Esris #1 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 19:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
Hi!
Tacticians and strategists attention. A new tool is coming. :smiles:
But first of all the story:
Spoiler                     
With this new program you can plan your tactics for Clan wars or even for tank companies. You can draw your tactic with the common tools, like arrow tool or free draw tool, but you can also animate tank movements on the battlefield... in real time! And finally, after the long planning you can review your tactic.
Features:
  • Load any map in 2 clicks
  • Draw lines, arrows or place images on the selected map
  • Place tanks on the battlefield
  • Animate your tank movements
  • Your tactic can change in time
  • Live briefing
  • Save, share and play battles
  • ...and of course it's FREE :smiles:
You can find more features and screenshots on the webpage:
Tactic planner for World of Tanks (version 1.0.4)
http://tacticplanner.rutkai.hu/

Alternate downloads:
Removed
Discussion/linking illegal/unreleased content (minor)
GM/Mod Teams

WildBill813 #2 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 19:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12330 battles
It looks promising.  The best feature of ATC is the multi-user collaboration.  Do you have plans for such a feature?

JakenVeina #3 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 19:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11432 battles
  • [DFA] DFA
Some of the reasons we gave up on ATC.....

Connection issues: Requires the host to setup port forwarding properly, and then didn't always work. Some clients would never be able to connect despite having all the proper network settings.

Buggy: Every time someone logs in to the briefing, the host has to refresh the map and reload the drawings before they can see anything. On several occasions, people without a "pen" could still change the map and make drawings on the map.

Ads: Yeah, this is an obvious one. I actually have no problem paying to use good software, but ATC was always ridiculously expensive, even if it didn't perform like crap.

Hotkeys?: This isn't really a bug or anything, but it'd still be nice for you to consider. We prefer to have everyone use Push-to-Talk for TeamSpeak, and many of our members used PTT keys like "F" or "G", which would cause ATC to switch to the first map whose name starts with "F" or "G" every time they tried to talk. Even if they didn't have the map selector section of the window in focus. It was highly annoying.

Resizing algorithm: I always thought the resizing algorithm was bad. I'd purposefully make sure my map was always at 100% scale, because anything else looked terribly pixelated.

Client List: The list of clients currently connected to the briefing did not have a scroll bar. If you had more clients connected than the window could display, you were shit out of luck for seeing them, or changing their settings.

I'll add more if I can think of them. I hope the project goes well, good luck. I'll be following you.

Esris #4 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
@WildBill813
I'm going to make all the features what the users want. But bigger features require more users to be worth doing the job. (I'm not especially thinking of donations, just not myself to be the only one, who use it :))

@JakenVeina
Thanks! I'll try to keep in mind your advices.

D1true #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 04:38

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11938 battles
My clan is in theprocess of trying to phase out ATC due some of fore mentioned problems. The problem is that there rlly is no other way to have an interactive planning session with several people able to give their input on the same "whiteboard" out there that we have found as of yet. I am very interested in your project and will wait anxiously for it. I am sure others will adopt it if it turns out as planned. Good luck.

Canio22 #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 17:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16907 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
Maybe we could get a video on how to set up a strat? Would be very useful

anarchyxf36 #7 Posted Dec 29 2012 - 11:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH
Definitely has a lot of potential. A few changes i would like to see are

1 - combine both line/arrow drawing to be combined into one so both are visible at the same time.
2 - Make the line/eraser tool visible so you can actually see what your doing instead of guessing.
3 - Addition of a "Free Arrow" and "Free Line" tool would be nice.
4 - Have the numbered bases pre-drawn on the map! (Clan Wars is a standard battle only format)
5 - Remove the necessary input of a players name and just have it as an optional thing.
6 - When selecting things have them become "Shadow Highlighted" so you can clearly tell what is selected.

Other then that, this is a pretty neat well done job so far man. Keep up the good work and a +1 from me for the fantastic effort so far :Smile_Default:

Esris #8 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 11:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
@canio22
I'm not planning video at this point. I've designed the program to be easy-to-use so anyone can understand easily how it's working. If you have questions about functionality, I'll kindly answer to you.

@anarchyxf36
Thx, but I don't understand a few of your recommends:
1 - you can draw an arrow with its line, just click and hold the left mouse button, move the cursor to the end of the line and release it. A new line with a cap will be appeared on the map.
2 - yes, it's on the bug list; it'll be visible as soon as the render engine fast enough (maybe at version 1.0.0).
3 - free line? You can draw normal line with line tool and with the free tool you can draw freely. Or do you think to draw a chain of lines with (for example) a single drag and a few clicks? And the result may look like this: \_/  ?  :Smile_Default:
4, 5, 6 - okay!

