I heard they are going put tier 10 SPGs into the game......

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

Poll: About Tier 10 SPGs (55 members have cast votes)

Are you satisfy with the current SPGs tech tree that ended at tier 8?

1. Yes (27 votes [49.09%])

Percentage of vote: 49.09%

2. No (28 votes [50.91%])

Percentage of vote: 50.91%

Do you think having a SPG tech tree up to tier 10 is a good idea?

1. Yes (37 votes [67.27%])

Percentage of vote: 67.27%

2. No (18 votes [32.73%])

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

How do you want the new Tier 9 and 10 SPGs to be introduce, if they must do it?

1. Introduce new tier 9 and 10 SPGs (11 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Introduce new med and low tier SPGs and level up the current ones(like when they add the ELC) (44 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

Do you think they should nerf the arty and set a cap on the numbers per game? (they are planning to do so)

1. No, everything is fine now (7 votes [12.73%])

Percentage of vote: 12.73%

2. Just the cap will do it, the stat of the arty is fine (30 votes [54.55%])

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Just nerf it, there is no need for a cap (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Both Nerf and Cap, the arty is OP and annoying (16 votes [29.09%])

Percentage of vote: 29.09%

5. Remove the arty from game, I fxxking hate arty!!! I want to camp like a sitting duck!!! (2 votes [3.64%])

Percentage of vote: 3.64%

Do you play arty?

1. Yes (47 votes [85.45%])

Percentage of vote: 85.45%

2. No (8 votes [14.55%])

Percentage of vote: 14.55%

If you play arty, which nation?

1. USSR (25 votes [23.81%])

Percentage of vote: 23.81%

2. USA (21 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Germany (37 votes [35.24%])

Percentage of vote: 35.24%

4. France (22 votes [20.95%])

Percentage of vote: 20.95%

Vote Hide poll

ArmorHunter025 #1 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 3628 battles
As you may read from another post, yes they are going to put tier 10 SPGs into the game......probably in the second half of year 2013. And they are nerfing and setting a cap to the numbers of arty per game too. Personally I think the cap is good because I don't want to get into games with 7 arties on each team and then another game where the enemy have a bunch of TDs and we have no arty, so the cap basically can balance the number of SPGs you got in each game. The nerf, I don't know, if it is only a small one then it is OK, if it is a big one then I will be sad, I think the current stat of arty are pretty balance already. But what really bugs me is that they are going to introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs......I don't think it is a good idea at all.....As all of you know, SPG usually fight at higher tiers than its own. For example, the S-51, a tier 6 SPG will see battle from tier 8 to tier 10, and it never fight in tier 7 battle. It does have a gun that can hit hard in tier 8 to tier 10 so it's just fine. And now our end tier arty is at tier 8 and they can only fight tier 9 and 10 tanks in their battle, excluding LT, SPG and failed platoon. And they are good at what they do. If they are going to introduce new tier 9 and 10 SPGs without introducing tier 11 and 12 tanks, there may be 2 outcomes, first, the tier 9 and 10 SPGs will be OP for its tier, or second, they must nerf and rebalance the entire SPG tech tree, which is what I don't want to see.

If they are clever enough, the smartest thing to do if they really want a 9 tiers SPG tech tree is to introduce more low and med tier arties to the game and level the high tier arties up, which is pretty much what they did when they introduce the ELC AMX, and this is the only situation that I will agree to have tier 9 and 10 SPGs in game. If they are going to introduce new tier 9 and 10 SPGs, that's where the problems come in. First, there must be a big nerf to the current arty tree, imagine the S-51, a tier 6 arty armed with the mighty 203mm B-4 howitzer, able to one shot a T-44 and do 700 damage to a MAUS if the shot hit directly, have to stay at tier 6 and fight only tier 7 and 8 tanks. The damage it do must be reduced by half in order to keep it balance and this just make it look stupid because it's a 203mm gun and it shouldn't be doing only 900 damage if the shot penetrate....this doesn't make sense at all because the 17cm gun on JagdPz E-100 can do over 1000 damage already, and it is the same story for other high tier arties.

