Jump to content


8.2 hits EU server tomorrow while NA players left in the cold.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
116 replies to this topic

GeneralDirection #81 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:24

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 5829 battles
  • 3,011
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View Posthiipanda, on Dec 12 2012 - 01:29, said:

Do delays in the Eu and Na update delay other patches?

Generally they don't. It's only in extreme cases were additional people need to troubleshoot an issue.

Millbarge #82 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 03:31

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 34941 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011

View PostYankee, on Dec 11 2012 - 20:00, said:

Every single time, its RU, EU, NA

get over yourself

that's the exact order of our importance to WG as well...

and the order by which they decide how much respect the players are given.

MajorStewie #83 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 04:19

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14582 battles
  • 456
  • [BULLS] BULLS
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
were not special  :arta:

Superaman #84 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 04:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8976 battles
  • 972
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 12 2012 - 03:31, said:

that's the exact order of our importance to WG as well...

and the order by which they decide how much respect the players are given.

Quoted for Truth

Jiri_Starrider #85 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:27

    Major

  • Wiki Staff
  • 6924 battles
  • 2,401
  • [TB] TB
  • Member since:
    09-28-2010

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 12 2012 - 03:31, said:

that's the exact order of our importance to WG as well...

and the order by which they decide how much respect the players are given.
Or perhaps it could be based on population? Nah... too easy, better to be bitter and entitled.

Enaris #86 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 16771 battles
  • 2,989
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostJiri_Starrider, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:27, said:

Or perhaps it could be based on population? Nah... too easy, better to be bitter and entitled.
You pretty much pegged it.  Considering how pretty much every game out there goes #1 US, #2 someone else, it's actually a fair exchange.

Millbarge #87 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:33

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 34941 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011

View PostJiri_Starrider, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:27, said:

Or perhaps it could be based on population? Nah... too easy, better to be bitter and entitled.

you're right, better to not base it on the huge amounts of money we make for them...

and in general its ALWAYS a good idea to talk down to and create reasons to ignore vast swathes of your customers..

instead of just treating everyone equally.

Enaris #88 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 16771 battles
  • 2,989
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:33, said:

you're right, better to not base it on the huge amounts of money we make for them...

and in general its ALWAYS a good idea to talk down to and create reasons to ignore vast swathes of your customers..

instead of just treating everyone equally.

Last I knew, the RU server was way more than 10x ours, and the Euro was 3x more than ours.  Yeah, we may spend a bit more cash per person, but that's no reason to assume we have to be special snowflakes.

(As to them talking down to us... from what I can see, they talk down to everyone.  I think it may be a cultural thing.  Customer Relations just don't work the same there)

MaxMike #89 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 16349 battles
  • 3,433
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011
Crap this and the Mayan thing...

goff #90 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 6069 battles
  • 9,596
  • [_UP_] _UP_
  • Member since:
    09-05-2012
When is 8.2 coming up ? Want to get that French heavy.

Urban_Cohort #91 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 10255 battles
  • 2,777
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
Meh, I honestly find all these relatively rapid updates annoying...and I only run a lightly modded WoT Client, I hate to think how it is for the heavy modders to find the updated versions of whatever they run.

Halsinki #92 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12571 battles
  • 1,637
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:33, said:

you're right, better to not base it on the huge amounts of money we make for them...

and in general its ALWAYS a good idea to talk down to and create reasons to ignore vast swathes of your customers..

instead of just treating everyone equally.

This is a prime example of the American Entitlement Syndrome. It takes quite a bit of gall to think that the 200k active registered accounts on the NA servers spend more money than either players on the Russian *servers* or the EU server. I know it might stretch the imagination of some a little bit to say this but you know they do work and get paychecks as well in Russia and Europe. I would dare to say that that there is a larger % of free players on the NA server than there is on those. Even if the % is close across all servers it doesn't take a market analyst to figure that Wargaming is being bankrolled in large part just from the Russian servers.

As far as communication goes... that's just the way they communicate in their own language. It's not their fault that it doesn't translate well directly into English. Besides, maybe if we weren't so damn worried about being politically correct and fu-fu with each other then our country wouldn't be in the toilet like it is today.

