Focus?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Big_Cat_Piranha #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Hello. I'm pretty new to the game. I have 600 or so battles and 50%ish wins. I've branched out and am currently research 7 different lines. I have 1 tier V and 6 tier IVs. I have a British heavy (tier V), British light (Tier IV), American Medium (tier IV, heading for heavy), Soviet TD (tier IV), German TD (tier IV), Soviet Light (tier IV), and French Heavy (tier IV). I'm trying to decide which one to focus on getting to higher tiers and was wondering if you had any advice. I'm leaning towards British heavy's because the support role sounds interesting to me and I feel that they will be more forgiving from what I've heard than the French Heavy's. Any thoughts?

GearaDoga #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:30

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
The Soviet TD line is a very good pick, IMO.  Good vehicles overall, with HUGE guns.  American Heavies are another very solid pick so long as you can endure the T32's weak gun.

BattleOfTanks115 #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
The British heavies are not that good IMO, but the medium one is fine.

French heavies and mediums need a really specific playstyle, they are not that easy to play.

If you want a non auto-loading heavy I would suggest the T110e5 or IS-7.

If you don't want these heavies and just TDs I preferred the Russian ones, but then again they might be hard to use as they lack armor.

When you can I would strongly recommend playing on the test server when its available as you can try all the tanks.

Big_Cat_Piranha #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
How do you do that? Is it when you sign in when you start up the game?

Thanks that's helpful. I'm struggling with my Covenanters, A-20 and Lee right now. Love my Hetzer and B1. I just like Churchill's in general. I may try and go for Soviet TD's. Which line of Soviet TDs would you recommend?

BattleOfTanks115 #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 07:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBig_Cat_Piranha, on Dec 28 2012 - 07:38, said:

How do you do that? Is it when you sign in when you start up the game?

Thanks that's helpful. I'm struggling with my Covenanters, A-20 and Lee right now. Love my Hetzer and B1. I just like Churchill's in general. I may try and go for Soviet TD's. Which line would you recommend?

WG will announce that a test server is up on the launcher and in the main website when it comes up.

If you like heavies that are fairly fast with a good gun, for the price of some armor then the Russian IS-7 line is good. The KV-1S, IS, and IS-8 I think are good examples of speed but a bit less armor, the IS-3 and IS-7 may have less armor but their unique "pike-nose" shaped armor greatly enhances the armor's strength, but if the armor is angled too much then the armor will be flatter, this easier to pen.

The american heavies are great brawlers and they have better accuracy than russian guns and great gun depression, but their tanks are a bit slower. Both of these heavy lines are very good, so pick one that you feel more comfortable with.

For TDs I like the russian Obj. 268 for it's high damage and speed, but it sacrifices armor.

The american T110e4 is different from other TDs because it has a turret than can turn 90 degrees to both sides, this TD feels more like a slower T110e5 with a bigger gun.

If you want a pure TD with good damage than the Obj. 268 is very good for this.

Both heavy lines are very nice so I would research more about them to find your answer.

Big_Cat_Piranha #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 08:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Thanks. I'm trying to not start a new line of tanks so I'll look into American heavies, Russian TDs, and I've heard good things about British mediums. I'll probably still end up bringing everything up eventually but I'll attempt to focus on these for now. Gotta grind through the lee. Only 12,000 exp to go.

banana2011 #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 08:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
to have the advantage of the modules, go for e-100 before maus, so that modules for vk4502ausB will be available, coz tier-8 VK4502austA dont have a tier-9 gun. so for it to be available you need to go for tiger-II ist, and so that only a few grind will be spend, the same case with the russian heavies- go for IS-7 line before IS-4. the tier-9 gun of STI-1 is from IS-3, kv-4 tier-9 gun cannot be
mounted to STI-1 and its top gun is also the gun of IS-8 and IS-4.....therefore for you to feel right.... jus follow my advise.

McBaconater #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 08:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
ugh that lee> its a menace to sanity getting it elited , i passed on the preist research .Would have been done with the Lee entirely but now its need for american tier X medium i wangt . Good luck , focus on hitting the targets to start it all gets easy after that and dont get too worried about win rates > 90+% of the players are in the 45-55% range right there with you .

BattleOfTanks115 #9 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 08:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I actually liked the lee...weirdly...

Just try to play it like a TD and don't charge in unless your top tier, good luck!

Big_Cat_Piranha #10 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 14:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I was looking forward tonthe lee and actually it's not that bad it takes forever for me to earn experience on it. I'm still not very good. I'm a third of the way through the experience to get to crusader from Covenanters. Got better when I learned that stock gun is best. So wierd. I am slowly working towards the second gun on SU-85. I feel like that will help alot. I like the speed of Soviet TDs. I'm starting to warm up to the idea of higher tier soviet TDs.

soluuloi #11 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 16:38

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBattleOfTanks115, on Dec 28 2012 - 07:30, said:

The British heavies are not that good IMO, but the medium one is fine.

French heavies and mediums need a really specific playstyle, they are not that easy to play.

If you want a non auto-loading heavy I would suggest the T110e5 or IS-7.

If you don't want these heavies and just TDs I preferred the Russian ones, but then again they might be hard to use as they lack armor.

When you can I would strongly recommend playing on the test server when its available as you can try all the tanks.
Bristish heavies are for expert tankers, newbie and noob should stay away.
Ussr heavies are noob friendly, it takes no skill to learn and master.
German heavies are easy to learn but very hard to master, not for noob.
US heavies are kinda easy to play but need a good tanker to handle.
French heavies are easy to play in low tiers but hard to play in high tiers, not for noob too.

Big_Cat_Piranha #12 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 20:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
As I was playing that last few day I realized I like tanks that are with fairly accurate guns. Are there any suggestions for a line if I want a tank that can either hit and run or snipe?

BattleOfTanks115 #13 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 21:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostBig_Cat_Piranha, on Dec 30 2012 - 20:12, said:

As I was playing that last few day I realized I like tanks that are with fairly accurate guns. Are there any suggestions for a line if I want a tank that can either hit and run or snipe?

German tanks have the best accuracy, but I'm not sure if they are fast enough for hit and run.

The French Batchat is good for hit and run because of it's 6 round autoloader, but it may be hard to master.

I would try the test server now that its up, that should help you pick a tank that you like.

Big_Cat_Piranha #14 Posted Dec 30 2012 - 23:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
I can't log on. I enter the email an d password that works for everything else and it says they're wrong

Silversound #15 Posted Dec 31 2012 - 00:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Spend an Hour Here