Besides the nerf issue, look at the huge exp that need for the tier 8 arty now. I grind my way to my Obj 261 and it took me 320000 exp to upgrade it from Obj 212, 100000 of them are total exp converted from Premium tanks. It is much higher than the exp needed for tier 10 TDs and HTs already, and you told me we are still not in end tier SPG yet??? Yes, you may reduce it to a lower amount, but what about those who already invest a lot of time and exp and possibly real money in it to get an end tier SPG? It's going to be unfair for us if they reduce the exp needed for high tier arties, but if they don't, the grind to tier 9 and 10 SPGs will need an insane amount of exp and time which will be ridiculous......

So, that's why I see introducing tier 9 and 10 SPG will be unnecessary and problematic, we already have a very good arty set up in the game, tier 8 as top tier is already good enough. What we need is just a cap for numbers and some minor adjustments. However, I am only a small customer and have no power to WG's decision, but what I really hope is that if they really do introduce new arties to make it up to tier 10, I hope they do it by introducing more low and med tier SPGs instead of introducing new tier 9 and 10 SPG and nerf the current one to a laughable situation.....there are a lot of SPGs in WWII that are not show in the game anyway (like the SU-122, it now only appears as the SU-85 with the 122m gun and can only go TD mode......). Anyway, that's my thought, what do you guys think?

AlphaTanker101 #2 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:10

Major

• Players
  • 10279 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

View PostArmorHunter025, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:08, said:

As you may read from another post, yes they are going to put tier 10 SPGs into the game......probably in the second half of year 2013. And they are nerfing and setting a cap to the numbers of arty per game too. Personally I think the cap is good because I don't want to get into games with 7 arties on each team and then another game where the enemy have a bunch of TDs and we have no arty, so the cap basically can balance the number of SPGs you got in each game. The nerf, I don't know, if it is only a small one then it is OK, if it is a big one then I will be sad, I think the current stat of arty are pretty balance already. But what really bugs me is that they are going to introduce tier 9 and 10 SPGs......I don't think it is a good idea at all.....As all of you know, SPG usually fight at higher tiers than its own. For example, the S-51, a tier 6 SPG will see battle from tier 8 to tier 10, and it never fight in tier 7 battle. It does have a gun that can hit hard in tier 8 to tier 10 so it's just fine. And now our end tier arty is at tier 8 and they can only fight tier 9 and 10 tanks in their battle, excluding LT, SPG and failed platoon. And they are good at what they do. If they are going to introduce new tier 9 and 10 SPGs without introducing tier 11 and 12 tanks, there may be 2 outcomes, first, the tier 9 and 10 SPGs will be OP for its tier, or second, they must nerf and rebalance the entire SPG tech tree, which is what I don't want to see.

If they are clever enough, the smartest thing to do if they really want a 9 tiers SPG tech tree is to introduce more low and med tier arties to the game and level the high tier arties up, which is pretty much what they did when they introduce the ELC AMX, and this is the only situation that I will agree to have tier 9 and 10 SPGs in game. If they are going to introduce new tier 9 and 10 SPGs, that's where the problems come in. First, there must be a big nerf to the current arty tree, imagine the S-51, a tier 6 arty armed with the mighty 203mm B-4 howitzer, able to one shot a T-44 and do 700 damage to a MAUS if the shot hit directly, have to stay at tier 6 and fight only tier 7 and 8 tanks. The damage it do must be reduced by half in order to keep it balance and this just make it look stupid because it's a 203mm gun and it shouldn't be doing only 900 damage if the shot penetrate....this doesn't make sense at all because the 17cm gun on JagdPz E-100 can do over 1000 damage already, and it is the same story for other high tier arties.

Besides the nerf issue, look at the huge exp that need for the tier 8 arty now. I grind my way to my Obj 261 and it took me 320000 exp to upgrade it from Obj 212, 100000 of them are total exp converted from Premium tanks. It is much higher than the exp needed for tier 10 TDs and HTs already, and you told me we are still not in end tier SPG yet??? Yes, you may reduce it to a lower amount, but what about those who already invest a lot of time and exp and possibly real money in it to get an end tier SPG? It's going to be unfair for us if they reduce the exp needed for high tier arties, but if they don't, the grind to tier 9 and 10 SPGs will need an insane amount of exp and time which will be ridiculous......

