AT-15 weakspots?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

diesturmtiger #1 Posted Dec 17 2012 - 07:59

Captain

• Players
  • 9098 battles
Ok, in a match earlier in a T-50-2, roaming around like i always do, made a run to the cap, and generally had a good time. BUT some intelligent AT-15 came back to the base to stop me, so naturally i circled it.

Unfortunately, this has got to be the first tank I have ever met in my T-50-2, to actually bounce ALL of my shots (The T-50-2 can penetrate the Maus if you aim at the right spot) . I even tried to blow up the commanders cupola, the rear, the slanted engine deck, with no success at all. Fortunately, a Panzer III/IV came to help, and the two of us, with great difficulty, managed to stop this monster.

So here am I asking, where should i shoot an AT-15?

Red_Raven_168 #2 Posted Dec 17 2012 - 08:05

Major

• Players
  • 10917 battles

View Postdiesturmtiger, on Dec 17 2012 - 07:59, said:

So here am I asking, where should i shoot an AT-15?
http://www.wotdb.inf...k&tree=25124417

click on "vulnerability"

GameIsRigged #3 Posted Dec 17 2012 - 08:37

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 28304 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Like any other TD, track and shoot any flat areas on its rear.

Friendorpho #4 Posted Dec 17 2012 - 22:20

Captain

• Players
  • 18716 battles
  • [RTR] RTR
The gap around the barrel in the gun mask is essentially 0mm thick as well. You just need to be accurate/close enough to hit it. And the area of the roof that slopes up to meet the cuppolas. It is relatively thin, and many times when tanks try to shoot my cuppolas they end up penning that area instead. The sides of the lower hull tend to be penetrated easily, just don't shoot at them at an angle, and be mindful of the spaced armor.

das_nooblet #5 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 23:31

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 16028 battles
Even with a gun with decent pen, do not bother shooting at the higher of the two cupolas, as it has decent spaced armour. Shoot at the lower one just above the mg port.

Cold_Stream #6 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 23:34

Major

• Players
  • 22591 battles
Me in my low health T29 on himmels, I charge one because a few enemies were behind me and I could use the at15 as cover, When I get to his side, (he was 1 shottable btw 200HP or so) so I shoot his side, Bounced. Shoot again, bounced. And im dead from 2 t20's that charged me. Granted I didnt aim, It should pen the At15 from the side with almost 200 pen...  :Smile_sceptic:

Midnitewolf #7 Posted Feb 09 2013 - 06:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 7150 battles

View PostMigizikody, on Feb 07 2013 - 23:34, said:

Me in my low health T29 on himmels, I charge one because a few enemies were behind me and I could use the at15 as cover, When I get to his side, (he was 1 shottable btw 200HP or so) so I shoot his side, Bounced. Shoot again, bounced. And im dead from 2 t20's that charged me. Granted I didnt aim, It should pen the At15 from the side with almost 200 pen...  :Smile_sceptic:

Actually your right.  You just got screwed by that bug and/or hidden feature, depending on if you enjoy conspiracy theories or not, that seems to cause 90% of shells to bounce on tanks that can and should be killed by one final single hit.

This crap happens to me all the time.  Just a few nights ago, a battle came down to being able to damage or kill a lone AMX 15t on the cap.  My Tiger I with tle L71 88mm gun, zoomed in on him at around 200m and caught him unmoving, out in the open, with is flank completely exposed, no angles.  He was down to 90 HP and I had plent of time to aim and let my circle close to guarentee that kill shot with my laser beam accurate gun.  As I mentioned, I was zoomed in when I fired and was able to watch the tracer fly out to land almost dead on center of my crosshair which was aimed, just below his turret ring, slightly to the rear of his turret.  Shot was balls on pefect.  Imagine my surprise with my 203mm shell fired at a flight trajectory into the flat side of his hull BOUNCED and I do mean bounced, not damaged hit track, not penned for no damage, not randomly disappeared, but BOUNCED off his 20mm of side hull armor.   Hell, isn't if the bore is 3x the armor thickness suppose to autopen?  I mean 88m is more than 4x the armor value so how does it bounce??

Anyway, if it was a one time occurance I would just look at it as random chance but I swear that 80% of the time when I fire at a very low HP tank that should be able to be finished off with that one last final hit, the hit will bounce and I will have to fire a second time to finish him off....IF....I get the chance.  Frustrating is the only word I can think of.