WoT just trolled me - Find what's wrong with this picture

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
99 replies to this topic

Shackram #81 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Drowned tanks can take damage and can be destroyed. You don't get XP or kill for destroying it but the drowned tank will receive a repair bill.

I believe it's the same for any other "all crew dead" situation, such as from penetrating hits.

Wiki makes no discrepancy between crew dead by drowning and by enemy fire.

View PostCastorHoS, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:49, said:

Do you people really not play this game at all?

I believe you should stop playing under influence, because it's making you think you're the only expert in a game that only you play(and not that good at it, i should add).

View PostSHISHKABOB, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:54, said:

oh, well I guess that's what you should expect from a Nazi-sympathizer

CastorHoS is estagado/HandOfSatan?

Explains a lot.

FROMCANADAWITHLOVE #82 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:01

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBrock7142, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:57, said:

Before or after everyone started piecing together where crew were situated in it and realized the easy penetrations on crew locations?

both i guess, still doesn't happen to me.

SHISHKABOB #83 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostShackram, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:59, said:

Explains a lot.

I recognize the name from CR/D; I think so yeah olololo.

CastorHoS #84 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Posthardicon, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:54, said:

um yeah i do play the game.  i do wonder if you do though.  you can shoot a tank that has drowned and destroy it, you dont get anything for it, no damage credit, no kill credit, no credit earned from damage, nothing and im not sure if they get the repair bill for a dead tank but this can be done.  it has happened to me in live games, it has happened to me in training rooms with friends.  if you need me to prove it to you I can tonight, will just need you and one other person to verify.  you go drown and ill go shoot.

You can not kill or destroy an already destroyed tank. The bug may be that tanks that drown are the only ones able to have hitpoints taken off after they drown since that is a a function put in with the game mechanic changes where as the mechanic of crew being all killed was in well before that. Ive never been able to damage a tank that all the crew has been killed. Ive seen it a few times from arty in CW's, have had it done by arty in pubs and Ive not been able to do any damage or have damage done after the crew was all killed.

thetankguy10 #85 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yea its happend to me in my IS shooting a T-28 and it pinged then i relized his crew was died and i blowed 4k

KilgorSoS #86 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:07

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCanucker, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:09, said:

crew can't be all dead unless drowning.

Yes this is the "Zombie Tank" glitch that popped up with 8.0

I understand that this will be fixed with 8.2, and IMO it arose when tanks that drown are not FULLY destroyed, and this seems to be the case, where the system glitches and thinks this dead tank is a drowned one, as the last 2 times I have encountered them, the player was asked, and responded that it was DEATH, not crew death...

So 8.2 brings TOTAL destruction to drowned tanks, and we will see that "Zombie Tanks" dissapear as well.

CastorHoS #87 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostShackram, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:59, said:

Drowned tanks can take damage and can be destroyed. You don't get XP or kill for destroying it but the drowned tank will receive a repair bill.

I believe it's the same for any other "all crew dead" situation, such as from penetrating hits.

Wiki makes no discrepancy between crew dead by drowning and by enemy fire.

I believe you should stop playing under influence, because it's making you think you're the only expert in a game that only you play(and not that good at it, i should add).

Explains a lot.

Kids should be in school.

Fixed a low cost of repair of the tank after drowning.

http://worldoftanks....2-update-notes/

A tank once destroyed by drowning, i.e. crew all dead, cant be destroyed a second time. The repair bill is cheaper and why arty pull the stunt.

SHISHKABOB #88 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCastorHoS, on Dec 12 2012 - 20:07, said:

Kids should be in school.

"lol I called u a kid i am teh pwnzorz"

purestevil #89 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I had this happen to me in my Tetrarch in Province a few days back.  Enemy Tank looked like he had 9% health, but I wasn't getting audio feedback for hits and after pumping about 8 more rounds into him I saw he wasn't on the minimap either.  Then I continued killing the rest of their team.   Still, it kinda sucked that it looked like a live tank, but was not actually so.

hardicon #90 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:12

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCastorHoS, on Dec 12 2012 - 20:02, said:

You can not kill or destroy an already destroyed tank. The bug may be that tanks that drown are the only ones able to have hitpoints taken off after they drown since that is a a function put in with the game mechanic changes where as the mechanic of crew being all killed was in well before that. Ive never been able to damage a tank that all the crew has been killed. Ive seen it a few times from arty in CW's, have had it done by arty in pubs and Ive not been able to do any damage or have damage done after the crew was all killed.

yes that is true.  the key point is destroyed.  if it is done by enemy fire it is considered destroyed.  if it is done by your own hand it is not.  i believe this is what is going to be fixed with the patch, not sure.  if you suicide, the message is so and so lost in battle.  not destroyed.  if your crew gets shot by arty and are all dead, the message is so and so tank was destroyed by so and so.  for some reason they still allowed the tank to take damage after crew drowning. next patch its probably just gonna show up as destroyed and be done with it but as of right now, a drowned tank can and will take damage.  it just wont matter.  in the case of the last arty on the map its a effective tactic right now because once it dies the game is over, there is only a few seconds it can take damage so it works but next time someone drowns early, go to their tank if you get the chance and shoot it.

