Jump to content


failing to understand WG's reasoning

why cap arty to 5 per side?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

GENPATT0N #-19 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,470
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
WG is a little late on the uptake, yes this is a good start but getting 5 arty per side is what I get in a average match on a daily bases so here is how I see it.

Bad idea: already get 5 per side on average

Good idea: no more GIGA ARTY PARTIES <-- Garbad is that much more happy but still no cigar.

Alternate: drop it to 3 per side so teams have those 2 extra heavies TD's and etc

what's next a suicide attempt at "fixing MM"? oh nope just working as intended.

Edited by GENPATT0N, Dec 27 2012 - 20:30.


B0B_Ross #-18 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,030
  • Member since:
    07-23-2012
five might not be that bad if they are truly getting "rebalanced"

Kankou #-17 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,424
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012
Average =/= Cap

Furthermore, how less are you going to get the Tamada Yoshio Medal, the Pascucci’s Medal, the Dumitru’s Medal, or the Burda's Medal?

GeneralDirection #-16 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:33

    Major

  • Administrator
  • 0 battles
  • 2,982
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostGENPATT0N, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:29, said:

WG is a little late on the uptake, yes this is a good start but getting 5 arty per side is what I get in a average match on a daily bases so here is how I see it.

Bad idea: already get 5 per side on average

Good idea: no more GIGA ARTY PARTIES <-- Garbad is that much more happy but still no cigar.

Alternate: drop it to 3 per side so teams have those 2 extra heavies TD's and etc

what's next a suicide attempt at "fixing MM"? oh nope just working as intended.

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.

iamablocker #-15 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,818
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011
^

This.

Unless they rework the Arty-related medals to less than 5 then it's going to stay at five.


Choose: 12+ Per room per game with periods of arty lull, or constant 10 per game with no arty lull?

dragonlance999jb #-14 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:37

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 90
  • Member since:
    05-26-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.

YES we want this. It will be tank heavy if your not on arty side REVENGE ARTY SLAUGHTER! might convince all these sandwitch eaters to play some tanks so we won't have an arty party top tier game or games constantly.

Edited by dragonlance999jb, Dec 27 2012 - 20:37.


Hellheavytanks #-13 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,376
  • Member since:
    02-15-2011
I find in game: 18 artys is too much.

I'm not happy. :Smile_ohmy:  :Smile_sad:

Judge: found guilty the WG's to MM with 18 artys.

Commando_Nightmare #-12 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,669
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.

Tier 9 and tier 10 spgs? HHHOOOLLLLYYYY....

Iron_Jeager #-11 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 757
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012
5 per side is perfect anyways. 10 tanks 5 arty.

bulldog1986 #-10 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:44

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 478
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.

I for one would love to hear the issues that come with a lower cap.......get the community working on this one, since they have the loudest voice against it.

Fluffy_Kittens #-9 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,967
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.


what i think is kind of odd, is that how some people who are good at the game because they can easily disect the mechanics of the game and understand them which allows the player to be better at the game. (kind of like a geek being geeky which allows them to be better at a computer game)
but they cant figure out that capping arty will cause a crazy ripple affect on match maker.

it's basic math people. it's not a malicious intent by WG to screw YOU (insert the ragers name here) over.

Radix4257 #-8 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:47

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,418
  • Member since:
    12-13-2010

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.

If you think camping (read hiding) is bad now, much less rage quitting, just wait till the super splash kill everything within 50 yards monsters come out.

Hellheavytanks #-7 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,376
  • Member since:
    02-15-2011

View PostFluffy_Kittens, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:46, said:

what i think is kind of odd, is that how some people who are good at the game because they can easily disect the mechanics of the game and understand them which allows the player to be better at the game. (kind of like a geek being geeky which allows them to be better at a computer game)
but they cant figure out that capping arty will cause a crazy ripple affect on match maker.

it's basic math people. it's not a malicious intent by WG to screw YOU (insert the ragers name here) over.
*sob* I'm useless the alone tank but higher the warning to WG's with MM in 18 artys. :Smile_sad:
Unless break rule and broken rule to highest SPGs or highest TDs  in the game.

captking #-6 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:55

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 2,029
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010
Just a few thoughts

The fact WGing is adding more ARTY should speak volumes about how much they listen to the players....Because if i could i would plaster NOOBMOBILE all over my one French Arty....Because its whack a mole time.....

Fearmeister #-5 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 20:56

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 307
  • Member since:
    09-26-2012

View PostRadix4257, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:47, said:

If you think camping (read hiding) is bad now, much less rage quitting, just wait till the super splash kill everything within 50 yards monsters come out.

What do you mean? The new tier 10 SPGs will be the current tier 8s

KilgorSoS #-4 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 21:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 11,792
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.

Well thank you for the insight, as MM and some of its workings are still a mystery to us. I am beffudled as well, as I recall you folks giving some feedback on the Increase in end tier arty repair costs, and stating that it "Reduced the avg arty per team, per match from 4.5 to 3.5" Now with this in mind, I find it confusing that if arty per match was NOW at 3.5 per team per match, then capping it to 3 per team per match would NOT cause any serious MM issues.

I really am curious at where this logic fails?

GENPATT0N #-3 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 21:10

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,470
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:33, said:

There are a bevy of technical issues that spring up with a cap lower than 5. Once we introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs we might be able to lower the cap, but right now 5 is the lowest it can be set to with the way the matchmaker works.

Unless you want to get into battles with 12 SPGs on one team and none on the other.
oh well thanks for the information a lot of people do not know this :)

Kankou #-2 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 21:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 9,424
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

View PostKilgorSoS, on Dec 27 2012 - 21:06, said:

Well thank you for the insight, as MM and some of its workings are still a mystery to us. I am beffudled as well, as I recall you folks giving some feedback on the Increase in end tier arty repair costs, and stating that it "Reduced the avg arty per team, per match from 4.5 to 3.5" Now with this in mind, I find it confusing that if arty per match was NOW at 3.5 per team per match, then capping it to 3 per team per match would NOT cause any serious MM issues.

I really am curious at where this logic fails?

1. There needs to be the basic recoding to put a cap
2. There needs to be a recalculation of the "weight" of artillery for MM purposes.
3. There needs to be a consideration of how many high-tier arty players are online at any one time.

Those are for starters.

Redwing6 #-1 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 21:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 2,913
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
WWorking as intended....

Cartoonman #0 Posted Dec 27 2012 - 21:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 4,053
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011

View Postdragonlance999jb, on Dec 27 2012 - 20:37, said:

YES we want this. It will be tank heavy if your not on arty side REVENGE ARTY SLAUGHTER! might convince all these sandwitch eaters to play some tanks so we won't have an arty party top tier game or games constantly.

You know, I find it that arty players tend to have a better grasp on the whole "leading target" skill; something many tankers have absolutely no clue on how to do. Spraying and praying can only fail you so far.