me thinks dats Major Rampage

I do have pretty awesome hair,  but afro I don't think I can pull off.

View Postl_Worm_l, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:32, said:

Blaine the train is insane...

(checking to see if .....)

Blaine is a Pain.

And that's the truth.

isaacalmeida #10 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,288
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
The Chieftain's Random Musings Thread 2.0?

yeah that was a pretty stupid comment sorry

Edited by isaacalmeida, Jan 06 2013 - 06:06.


Halsinki #11 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 00:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:28, said:

I am also an avid reader,  I have read almost everything written by Stephen King,  Dean Koontz,  and Michael Critchon.  My favorite series include Lord of the Rings,  The Dark Tower Series, The increasingly Inaccurately named Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy, and almost everything in the Dragonlance Saga.  I have a soft spot for science fiction and fantasy literature,  and I am always open to suggestions of new books.

If you enjoy the Dragonlance stuff then I would suggest looking at R.A. Salvatore if you haven't already. I would suggest starting with The Dark Elf Trilogy (the prequels for Drizzt) and The Cleric Quintet; both of which are set in the Forgotten Realms setting. Both sets will both keep you up until dawn reading and will have you salivating over your next book in line.

Major_Rampage #12 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 01:09

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,714
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View PostHalsinki, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:59, said:

If you enjoy the Dragonlance stuff then I would suggest looking at R.A. Salvatore if you haven't already. I would suggest starting with The Dark Elf Trilogy (the prequels for Drizzt) and The Cleric Quintet; both of which are set in the Forgotten Realms setting. Both sets will both keep you up until dawn reading and will have you salivating over your next book in line.

I have read the first Dark Elf Trilogy.  I have been looking for a the compete second trilogy every time I at used book store(with my collection of books,  the used book store is my haven).  I have not heard of the Cleric Quintet,  I will have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

dance210 #13 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 01:16

    Associate eSports Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 1,401
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Dec 11 2012 - 00:41, said:

I do have pretty awesome hair,  but afro I don't think I can pull off.


I dunno, I bet you could pull it off. Think of it as a science experiment ;)

Halsinki #14 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 02:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Dec 11 2012 - 01:09, said:

I have read the first Dark Elf Trilogy.  I have been looking for a the compete second trilogy every time I at used book store(with my collection of books,  the used book store is my haven).  I have not heard of the Cleric Quintet,  I will have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!

You can find both The Icewind Dale Trilogy and The Cleric Quintet through Amazon. Not only will Amazon carry sales on them from time to time but there are also quite a few re-sellers that ship through Amazon's system. The Cleric Quintet is a one-off series for the most part but it is a very good read like the Dark Elf Trilogy. There are two characters in the series that branched off into other Forgotten Realms books including a few in the Drizzt series. Good luck on finding them. They'll make a fine addition to your collection.

Major_Rampage #15 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 03:05

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,714
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View PostHalsinki, on Dec 11 2012 - 02:13, said:

You can find both The Icewind Dale Trilogy and The Cleric Quintet through Amazon. Not only will Amazon carry sales on them from time to time but there are also quite a few re-sellers that ship through Amazon's system. The Cleric Quintet is a one-off series for the most part but it is a very good read like the Dark Elf Trilogy. There are two characters in the series that branched off into other Forgotten Realms books including a few in the Drizzt series. Good luck on finding them. They'll make a fine addition to your collection.

I will check them out for sure,  even being the online geek that I am I try to get what I can from the local brick and mortar stores when I can.  Like (Table Top) gaming stores with there being less and less of them,  I try to support them when I can.

Halsinki #16 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 03:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Dec 11 2012 - 03:05, said:

I will check them out for sure,  even being the online geek that I am I try to get what I can from the local brick and mortar stores when I can.  Like (Table Top) gaming stores with there being less and less of them,  I try to support them when I can.

I agree completely... but I think The Dark Elf Trilogy is the only one that I found in a mom & pop shop. Dragonlance books will frequent those shops but it will be hard to find either the Cleric Quintet or the Icewind Dale trilogy at a second hand shop. People just don't get rid of them since they're just about collector's items now.

Major_Rampage #17 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 04:17

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,714
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View PostHalsinki, on Dec 11 2012 - 03:56, said:

I agree completely... but I think The Dark Elf Trilogy is the only one that I found in a mom & pop shop. Dragonlance books will frequent those shops but it will be hard to find either the Cleric Quintet or the Icewind Dale trilogy at a second hand shop. People just don't get rid of them since they're just about collector's items now.

If you like Dragonlance,  have you read the annotated versions?  The insight some of the notes provided were pretty amazing.

Halsinki #18 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 04:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,622
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMajor_Rampage, on Dec 11 2012 - 04:17, said:

If you like Dragonlance,  have you read the annotated versions?  The insight some of the notes provided were pretty amazing.

The wife has read quite a few; the ones we have in our bookcase anyway. I haven't been able to get into them myself as the ones that I've tried I found had a hard to read style for me. I may try again though one day.

MaxiumGrind #19 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 05:13

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    12-17-2010
yo Major, if you like Koontz, give a whirl at some of john saul, and christopher Pike's ( his larger books)

Major_Rampage #20 Posted Dec 11 2012 - 07:15

    Game Events Manager

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 3,714
  • Member since:
    01-04-2012

View PostMaxiumGrind, on Dec 11 2012 - 05:13, said:

yo Major, if you like Koontz, give a whirl at some of john saul, and christopher Pike's ( his larger books)

I read a few John Saul,  but never found a book that engaged me.  Do you have any specifics you enjoyed?