So, that's why I see introducing tier 9 and 10 SPG will be unnecessary and problematic, we already have a very good arty set up in the game, tier 8 as top tier is already good enough. What we need is just a cap for numbers and some minor adjustments. However, I am only a small customer and have no power to WG's decision, but what I really hope is that if they really do introduce new arties to make it up to tier 10, I hope they do it by introducing more low and med tier SPGs instead of introducing new tier 9 and 10 SPG and nerf the current one to a laughable situation.....there are a lot of SPGs in WWII that are not show in the game anyway (like the SU-122, it now only appears as the SU-85 with the 122m gun and can only go TD mode......). Anyway, that's my thought, what do you guys think?
I think that your idea is awesome. The arty cap would do nicely to stop the anti-arty posts.

Emothic #3 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:11

Major

• Players
  • 5103 battles
I find that when there is arty in a match, mainly that of high tier and lot of them. I will camp more then in a game with no arty for I am moving around more.

Pepperoni_ #4 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:11

Major

• Players
  • 6836 battles
  • [ANZIO] ANZIO
Arty cap incoming, and if I recall right, Tier 10 SPG = current Tier 8 SPGs.

_ErwinRommel__ #5 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:13

Major

• Players
  • 4218 battles
i went into battle ende p the only none arty in the whole game like the hell. iquit that game

Rexxie #6 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:14

Major

• Players
  • 29401 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
This is only me making assumptions.

1. Arty will be rebalanced, not only in stats, but in tiers also. For example, they probably will move the S-51 or SU-14 to a different tier during the reroll. It might be a tier 8 SPG. Just because it's a T6 now doesn't mean it will be after the rebalance.

2. I predict what is currently the amount of XP to go from T7 to 8 will be about the same as it will be to go from tier 9 to 10 after the changes. Again, rebalancing SPGs also includes XP costs.

Lert #7 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:14

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 36654 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostArmorHunter025, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:08, said:

If they are clever enough, the smartest thing to do if they really want a 9 tiers SPG tech tree is to introduce more low and med tier arties to the game and level the high tier arties up,
This is exactly what they're going to do. The current T8 arties are going to be moved up and re-balance, and a few more filler SPG's are going to be introduced. This is common knowledge.

kermanit #8 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:17

Captain

• Players
  • 20928 battles
commoners have no knowledge  :Smile_trollface-3:

oldkye #9 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5892 battles

View PostLert, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:14, said:

This is exactly what they're going to do. The current T8 arties are going to be moved up and re-balance, and a few more filler SPG's are going to be introduced. This is common knowledge.
^ this also they will spread the exp out so it will be more in line with a normal T10 crawl it's almost like the devs can read your mind and post it before you even thought about posting the question. :Smile-hiding: *ready's tin foil hat*

cozza55 #10 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 11:20

Major

• Players
  • 12119 battles
Holy wall O' text...

Nice ideas and i agree, BUT basically what you're saying is put them up two tiers and give them normal MM therefore they have the same MM as they do now. SOOOOO arty is in fact not being changed at all but there will be a couple more mid tier ones.

EDIT: the cap is a must

Edited by cozza55, Dec 28 2012 - 11:24.

Boxhawk #11 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:47

Major

• Players
  • 12979 battles

View Postcozza55, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:20, said:

Holy wall O' text...

Nice ideas and i agree, BUT basically what you're saying is put them up two tiers and give them normal MM therefore they have the same MM as they do now. SOOOOO arty is in fact not being changed at all but there will be a couple more mid tier ones.

EDIT: the cap is a must

I think the point is to make it so that they only see tier 10 battles.  I read some guy's post about an arty cap being tested on the russian server,  so that might be coming too.

ShivaX #12 Posted Dec 28 2012 - 12:53

Major

• Players
  • 27725 battles
  • [3PZG] 3PZG

View PostEmothic, on Dec 28 2012 - 11:11, said:

I find that when there is arty in a match, mainly that of high tier and lot of them. I will camp more then in a game with no arty for I am moving around more.

Which is hilarious since arty excels at one thing: killing camping tanks.

Yet everyone loves to camp when it's an arty party, even the fast tanks.