I'll try to make more features as fast as possible, but in January I have a lot of exams so please be patient  :Smile_confused:

anarchyxf36 #9 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 00:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH
Accidental Post XD

Edited by anarchyxf36, Jan 02 2013 - 02:28.

anarchyxf36 #10 Posted Jan 02 2013 - 02:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH

3 - free line? You can draw normal line with line tool and with the free tool you can draw freely. Or do you think to draw a chain of lines with (for example) a single drag and a few clicks? And the result may look like this: \_/  ?
The answer to that question is yes, i do mean a chain of lines that goes from point to point and curves with the contours of the bends in the line...

I have found a crude example of what i mean by allowing the use of drawing a curved multi-point arrow/line...

Posted Image

If you look at the battle plan above you can see that instead of having 50 or so straight arrows showing how the movement of a particular unit would go, you have a combination of longer point to point curved arrows showing how the general movement flow should take place.

This additional option would allow a lot greater clarity in not only creating battle plans, but also would make explaining a battle plan to others a lot less complicated :)

Esris #11 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 09:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
Ahh okay, But the curves is a complex topic. You should be able to draw a normal line and curve at specific points. I'll deal with it later. The normal chain of lines is a much easier problem. I think I can make it in the neirby future.

Esris #12 Posted Jan 03 2013 - 13:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 0.9.1 is available!
Features:
  • Faster render engine
  • You can see what you draw :)
  • Mappacks: original and HD maps
  • New save file format (the new version still opens old files)
  • Removed quality setting
  • Bugfix: junk in save files
  • Bugfix: loading locked save files until exit
Download: http://tacticplanner.rutkai.hu/

anarchyxf36 #13 Posted Jan 04 2013 - 16:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH
Sweet! I will definitely download this and try it out :Smile_great:

Esris #14 Posted Feb 06 2013 - 18:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 0.9.2 is available!
Features:
  • Completely new WPF engine
  • Dockable panels
  • Toggleable coordinate grid
  • Image export
  • Chinese tanks are added
  • Tank names no longer required
  • Installer now sets file type associations
  • Portable edition

Sorry for the long silence, but I had had a lots of hard exam but I've finished all now. :) I have had a little time to write some code. I have reworked the whole rendering engine in a new project and the new planner rocks.  :Smile_veryhappy:  It is now fast enough for use so I can focus on other features like briefing. Yes, the new version will be include the briefing option. ;) Let's see some of the briefing features:
  • P2P connection
  • Ability to protect briefing with password
  • "Ping" an area
  • Live drawing
  • Privileges for the clients => your clients can draw and ping too, if you enable it
I hope I can make the next update sooner than this update. Please be patient and don't forget to tell your friends about this tool ;)

D1true #15 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 03:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11938 battles
I am sorry to say none of your links are working for me. I am very interested in trying out your new version.

Esris #16 Posted Feb 07 2013 - 09:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
Ahh, my DNS service is getting worse and worse...

I've uploaded the files to dropbox, this should work:
Installer:
http://dl.dropbox.co...cticPlanner.exe
Portable:
http://dl.dropbox.co...cticPlanner.zip

Esris #17 Posted Feb 24 2013 - 14:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 0.9.3 is available!  :Smile-hiding:
Features:
  • Briefing
  • Pinging
  • Selectable dynamic icons and tanks
  • -> Multiselection
  • -> Copy/Paste
  • Updated dynamic icon and tank positioning
  • Fixed menu colors

A short description and how-to for the new version:
Spoiler                     

Let's take a look at the future plans:
This release is the last beta release. The next release won't contain as much features as this, but all of the releases from the next should be bug-free and powerful. :Smile_Default:
On the other hand it's time to promote a bit the Planner. With the next release I'm going to publish a video. In this video I'll introduce all features of the 1.0.0 version. The further releases will depend on the feedbacks (and on using statistics).

Till then, don't forget to tell your friends about this tool! :Smile_great:

anarchyxf36 #18 Posted Feb 24 2013 - 17:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21307 battles
  • [86TH] 86TH
Good job so far on this Esris, This is honestly proving to be a really invaluable tool man. Keep up the awesome work!

Dlur #19 Posted Feb 24 2013 - 17:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 26480 battles
Is it possible to draw phallic symbols with this tool?  If so I know several clans who may be interested.

Yanozha #20 Posted Feb 26 2013 - 23:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23565 battles
Awesome work , Thanks tons !!

Also tagged with tactic, plan, strategy, maps, tacticplanner, maketactic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users