Official Q&A Thread 8.2 Era

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
237 replies to this topic

Mugsy_ #1 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 21:59

Community Department

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
In this thread you can ask members of the development team about WoT things you are interested in. Please read the following before participating:

This thread is being regularly cleaned up so that only players' questions and developers' answers remain.

WARNING: This thread is strictly moderated.

Before posting a question, please search the Q+A thread and other news sources for the information you are seeking.

Moderation rules for this topic:

1) Any kind of spam, flooding, off-topic, posting "+1” or similar comments = 3 days of read-only ban

2) If someone makes an inappropriate post and you reply to it, both of you will receive 3 days of read-only ban. Do not reply to posts violating the rules!

3) If an insult was made and you reply, both of you will receive 3 days of read-only ban. Please remember the insulting person will be sanctioned, no need to retaliate!

4) This is not a suggestions thread. Any suggestion on gameplay improvement = 3 days of read-only ban.

5) Asking a question that was already answered = 1 days of read-only ban. Please check the thread before posting.

6) Any non-constructive discussion of developer's answer = 3 days of read-only ban.

7) Any comment on player's question other than a clear answer = 3 days of read-only ban.

8) Any question about hidden stealth- nerfs or buffs = 3 days of read-only ban.
• All gameplay changes are being made during patches. If there was no patch - there was no change.

9) Attempting to ask the same question, even if it was not answered = 3 days of read-only ban. You can ask your question again if it was removed during thread clean-up, but still was not answered.

10) Before posting a question, please search the Q+A thread and other news sources.

11) Any questions in regards to balance, nerfs or buffs will not be answered.
• Every vehicle is routinely assessed for balance, fairness, and gameplay. Our vehicle stats are living, changing, evolving figures that are maintained based on the feedback and numbers generated by the tank being used in real games. A tank can be OP or UP for a while but over time tanks and groups of tanks are looked at and balanced.

12) Any questions in regards to historic accuracy verses in-game will not be answered.
• At the end of the day the goal of the game is to be fun. History was used as a starting point of game balance but not an end point. Gameplay balance and making every nation feel different in some ways that others is of higher concern.

These rules are in effect as of 11/15/12

By posting in this thread you accept and agree with current moderation rules.

Past Q&A threads can be found in the Q&A Archive section.

Spanisharmada #2 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Will the KV-5 recieve a gun buff?

SULOMON #3 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
What is the estimate on when the Brumbar, Sturmtiger and T-35 will be released?

Mugsy_ #4 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:00

Community Department

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Please continue to check the 8.1 Era thread as all the questions within it will be answered.

stmk #5 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Is there going to be a T21 buff or a nerf on its credit earning potential?

itsdavyjones #6 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Will shooting a tank and only tracking them be changed to include a minimum damage, since it can be quite annoying having a very large shell only take off the tracks of the target tank and do nothing else.

Ganegrei #7 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:07

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
1. Are there any plans to re-work the HESH round mechanics to more closely replicate actual HESH functionality?  Right now HESH functions as essentially standard HE with a higher penetration score.  Useful under some circumstances but not particularly exciting.

2. What is the truth of the reports that the British FV215b will become a TD, with another tank becoming the teir 10 heavy.

3.  Will WG consider reclassifying the new American T21 and T71 as medium tanks.  Right now going from light (M5 Stuart) to medium (M7 Medium) to light (T21 & T71) to medium (T69) is jarring and having the T21 and especially the T71 get scout MM seriously holds back their performance.

Superspeed007 #8 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:19

Major

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles
I just saw that you guys are going to be using Havok for certain things, and multi-core support is apart of it(yay!), are there any more details you can elaborate on how using havok will help or change wot?

Edited by Superspeed007, Dec 21 2012 - 22:27.

Lert #9 Posted Dec 21 2012 - 22:46

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
Is the server park centralized, decentralized, or a combination of both?

Centralized: All content is on all servers, all (gameplay) servers are identical. All maps are loaded as needed, all players logged in to a specific server have a chance to see all the maps. Pro's: redundancy thus reliability, easier to back up / restore a server to standard settings. Cons: Far greater memory requirements to prevent slower performance (All 35+ maps must be cached in memory at all times, because loading them from disk into memory takes time), more difficult to update (every new map must be mirrored across the whole server park).

