New version 1.0.0 is available!  :Smile-hiding:
Features:
  • Predefined stat points and bases are added
  • Font sizes increased
  • Homapage is addad to About window
  • Hills renamed to Mines
  • Grid layer is lightened
  • Dynamic tank icons realigned
  • 0.8.4 tanks added (maps are not updated yet)
  • Small bugfixes

Here is the first stable release. :Smile_blinky: I haven't updated the 8.4 maps yet, because the original maps resolutions in the res files have been worse, and I haven't found the new HD maps yet. But I'm working on it, so please be patient.  :Smile_smile:

I promised a video about the tool, I'm also working on it, I have already recorded it, but it needs to be translated.

Till then, don't forget to tell your friends about this tool! :Smile_great:

Kragenskjold #22 Posted Mar 19 2013 - 03:13

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9914 battles
ooo ATC killer. There, I said it. :p

Combat_Squirrel #23 Posted Apr 06 2013 - 21:23

Private

• Players
  • 2456 battles
  • [-KBK-] -KBK-
i luv this thing!! i do find it hard to do the connecto server, the fire wall issue and router thing. obviouly i am pc illerate (and in spelling too). is there any way that the "connect to server or start server" can be simplified?  ie... user name and then just connenct with out all the wirewall and port issues?

hope i made sense. thanks.

Edited by Combat_Squirrel, Apr 06 2013 - 21:24.

Esris #24 Posted Apr 07 2013 - 12:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
Yes, there is a way to avoid port forwarding on the router and other complex methods. Telling the truth, I thouth a lot about this question while I were developing the briefing. So let's see the solution:
If you host the server, as now, you have to take care of the open ports. But if somebody else hosts the server, then he has to take care of it. So, we need servers. :) The only problem with the servers is that somebody have to maintain it. Unfortunately, I don't have any reliable server for this purpose (I have only a 'reliable' web server subscription). We have to consider the following solutions:
  • You use my non-professional server for free, but sometimes this server may be laggy or unavailable :(
  • I'll rent a server (subscription or cloud), but we have to pay for this service (and this means a 'premium' content in the Planner)
  • And my latest idea (I've just cooked up :) ): I'll make a distributable server version and I'll collect public servers on the Tactic planner's homepage. If anybody has a reliable server and he tends to host the server for anybody, this idea would work. But this solution isn't better than the first one if nobody wants to host a server for public.
So, this is my difficulty. What do you think? Should I try one of the solutions mentioned above?

Esris #25 Posted May 11 2013 - 19:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 1.0.1 is available!  :hiding:
Features:
  • Now you can choose to show tank icons instead of tank types in dynamic view
  • New 0.8.5 map has been added
  • New 0.8.5 tanks have been added
  • Tank sorting bug fixed

Sorry for replying late, but my provider has screwed up something, and I cannot log in to the admin page :amazed: but it's okay now.

I'm sad to see that nobody has replied about the briefing question. I hope I'll get just a few feedback in the future.

And finally another important thing about the planner: in the WoT res files the maps' resolutions shrank in the version 8.4 and I don't know where should I get new high-res original maps. If anybody has an idea please write to me.

H8M3 #26 Posted May 12 2013 - 04:07

Major

• Players
  • 20132 battles
although this looks cool you should read the rules about this type of program http://forum.worldof...rams-permitted/

Esris #27 Posted May 12 2013 - 09:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
Ah, yes, I've forgotten this rule. You know I had a few issues with my hosting provider a couple of weeks ago and I placed direct links for you to able to download the planner.
I'm working on my post to be the regular one ;) please be patient.

Tjerry #28 Posted May 13 2013 - 13:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30935 battles
I've been using this for a couple of minutes now, first of all, great job. This deserves to be spread out.

