Is there a way to accumulate XP faster?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Reckers #1 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway.  I have a Wolverine and an Easy 8 and I'm trying to Elite both.  Naturally, the last step on each is taking forever for me to accumulate enough XP.  I have about 6 other tanks, all Elited, but working on their Perks----starving them to feed the remaining two doesn't appeal to me.  Am I correct that the only alternative I have is to just play the shit out of those two (with as many wins as possible)?  My plan is to get every unit Elited and then stop growing my fleet; it's better to work on my skills with the iron I have and get the crews up to speed.    Right now, I play each unit until I earn the daily 2X and then spend the rest of my time on the non-elited two.  I guess I could abandon the rest and their 2X's, but that seems poor judgement.  Any suggestions?

Alte_Kameraden #2 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Win... do damge...dont die.... do damage.... um... do damage.... shoot bigger tanks, as you get a bonus for tanks tiered higher than you.

Red_Raven_168 #3 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
pay for a premium account

paradat #4 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Yeah premium really makes a big difference + 50% XP adds up fast. Premium tanks are nice as well. You can use them for farm credits and to accumulate XP that you can then use gold to turn into free xp. I personaly don't like to convert xp for gold but if you are in a hurry it is the way to go.

So as you can see I have just over 13,000 battles. Now that is a decent number but I have been on premium for just about all of it. Premium and a bunch of credit farmers have let me unlock and buy a really large number of tanks(about 85% of the tanks). If you want to advance quickly up the tiers it is very nice to have.

Edited by paradat, Dec 12 2012 - 19:45.

turtle722 #5 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:41

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
As said above, do more damage.  XP is based on damage.

You can also get a premium tank and pay to convert to free xp.  Having free XP is a great way to speed up grinds, but it costs $.

Reckers #6 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks for the input.  I'll either have to quit whining about it or go Premium, I guess.

waynejr2 #7 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostReckers, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:35, said:

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask anyway.  I have a Wolverine and an Easy 8 and I'm trying to Elite both.  Naturally, the last step on each is taking forever for me to accumulate enough XP.  I have about 6 other tanks, all Elited, but working on their Perks----starving them to feed the remaining two doesn't appeal to me.  Am I correct that the only alternative I have is to just play the shit out of those two (with as many wins as possible)?  My plan is to get every unit Elited and then stop growing my fleet; it's better to work on my skills with the iron I have and get the crews up to speed. Right now, I play each unit until I earn the daily 2X and then spend the rest of my time on the non-elited two.  I guess I could abandon the rest and their 2X's, but that seems poor judgement.  Any suggestions?
Generally win more.  How?  Raise the percentage of shots that hit their target. Also do more damage.  You will become a better player which is something you will need when you get to the top.

Reckers #8 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
What's the better investment:  Premium Tank, or Premium Account?  I like staying in the American equipment line.

bumpkin #9 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostReckers, on Dec 12 2012 - 19:52, said:

What's the better investment:  Premium Tank, or Premium Account?  I like staying in the American equipment line.

The premium account is will generate much more xp in the short term than a Premium tank.  You still only get the double for premium tanks once a day.  The premium account will also generate more credits for each battle.

You also earn more XP for close combat shots then long range.  I believe the max distance for close combat boost is 50 meters.

Edited by bumpkin, Dec 12 2012 - 19:57.

Lert #10 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:54

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
Or, try to improve your play. I hate to be the guy that says "hey, you suck" since you seem to be an intelligent and polite person, but - ... well, you suck, at this game atleast.

If I were you I'd start by slowly working to improve my game. XP and credits will come with better performance. I see on your profile that you're listed as 60 y/o, so age might also be a factor (I'm 36 and can already see my reflexes, eyesight etc go backwards) but even at your age there's room for learning and improvement.

As for what to improve, and how to improve? That would require a more in-depth look at your current play style. Do you rush out often and die early? Hold back a bit, let other people be the front. Is your hit rate low? Apply a little bit more patience before shooting. Do your shots often bounce? Learn more about weak spots and armor angling. Are you often killed by tanks or TD's you never even saw? Read up about the spotting / camo system and be the invisible tank.

There are large amounts of guides and tutorials on this forum that might help you. Here is a link to the guides and tutorials subforum, and here is a link to my own humble collection of guides for beginners.

A premium account will only be worth it if you play enough games in a given timeframe to make it worth it. Even then, whether or not it's 'worth' it will be subjective. But the more games played in a given timeframe, the more effective premium account is.

A premium tank is a one-time investment, if you want to use it for grinding credits. However, if you want to use it to grind XP, it will require the one-time investment as well as some gold to convert all the XP you want to convert. You can't use the XP on the premium tank for other tanks without converting it, and at a cost of 1 gold for every 25 XP converted, this could get expensive real fast.

Hope this helps. Happy reading and happy tanking! Hope to see you on the battlefield.

Red_Raven_168 #11 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

premium account costs a fixed amount of gold to generate credits and exp at 1.5 rate

premium or elite tank - generates experience that can be converted to free experience

at the cost of 1 gold per 25 exp

for the second option you don't need a premium tank - you only need an elited tank -- and the cost of conversion remains the same

edlewies #12 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:06

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
if you plan to grind into Tier 9 and 10 both a premium account and premium tank (preferably tier 8 prem tank) is the way to go.

once you hit Tier 9 you can start losing credits for a bad round.

Reckers #13 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
All good advice, and thank you.  Lert, no offense taken---IIWII.  I'm gradually moving toward TD's because of the hand-eye-reflex thing; whipping an LT around in circles and shooting isn't my strong point.  Disciplining myself to stay off the front line is difficult, but I'm making progress and my kill-count us rising.  I'll either get better or continue to suck and stay in the lower tiers.  In the end, it's just a game and my manhood won't suffer if I can't run with the big dogs.  Thank you for honest advice.

bumpkin #14 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 20:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Another perk of the premium tank is crew training.  You can swap the crew of any like type & nation into a premium tank with out getting a performance penalty.  Meaning if you have an IS-6, you can move the crew from any Russian Heavy into the IS-6 so they get double - double experience.  I do this with my KV-3 crew and the KV-5, M46 patton and T26E4, M103 and T14.  I know I cheaped out and didn't get the T34.  The Russian and medium US crews are well into their 3rd skill.  The M103 crew is like 89% done with their second skill.

JLK_250 #15 Posted Dec 12 2012 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Like people have said, the only ways to accumulate XP faster is premium account, more battles, and better play.   The higher you go, the longer it takes.

As far as which tanks to play, if you're not in a hurry, only play stock tanks for one win per day so you minimize the number of times you have to play them stock (cuz stock tanks suck).  Once they're fully upgraded then play them however often you want.  If you're in a hurry to research the next tank in line then play the crap out of it.  If you're not in a hurry just play the tanks you like to play.  You can't go wrong playing tanks you like to play!