If you don't like what I had to say about that well... okay. Soldier on...

Urban_Cohort #93 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 10255 battles
  • 2,777
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostHalsinki, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:48, said:

This is a prime example of the American Entitlement Syndrome. It takes quite a bit of gall to think that the 200k active registered accounts on the NA servers spend more money than either players on the Russian *servers* or the EU server. I know it might stretch the imagination of some a little bit to say this but you know they do work and get paychecks as well in Russia and Europe. I would dare to say that that there is a larger % of free players on the NA server than there is on those. Even if the % is close across all servers it doesn't take a market analyst to figure that Wargaming is being bankrolled in large part just from the Russian servers.
It could be that the info was erroneous but I do believe there was a thread (with sources?  I can't remember clearly) stating that NA does indeed generate the majority of WG's revenue.

Edited by Urban_Cohort, Dec 12 2012 - 05:52.


Millbarge #94 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 05:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 34941 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011

View PostUrban_Cohort, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:51, said:

It could be that the info was erroneous but I do believe there was a thread (with sources?  I can't remember clearly) stating that NA does indeed generate the majority of WG's revenue.

looking that info up is far more difficult than just insulting all Americans.

and as many of you seemed to have missed my point...

all i am saying is that we be treated equally and with respect.

I find it sad that so many would argue against that.

as for the patch, i couldn't care less when we get it...

let another server find the bugs.

Urban_Cohort #95 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 06:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 10255 battles
  • 2,777
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostMillbarge, on Dec 12 2012 - 05:59, said:

looking that info up is far more difficult than just insulting all Americans...

if only he had chosen to insult a different country,

then he would have been punished for racism/xenophobia.
Eh, everyone's got issues.  I prefer not to judge where others can hear me.

Interestingly, I'm having trouble remembering what the thread was even called.

Edited by Urban_Cohort, Dec 12 2012 - 06:04.


Millbarge #96 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 06:08

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 34941 battles
  • 4,536
  • Member since:
    01-18-2011

View PostUrban_Cohort, on Dec 12 2012 - 06:02, said:

Interestingly, I'm having trouble remembering what the thread was even called.

i can't recall the name either...

but i believe that it was part of an interview with SerbB.

Urban_Cohort #97 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 06:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 10255 battles
  • 2,777
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

http://images3.wikia...Zev_Senesca.jpg
I've found them!  I repeat: I've found them!

Enaris #98 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 06:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 16771 battles
  • 2,989
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
Reading that, I'm not sure if it's talking about the amount of money for the server, or per player.  The way he spoke about the Japanese, I'd suspect the latter.  I honestly find it hard to believe that we outspend 10x our own numbers.

Urban_Cohort #99 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 06:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 10255 battles
  • 2,777
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011

View PostEnaris, on Dec 12 2012 - 06:19, said:

Reading that, I'm not sure if it's talking about the amount of money for the server, or per player.  The way he spoke about the Japanese, I'd suspect the latter.  I honestly find it hard to believe that we outspend 10x our own numbers.
I personally have no trouble believing that we Americans are 10x the suckers when compared to our Russian comrades.  I mean, I love my country, but neither do I hold any illusions.

Enaris #100 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 06:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 16771 battles
  • 2,989
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T
  • Member since:
    03-05-2011
The article that is taken from: http://www.gamesindu...of-free-to-play

A quote a bit above the one you were referencing:

Quote

Kislyi had no reservations about revealing the company's conversion rate; the percentage of players who become payers, and whether that conversion rate has remained the same over time. "It's the same. We have a stable percentage," said Kislyi. "It differs a little bit from territory to territory, like China is the lowest, Russia is the highest. Japanese players pay the most money but we don't operate in Japan yet, so they play on an American server. It's like 25, 30 percent approximately, which is very high in the industry. Don't forget, this is a game catering to a different audience than traditional shooting games or MMOs, which are more for teenagers or younger audience. This is more for older guys who used to be fascinated by plastic models in their childhood."

If I'm reading that correctly, he's saying that Russia has the highest % of paying players.  Even if they are paying a minimal amount per player (premium tank here, garage slot there), the numbers game still would point to the Russian Server being the major cash cow.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users