cannot update, keep getting a critical error

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Matty602 #1 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 13:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 4717 battles
keep getting a Critical error when trying to update localization package how do i fix this?

Edited by Matty602, Dec 13 2012 - 13:58.

Blackhorse_Six #2 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 14:00

Major

• Players
  • 25523 battles
  • [2_11] 2_11
Have you tried a Restart and/or new Restore point?

Matty602 #3 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 14:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 4717 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six, on Dec 13 2012 - 14:00, said:

Have you tried a Restart and/or new Restore point?

oh you mean on my computer, i just turnt the computer on and did the update right now, and no i have not did a new restore point at all on this computer

Edited by Matty602, Dec 13 2012 - 14:06.

ANDRlC #4 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 14:14

Private

• Players
  • 12959 battles
  • [SRB] SRB
I used the have an issue when updating patches. My computer would BSOD and reboot. Disabled anti-virus real-time protection and had no issues.

Hope this helps.

Matty602 #5 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 14:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 4717 battles
i have all that turnt off, even windows firewall i tried turning off and still does it,guess i will have to reinstall the whole game over again

Matty602 #6 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 16:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 4717 battles
nope still wont work, reinstalled the game and everything still getting critical error

major_smartass #7 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 20:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 360 battles
me too. :-(

uninstalled and gonna try reinstalling from scratch.  hopefully that'll work.  it better - I like this game and I'll be pissed if I get shut out after 2 days.

nope, still failing. :-(  sent a ticket to support and uninstalled the game. :-/  I'll try again in a couple of days when I'm less annoyed.

Edited by major_smartass, Dec 13 2012 - 22:11.

MouseyGloom #8 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 21:14

Private

• Players
  • 2260 battles
Yep I get the same error I uninstalled the game deleted all WOT data I could find reseted my computer then reinstalled and still did not work.

Turned off my firewall, disabled anti-virus, reseted my router I do tons of things and nope no workie.

I ended up putting up a support ticket cause I'm blank on what to do.

It actually gets to 80% updated before the error pops up.

Attached File   fgfggfbv.jpg   68.29K

MouseyGloom #9 Posted Dec 13 2012 - 22:11

Private

• Players
  • 2260 battles
Son of a gun I fixed it

I was reading in the forum and someone had a solution.

Because WoT uses the Bittorrent Protocol to download files, this error could be because a piece of the file is missing even when it is completed.  The solution is simple and will save you the hassle of downloading the patch or the whole game again.
Solution
Goto your World of Tanks/Updates directory, inside you should see the patch file and a torrent file.
If you have a torrent application installed, use the torrent file and start a download of the patch.  If you do not have a torrent application, you can get uTorrent Here.
Once the torrent has been accepted, stop the download and go to your download directory for the torrent application.
Copy the patch file from your WoT/Updates into the download directory for the torrent application.  Replace the place holder file that is there.
Go to the torrent application and do a "Force Re-Check" on the patch file, this will make sure all the pieces are present.  If your missing a piece, start the download to get the missing pieces.
When all missing parts are finished, do a recheck to make sure.  If it is good, copy the file back to the updates folder replacing the old damaged file.

With the file fixed, it should now update properly.  To the developers, I would suggest an automated force re-check in the launcher to prevent this.  It can activate upon failure to patch because some times things just get lost in transit.
I did this process my self and it fixed the patch file.  Enjoy.

I did exactly as it is written above and WOT works again :)

Hope this helps b'ys

Edited by MouseyGloom, Dec 13 2012 - 22:18.

major_smartass #10 Posted Dec 14 2012 - 00:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 360 battles

View PostMouseyGloom, on Dec 13 2012 - 22:11, said:

Son of a gun I fixed it

I was reading in the forum and someone had a solution.

Because WoT uses the Bittorrent Protocol to download files, this error could be because a piece of the file is missing even when it is completed.  The solution is simple and will save you the hassle of downloading the patch or the whole game again.
Solution
Goto your World of Tanks/Updates directory, inside you should see the patch file and a torrent file.
If you have a torrent application installed, use the torrent file and start a download of the patch.  If you do not have a torrent application, you can get uTorrent Here.
Once the torrent has been accepted, stop the download and go to your download directory for the torrent application.
Copy the patch file from your WoT/Updates into the download directory for the torrent application.  Replace the place holder file that is there.
Go to the torrent application and do a "Force Re-Check" on the patch file, this will make sure all the pieces are present.  If your missing a piece, start the download to get the missing pieces.
When all missing parts are finished, do a recheck to make sure.  If it is good, copy the file back to the updates folder replacing the old damaged file.

With the file fixed, it should now update properly.  To the developers, I would suggest an automated force re-check in the launcher to prevent this.  It can activate upon failure to patch because some times things just get lost in transit.
I did this process my self and it fixed the patch file.  Enjoy.

I did exactly as it is written above and WOT works again :)

Hope this helps b'ys

I'll try that  - thanks for the update/repost.

nope, same damn error

Edited by major_smartass, Dec 14 2012 - 16:29.

major_smartass #11 Posted Dec 16 2012 - 23:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 360 battles
SOLVED IT.  at least for me.  some of my memory was faulty.

for other people getting that critical error on installing, if you have more than one stick of ram installed turn the computer off and take one out.  see if that solves the problem.  if it doesn't, put that stick back in and take the other one out, etc etc.  also if you have bad memory you will have had trouble with file transfers failing, etc (that's what made me suspect mine).

hope that helps.