Couple of things i believe could improve it:
A)Dynamic Panel
-When adding a Tank in "Dynamic Panel" and selecting "Nation" Unknown, could add the Heavy, Medium, Light, TD, SPG to the "Tank" drop down menu.
-When adding multiple tanks, would it be possible to keep the last tank info?, let's say you add a T62A and you want to add another, instead of filling the info again, some sort of clone last settings.(I did notice the Copy/Paste functionality. Some of us are lazy though :P)
-When selecting a tank from the list, highlight that tank on the map.
-When selecting a tank on the map, highlight that tank on the list.
-Enable multi-select on list, preferably allow to select a tank, press shift, select another tank 4 lines below and everything in between gets highlighted.
-Enable multi-select on list, 1 item at a time using "ctrl" key.
-Enable click and drag selection on map.
-Allow to use "Delete" key to remove tanks from list and map.
-After doing a multi-selection and releasing shift key, if you try to move the group around, only the tank that you clicked and held last, will move.
-Show tank name above tank icon on map as a label.
-Not as important, but could help if you add a "High tiers only" filter for the Tanks list.

*I'll try to add more stuff here later*

SRQFlyer #29 Posted May 13 2013 - 20:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 69197 battles
A very helpful feature would be to be able to save  the  animation as an animated GIF.  This would allow for distributing the strat without clan members needing the tool.

Esris #30 Posted Jun 01 2013 - 11:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
@Tjerry
Thx for the suggestions. The questions about the selections are known bugs, but when I made the features I haven't got enough time to fix every strange behavior.

@SRQFlayer
Yes, that is a good idea, but I don't know at the moment how complex would be a feature like that. I already have a few simpler and more essential feature but I'll add it to my other plans.

For all:
I've talked with the support about my links. Unfortunately I couldn't remove the red parts :( so we have to put up with it.
For a week or so I probably won't have any time to deal with the planner. I will publish a new version as soon as I can.

Darkhavox #31 Posted Jul 31 2013 - 23:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 14675 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-
would using hammachi work best with connecting to others.. because hosting with your IP is stupid

NJtanker #32 Posted Jul 31 2013 - 23:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12372 battles
Any word on 8.7 update with new Map ??

Esris #33 Posted Aug 04 2013 - 11:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 1.0.2 is available!:hiding:
Features:
  • Updated maps and tanks to 8.7
  • Replaced HD maps
  • Added more Unknown tank type

I'm working on a bigger update, but you know: everything is slower in the summer. :) It will be done when it's done.

...and sorry for the late update. :)

Esris #34 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 12:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 1.0.3 is available!:hiding:
Features:
  • Updated maps and tanks to 8.8

This is a small update, because I have to learn some new things for the next big update (for geeks: MVVM architecture and commanding) so I can't code it on the fly.

SantiCpt #35 Posted Sep 16 2013 - 20:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
nice

Kershek #36 Posted Sep 23 2013 - 02:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 25906 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N
This looks very promising.  My #1 feature is to have tank movements exportable to a video, such as an animated gif where it's easy to show via imgur.

Esris #37 Posted Nov 05 2013 - 12:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
New version 1.0.4 is available!:hiding:
Features:
  • Updated maps and tanks to 8.9

Here is the new Planner version for the new WoT version! I'm writing now my thesis paper, so for a month I won't have time to code. I know I always tell you this guys, but for now I just want to say that I still haven't forgotten my project. :)

@Kershek
Yes, I've noticed that most of the players don't want to install new programs for a simple briefing, so I will implement such feature in the future. I prefer the animated gif now (because it's easier to implement), but the avi is still possible.

Kershek #38 Posted Nov 05 2013 - 17:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 25906 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N
Thanks for the update.  Good luck on your studies and keep us informed.

Lex_ #39 Posted Nov 23 2013 - 22:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10815 battles
  • [LOCKD] LOCKD
In HD map mode, I can load all the maps except for Fjords.  It does load in normal mode.  Any suggesstions Esris?

Thanks

Esris #40 Posted Nov 24 2013 - 17:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 20 battles
@Lex_
Thank you for reporting me this bug. :) There was a typo in the filename, but I've fixed it. You can download the fresh new working version from the website.

Also tagged with tactic, plan, strategy, maps, tacticplanner, maketactic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users