Noch #91 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I died in my A-20 once with HP left. Apparently I ran out of fuel when my fuel tanks got shot.

DesertCanine #92 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:15

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostNoch, on Dec 12 2012 - 20:14, said:

I died in my A-20 once with HP left. Apparently I ran out of fuel when my fuel tanks got shot.

You don't run out of fuel when your fuel tanks get shot.

Fearmeister #93 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostNoch, on Dec 12 2012 - 20:14, said:

lolwut?

hardicon #94 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostKilgorSoS, on Dec 12 2012 - 20:07, said:

Yes this is the "Zombie Tank" glitch that popped up with 8.0

I understand that this will be fixed with 8.2, and IMO it arose when tanks that drown are not FULLY destroyed, and this seems to be the case, where the system glitches and thinks this dead tank is a drowned one, as the last 2 times I have encountered them, the player was asked, and responded that it was DEATH, not crew death...

So 8.2 brings TOTAL destruction to drowned tanks, and we will see that "Zombie Tanks" dissapear as well.

no kilgore its been around since beta.  I dont think its a glitch unless your talking about the drowned tank being glitched.  there is a rather famous pic of a object 704 in beta that got hit by a arty and it took very little damage, 20 percent or so maybe 50 but it registered as dead.  several people shot at it several times and it actually held a flank up for a while before someone asked if the tank was dead and the object replied he was, all of his crew got killed.  it is shown as death and the death message pops up but the tank still has health so it doesnt get the destroyed tank model.

of course you could be talking about a actual glitch but when crew death happens the tank is not destroyed, the death message is given but the tank itsels still has hit points, been here since beta.

Pope_Shizzle #95 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:34

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
It's simple.  When the crew is dead, the tank is dead.  You can't further damage the tank.  If there are hp left on it, the hp stay.  The tank becomes invulnerable.  That's how the mechanic works.  Working as Designed.

CILgel #96 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Had this happen on Mines in my MS-1. Crew both dead, tank at 90% or so and  every passerby taken a whack at me to no avail. Couldn't revive the crew and was listed as destroyed but still at 90 or so %. Game feature I'd guess.  Working as intended probably but they may want to rework that so someone can get the damage points.

Wraith27 #97 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:48

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostSHISHKABOB, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:19, said:

Yes, actually it does "kill" your tank. It's happened to me before in my Hotchkiss (it only has two crewmembers).

It's not a glitch, or anything like that. Wargaming just needs to implement some feature that lets you know when you're shooting at a crew-killed tank.

This^^^  See it more at low tiers when there is smaller crew.  I wish WG would change or grey out the icon.

Oh, and how the heck did their JT 8.8 not get a single kill?  Wow.  Artied?

Koschka #98 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostCanucker, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:09, said:

crew can't be all dead unless drowning.

Happened to a clan mate I was platooned with last night. He got hit, forget by the tank but it was a derp with HE, it didn't blow up his tank but killed all his crew and he was counted as dead, couldn't even use the medkit.

Normally the tank is not only greyed out on the side list but on the display as well. His was greyed out as a dead tank but it showed him with health. The OP pic looks like a glitch where it still showed the name etc when close to the tank not greyed out.

BydloKurwa #99 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostCastorHoS, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:44, said:

Again and Ill post the needed info form the stinkin website since you cant read.

The minute the last crew member is dead the tank becomes a destroyed tank, no glitch it is by design. It can tank no damage, can not be destroyed, as it is already destroyed.

And yes your lack of games played and experience should be brought into as you evidently have no clue what you are talking about.

No, after the HP bar goes dark, the HP will still go down if you shoot it. And if you take all the HP the tank will blow up but you get no xp for it.

Maybe it's been changed in 8.0, but before that you could shoot a tank with dead crew and destroy it.

Catatonick #100 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 23:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Lol I had a friend get hit once with a Churchill I round and his entire crew died.  I laughed as his 100% tank just made a dead stop.