Slow Map Loads/Stuck at Start of Battles

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

VooDooPC #1 Posted Nov 30 2010 - 06:47

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11337 battles
Since the patch my load times have been much MUCH longer. I used to load before the 30 second countdown even started but now most of the time I can't even start a battle before 10-15 seconds are left on the countdown. A lot of times the battle has already started by the time my map loads.

I also am sometimes, "stuck", at the start of a battle. My tank will animate like it's moving but it won't go anywhere, over the next few seconds it will go anywhere it wants on my screen, sometimes sliding completely sideways and tanks can drive right though me. This usually lasts for 20-30 seconds, sometimes longer. I assume this is lag but my ping is usually around 60-70ms. It rarely goes above 100ms. I don't see how I can be lagging so much at the start of a battle with such a low ping.

My PC isn't a slouch:

i7 920
GTX 480
6gb DDR3 ram
Windows 7 64-bit

My internet is 24Mbps down and 3Mbps up.

My settings are maxed out and don't have any FPS problems.

I even tried uninstalling the game, downloading the full new client and installing a fresh copy, that didn't change anything.

Does anyone know any things I could do to try to fix my game?

MOS11c #2 Posted Nov 30 2010 - 08:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7 battles
System files are located where..... your Hard Disk. Keep your hard disk minimal and clean, and your load times will decrease. I have an intel dual core @2.6 I think, 6 gigs of ram, and just a GT240, however I load with sometimes 40-50 secs on the counter and these are in red meaning the actual counter hasnt started yet.

So basically, back up files you don't use on an external, defrag regularly, and keep it running only for the games that you play. You will notice a major improvement.

VooDooPC #3 Posted Nov 30 2010 - 18:07

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11337 battles
I tried defragging before and after installing, it didn't seem to help. Right now I'm using about 225gb of my 500gb HD. I have another 500gb HD for backed up files and other stuff.

Which OS and graphic settings are you using Mos?

MOS11c #4 Posted Dec 01 2010 - 01:07

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7 battles
Im running Vista 64 bit, and on graphics in game I have all either high or med, with no anti aliasing. Have you tried updating all of your drivers also? Also it helps to minimize your system load, close out anything in the task manager that doesn't need to be running that isnt system related, hope this will help.

boybland #5 Posted Dec 01 2010 - 01:36

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles
I never used to have an issue with this but it certainly seems to have gotten worse recently, the thing is it is very inconsistent which makes me doubt it is my PC in general, more likely my internet connection or the particular tanks in the battle I am in or something.

Sometimes I get in before the counter even starts, other times the game has started and already people are moving about, you can always tell when it's going to do it because the load bar stalls at around 25%, my guess is that there is a particular event that springs this ie: when a particular tank is present for example...

It would be interesting to see what tanks the people who get it every time are driving.

VooDooPC #6 Posted Dec 01 2010 - 02:23

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11337 battles
The last new drivers from Nvidia came out October 25th, I've had them since they came out. The stuff I run while the game is running is Steam, MSN, Kaspersky, Deamon Tools, Logitech SetPoint and EVGA Precision.

I've tried run running the game without MSN, Steam, or Kaspersky open, but it still runs like a total dog.

Tonight I am going to try running everything on low, maybe it's one of the new advanced graphics options. I will post back later.

MOS11c #7 Posted Dec 01 2010 - 03:30

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 7 battles
My only other idea, is that you could be running on a strict and or closed NAT. Try going into router or modem settings and changing the NAT to open.

VooDooPC #8 Posted Dec 01 2010 - 03:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 11337 battles
Changing settings to low didn't change anything. First battle on Cliffs the countdown was at 9 seconds left when I got in. Second battle was on that large city map, not Ensk, but the other one, battle already started when I got in.

My NAT should be open. When I got my Xbox 360 last year I had the problem with a strict NAT and had to mess with router settings to make it open.

I'm thinking I will just have to live with it. Maybe one day they will add multi-core support and that will help, I'm sure.

dopesnake #9 Posted Mar 03 2011 - 23:46

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4850 battles
i installed my game to a new drive and it solved this problem for me.

boybland #10 Posted Mar 16 2011 - 20:55

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 1234 battles

View Postboybland, on Dec 01 2010 - 01:36, said:

I never used to have an issue with this but it certainly seems to have gotten worse recently, the thing is it is very inconsistent which makes me doubt it is my PC in general, more likely my internet connection or the particular tanks in the battle I am in or something.

Sometimes I get in before the counter even starts, other times the game has started and already people are moving about, you can always tell when it's going to do it because the load bar stalls at around 25%, my guess is that there is a particular event that springs this ie: when a particular tank is present for example...

It would be interesting to see what tanks the people who get it every time are driving.

Well a new patch and an increase of RAM from 1GB to 3GB and I always load way before the 30 second counter even starts...
To anyone running only 1GB of RAM adding a little more seems to add a lot to the stability of the game and improved loading times alot.

speedowow #11 Posted Apr 03 2011 - 17:53

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19626 battles
You have a 2nd HD?  Install the game to 2nd HD.  See if that helps.  I am usually 1st or 2nd on load-ins for battle.  I always install apps/games to 2nd raid 1 setup for such.  You might also move your pagefile to 2nd HD to help with any pagefile defrag issue's.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users