Decentralized: Different server 'groups' in the server park have a different, smaller map rotation loaded. For example, server group #1 has maps 1 - 8, server group #2 has maps 9 - 16, etc. Upon logging in, a player is assigned to a specific server group. Pro's: Lower memory requirements (keeping 8 maps cached is a lot easier than keeping 35+ maps cached), better performance, easier to update (every new map has to only be mirrored on a server group, instead of the whole server park). Cons: less redundancy thus reliability (losing a server group means losing functionality + player capacity instead of just player capacity), players get to only see X amount of maps per login session.

Combination: Decentralized system, but with added functionality that if a server group goes down, its maps are assigned to the other servers and cached into memory. Pro: doesn't lose map availability upon server group downtime. Con: loading maps from disk takes time and causes wear and tear on the storage hardware.

The reason I'm asking is because of recent threads where people report seeing only seven or eight maps on rotation, while upon looking back through my own history, I see far more maps played. My computer isn't mega stable and locks up every once in a while (I know what the problem is, but I'm too poor to fix it) and, if a decentralized model is used, me logging in and getting thrown onto a different server group with a different map rotation might explain why I would see far more map variety over multiple login sessions, than a player playing the same amount of hours in a single login session might see.

Aralius #10 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 01:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Why have the moderators/develpoers/whover not replied to the the posts made in 8.1 Q/A? There should have at least been a reply to the "you ask, we reply" questions posed in that thread.

Edited by Aralius, Dec 22 2012 - 01:10.

pumpkin_killer #11 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 03:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I really like the holiday garage, and i was wondering if i could somehow copy this, and put it back in once the holidays are over. I like the snow camp alot better than the old rusty dirty garage. Thank you. And also i would like the sounds of the garage as well

Ogopogo #12 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 04:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postpumpkin_killer, on Dec 22 2012 - 03:36, said:

I really like the holiday garage, and i was wondering if i could somehow copy this, and put it back in once the holidays are over. I like the snow camp alot better than the old rusty dirty garage. Thank you. And also i would like the sounds of the garage as well

I believe there are mods available that can do this for you.

Blakp #13 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 06:33

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
For the Christmas garage, im getting a distortion with the fireworks. It's annoying. how do i fix this?

M_FOUR #14 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 06:49

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Why is there such a huge difference in the price of ammo for the British 20 pounder vs. other countries similar caliber. The 20 pounder is 84 mm in caliber and cost 680 per shot, when compare to American 90 mm 255 per shot, 88 German is 250 per shot, and Russian 85 mm is 150 per shot. How do you explain/ justify this huge gap, and how do you expect people to to make money with prices like that. It's no wonder that British tanks are not very numerous in battles.

MBTK #15 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 13:42

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
This may have already been asked, if so i apologize for wasting time and space on your part but will world of tanks ever go into a partner ship with steam? not to waste additional time but in a quick answer may i ask why or why not ???

thank you very much for your time,
MBTK

Moonrider #16 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostMBTK, on Dec 22 2012 - 13:42, said:

This may have already been asked, if so i apologize for wasting time and space on your part but will world of tanks ever go into a partner ship with steam? not to waste additional time but in a quick answer may i ask why or why not ???

thank you very much for your time,
MBTK

It's been asked several times, and the answer has always been no.

majsteven #17 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 19:47

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Are Chinese tech tree going to get Td and arty line? If so what are we going to expect?

-majsteven

majsteven #18 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 19:48

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Also are there possibility that Chinese tech tree is going get auto loader line like the Russian tanks with out the crew?

Darknight194 #19 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 21:54

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hey,
I got this crappy computer and im willing to get a new one...i have under $1000. Which would be a good one for gaming and of course World of tanks?

was1069 #20 Posted Dec 22 2012 - 22:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
New Christmas tank selection screen..

First This new Christmas camp is so totally and completely awesome.!!!!

But where are the people??? it makes you feel so totally and completely lonely.
But then again I Guess that could be your whole point. War is a lonely business.

Thanks lots
Tom.